Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

I think with Soumare its very harsh to judge this guy. We are dealing with bigger numbers of course. However, both need this season to adapt. If the progress is not there this time next year, by all means criticise. 

Going from the Austrian league to the PL - in the side that is going through a difficult period is not easy. I'll say it again, there is enough there to get excited about. 

What the hell is going on?? He’s our “third choice” striker, has scored more goals than our “second choice” striker, is the youngest of our strikers, hasn’t even completed a full

season with the club, hasn’t even completed a full season In the premier league!

Theres quite a lot on this thread of people saying he’s not good enough, he’s a failed signing, he’ll never be good enough to be our first choice and I’m sorry but it’s just bollocks. There’s so many issues with this team at the moment but patson isn’t one of them. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Walkerfox said:

What the hell is going on?? He’s our “third choice” striker, has scored more goals than our “second choice” striker, is the youngest of our strikers, hasn’t even completed a full

season with the club, hasn’t even completed a full season In the premier league!

Theres quite a lot on this thread of people saying he’s not good enough, he’s a failed signing, he’ll never be good enough to be our first choice and I’m sorry but it’s just bollocks. There’s so many issues with this team at the moment but patson isn’t one of them. 

I agree with your first part, disagree with your second part.

He’s done ok for his first season but in recents weeks he has been one of our biggest issues. It’s so hard to create when his movement has been so poor.

• Like 1

Just now, Sampson said:

I agree with your first part, disagree with your second part.

He’s done ok for his first season but in recents weeks he has been one of our biggest issues. It’s so hard to create when his movement has been so poor.

That’s fair. I don’t think he’s been one of our biggest issues though. He hasn’t even played that much. I’d argue that iheanacho not scoring is a bigger issue considering he’s been our single striker most of the time. He’s looked hopeless. Ok his movement might be better than Daka’s at the minute but it’s still not served us too well. 

• Like 1

His confidence is clearly low yet despite that he has continued to work hard and show up. His pressing in the last few games has been very good and I don’t agree that he has stopped making runs. His low confidence will hamper his natural instincts to go at the right time and make the right/best movements though.  Barracking him won’t help him. Shame that this has coincided with a time when kel hasn’t been on top form and Vardy out. He could do with a bit of time out of the team and build this back up. With a good pre season and his natural attributes I think he could succeed here but there will never be another Vardy. He is a one off. Doesn’t mean he can’t be a success in time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Walkerfox said:

I'm afraid he is.

Thinking some people putting far too much on his shoulders the lad is in his first season in the Premier League hardly being played so he can’t be as sharp as he has been, his performances in our European games have been amazing at times if he’s not going to be played as much why can’t he be played with the U23’s for game time to sharpen up his scoring far too many people jumping on the lads back when he’s just not ready to play at this level week in week out trouble is the injuries with Vardy has pushed him into games where Brendan at times would not have played him ?

On 21/04/2022 at 09:47, fox_up_north said:

We probably need a Kane-esque player for the main style of play, now. Vardy is a one-off but if we're going to hold possession and build up, we need a striker who is a bit stronger and also a playmaker, who can lay it off to someone else.

Perhaps if we played Nacho and Daka together...

That's probably true re a Kane type striker. But you would also need fast and tricky wide players on both sides of the pitch to make that work properly, as Tottenham do now. 

• Like 1

Multiple times today he was hanging on the last shoulder or had made a run and the service was crap

Especially early in the 2nd half he had made a great run and the pass by Madders was shocking, then around 65 minutes he was hanging on the shoulder of a high line and had looked to make a run in behind and KDH didn’t even bother attempting 

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Are you mad?! When Phillips was here we nearly got relegated, once he left we won the league!!!

Yeah it was Phillips fault we nearly got relegated lol. Vardy has spoken highly of Phillips and his coaching, hence the point I was trying to make.

I’m not saying bring Phillips back specifically, i’m saying maybe we need someone of a similar ilk, a strikers coach who can work with our attackers.

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Yeah it was Phillips fault we nearly got relegated lol. Vardy has spoken highly of Phillips and his coaching, hence the point I was trying to make.

I’m not saying bring Phillips back specifically, i’m saying maybe we need someone of a similar ilk, a strikers coach who can work with our attackers.

...what we need is a different type of striker, someone who can finish but does not rely on running into space behind the opponents backline!!!

I was relieved when we were looking to recruit Odsonne Edouard as he gave us a different dimension and options to play. We better hope CDK turns up and give us the change upfront that we need, as we cannot continue to have games where our lone striker is isolated for 90 minutes.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I watched him all game and he did almost everything right. No service at all.

He got bullied by the Villa central defenders. He does that weird curved run when trying to win the ball allowing the defender in possession to simply move forward with the ball or pass it forwards. He struggled in possession and seems to have lost a yard of pace. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Col city fan

He really didn’t shine himself in glory today but I think that was a product of the game itself, not the player.

We created SO little than any striker would have looked bang average today. My fear is that we are turning quite a prolific goal scorer into a bit of a pussycat

I’d be inclined to bring in Nugent as a striking coach if/when he retires. Would be great to have him around the back room staff as a personality and a link between players and manager. 

Although he wasn’t as prolific as Phillips (prem wise) he was a very clever striker (deffo helped Vardy progress) and would really help Daka and Nacho no end imo.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He really didn’t shine himself in glory today but I think that was a product of the game itself, not the player.

We created SO little than any striker would have looked bang average today. My fear is that we are turning quite a prolific goal scorer into a bit of a pussycat

he used to go for goal - now he hesitates and looks for a pass.  He has been Rodgered.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2