Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Daka will prove to be an excellent signing long term, there is no doubting he has raw talent and his physical attributes are all there for him to be a top level striker, however like Vardy when he joined us he is on a steep learning curve as he still has a lot to improve on both technically and tactically and IMHO that is why we are not yet seeing him at his very best, however as fans with a little patience and a whole load of support for the lad, I have no doubt we will see what is a player with huge potential now blossom into a top class premier league striker over the next 2 seasons. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Strokes said:

Anyone saying get rid is at best thick as pig shit.

Fair enough he hasn’t been incredible recently but he has hardly been crap.

Given what we’ve seen early in the season, and that we already have 2 very good strikers at the club. I’m not sure what the hurry is to move him on. The guy has all the attributes to be a phenomenon. 
Strikers thrive on confidence and he it’s lacking currently but considering what we have seen with Vardy and Nacho over the last few years, how can you not give him time?

But he doesn't though.

I don't know where people are getting this from.

His control, touch, his strength, his runs.. nothing stands out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Strokes said:

Anyone saying get rid is at best thick as pig shit.

Fair enough he hasn’t been incredible recently but he has hardly been crap.

Given what we’ve seen early in the season, and that we already have 2 very good strikers at the club. I’m not sure what the hurry is to move him on. The guy has all the attributes to be a phenomenon. 
Strikers thrive on confidence and he it’s lacking currently but considering what we have seen with Vardy and Nacho over the last few years, how can you not give him time?

Must be missing those attributes. He has done ok, that's about it. Will need to massively improve his so called attributes to be a success in the prem. Lets hope he does

Daka will come good. Good football brain, pace to burn. Those two assists to Madison tonight,  Iheanacho would never have made. 

Just needs this season under his belt. Even took Thiago a season and a half to acclimatise!!

• Like 3

He's been an decent player in fits and spurts, if you consider him a long term replacement for Vardy it's been a reasonable first season with issues due to needing to step up sooner than planned. However, I don't think either he or Iheanacho work as a lone striker in this system that well. Can't go like for like, no Vardy then the system has to change and give them a partner to play alongside.

Guest Col city fan

It’s not fair to compare Daka (or anybody) with Vardy

Vardy is a phenomenon. He’s surely Leicester’s most important player ever and holds cult status at the club (proper cult status by the way, not some weird bogus status)

He was signed for a million quid, Pearson took a gamble that massively paid off etc etc

Daka is just another player who we’ve signed to score goals over the longer term. 
I think he’ll do that but he’ll never be ‘a Vardy’ because he can’t be.

The problem with this Daka business is that next year we are still going to need another striker. We can't rely on him yet or Ian Nacho to lead the line and when  Vardy is missing we're gonna be lacking up front again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adam said:

The problem with this Daka business is that next year we are still going to need another striker. We can't rely on him yet or Ian Nacho to lead the line and when  Vardy is missing we're gonna be lacking up front again. 

I don’t agree with that. We will need a striker if Nacho leaves but I have faith in Daka.

He was good today. 

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Im allowed to say it, after a bright start Daka hasn't been good enough. 

That's not to say he won't improve next season or the season after but it's obvious everytime he plays.

He needs a personal coach.  Vardy will play less games next season 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

It’s not fair to compare Daka (or anybody) with Vardy

Vardy is a phenomenon. He’s surely Leicester’s most important player ever and holds cult status at the club (proper cult status by the way, not some weird bogus status)

He was signed for a million quid, Pearson took a gamble that massively paid off etc etc

Daka is just another player who we’ve signed to score goals over the longer term. 
I think he’ll do that but he’ll never be ‘a Vardy’ because he can’t be.

Don't think anyone or at least only a few are comparing him to Vardy. What they are comparing him too is a premier league standard for a striker and at the moment he's falling way beyond that standard. Forget Vardy the question is will he be good enough for a top flight goal scorer and judging by what I've seen so far the answer is no. To lightweight not enough awareness, always on his arse and easily bullied by the opposition. It's all about opinions but he's about as good as Soumare.

Nacho and Daka just ain’t grabbing this chance to cement themselves as first choice for next season!

Nacho was well annoying last night, he had the ball in great positions but he just dwells on the ball and didn’t do anything at all.

Daka was a better when he came on, making some good runs in behind and good decisions with passing. If he gets the start next game he needs to have a good game so then he can have a run but he’s so inconsistent he’ll probably start rubbish then Nacho come on and play better. These guys 🙄 

He has the same problem that Demarai Gray had for us in that he's a better impact sub than a starter.

In a counter attacking team I have no doubt he'd be brilliant. But we seem desperate to play exactly the opposite where we build up so slow.

Thought he was very good off the bench last night. Really put himself about and his cross for that Maddison chance was excellent. He made life tough for Mina and I think he'd have got him sent off if the game went on for another 10 minutes.

We probably need a Kane-esque player for the main style of play, now. Vardy is a one-off but if we're going to hold possession and build up, we need a striker who is a bit stronger and also a playmaker, who can lay it off to someone else.

Perhaps if we played Nacho and Daka together...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

We probably need a Kane-esque player for the main style of play, now. Vardy is a one-off but if we're going to hold possession and build up, we need a striker who is a bit stronger and also a playmaker, who can lay it off to someone else.

I said this months ago and got laughed at.

It's so obvious though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

...CDK will solve that issue!!!

Taller, can finish, can link the play, he is not a slouch and very  much a team player. 

Edited by sacreblueits442