Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

49 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He got bullied by the Villa central defenders. He does that weird curved run when trying to win the ball allowing the defender in possession to simply move forward with the ball or pass it forwards. He struggled in possession and seems to have lost a yard of pace. 

....Maswanhise does that in the U23 and I am sure I have seen Popov do so as well!!!

I would think the idea is to come out from the defenders blind spot and win the ball, it is a bit sneaky but if the defender does not see him until the last moment then it could be a good ploy!!!

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Maswanhise does that in the U23 and I am sure I have seen Popov do so as well!!!

I would think the idea is to come out from the defenders blind spot and win the ball, it is a bit sneaky but if the defender does not see him until the last moment then it could be a good ploy!!!

Never seen it work for Daka tbh. You might be right with the blind spot ploy but at times it looks like part of his way of looking like he’s competing when he actually has no real intention of challenging for the ball. Personally I don’t like that he does every time. It makes it easier for the defender to progress the ball forwards. 

7 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

he used to go for goal - now he hesitates and looks for a pass.  He has been Rodgered.

.....true, he is looking to be a team player as opposed to trying to solve his lack of goals by going on his own, when there are better options!!!

In both cases, there was not better options, but he felt the pass was the right thing to do. I would be surprised if he is not confused, regarding what he should be doing on the pitch, as if he had the confidence he would have had a run at Mings, he has the pace and the skill to beat him. I do think Rodgers likes to build a player into how he wants them to be, more than encourage them to be themselves.

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Never seen it work for Daka tbh. You might be right with the blind spot ploy but at times it looks like part of his way of looking like he’s competing when he actually has no real intention of challenging for the ball. Personally I don’t like that he does every time. It makes it easier for the defender to progress the ball forwards. 

...possibly it may work at a lower level, but Premier League players should not be fooled by that!!!

So long as he attempts to cut out the passing lanes, he is doing his job, maybe something he needs to work out with his manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Needs limiting to impact sub appearances at the mo. He's on a hiding to nothing currently. Confidence looks shot and he's as isolated as you can be against bigger, more experienced players. 

The best striker in the World wouldn't get a sniff with this teams midfield players combined pissy form at the moment. Ricardo is the only player capable of linking attack with defence at the moment and he hardly plays. 

• Like 1

Lots of excuses being made... Again... Fact is if you're not involved as a striker drop deep and get involved. If you can't score and it's not your day then work for the team. Show for the ball hold it up, link play and allow others to run beyond you to get chances for them instead. 

The truth which everyone is finding hard to accept is he just doesn't have it in his locker. He's absolutely one dimensional. He will score for fun when the opponents defensive line is pushed up to half way. Otherwise he has nothing to offer whatsoever. He is actually a more highly regarded Ahmed Musa. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Patson wasn't great today but Pele would have had a struggle playing in front of 4 central midfielders, the best of whom was shunted out to the right. Did Vardy even get a touch when he came on?

5 touches in nearly 30 minutes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

5 touches in nearly 30 minutes

That says it all about the quality of our midfield play then doesn’t it? Because no-one would ever question Vardy's ability to affect a game and yet he's restricted to 5 touches in half an hour. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Is the stubborn fella in charge not recognising that the trick isn't to constantly rotate the lone stricken up top. Perhaps it's because they need some fecking service and support? Two strikers anyone!??

well I hope you'll be happy with a back 3 again then as the stubborn fella in charge will only play it that way instead of with a diamond midfield or any other way

20 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

well I hope you'll be happy with a back 3 again then as the stubborn fella in charge will only play it that way instead of with a diamond midfield or any other way

.....the back 3 with 2 up front worked with Vardy supplying Nacho!!!

The only problem was Vardy was not scoring, which was expected, but Nacho excelled.