Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Starting to improve his hold up play, drawing fouls off Mings well today. 

I could draw fouls off Mings, the guy charges in to challenges like an elephant. He has the turning circle of an elephant too. It's a genuine mystery he gets considered as an international defender.

I'm not in the Mings Forever fan club as you can tell.

• Like 1

I just get a feeling that he might be an alright player, but we'll never see it here.

Wouldn't be suprised to see him leave over the next couple of years and then a couple of years after that we'll forget he was ever here.

Perhaps Kramaric esque. He'll end up doing a half decent job in another league.

4 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I know everyone wants him to do well, but he was awful again today. Doesn’t seem to have a clue

Does anyone in this system though? We seem to be perfectly aware of how to move the ball side to side and retain possession but when it comes to actually breaking teams down and attacking in the final third we look like we have no idea what we're trying to achieve. One of the biggest frustrations for me is our sudden lack of intent and ability to run at opposing players or link up around the box with short quick passes and movements. Its like we've got to stop and go back and look for another opening. Only KDH and Lookman to some extent make such movements. Whatever happened to players like Daka and Barnes getting on the ball and driving into the box to force the opponent to have to make a well timed challenge at speed, at the risk of giving away a penalty.

5 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I know everyone wants him to do well, but he was awful again today. Doesn’t seem to have a clue

What's he done today that annoyed you?

Yesterday, i thought he pressed well but chances were few and far between. Vardy hardly set the world alight when he came on. Both teams were setup negatively, and i dont think you can blame the strikers for that.

There was one part when got the ball, headed towards goal, and i wish he had a better run in. Instead looked for a foul, which he would have probably got if he was wearing an Arsenal shirt.

14 hours ago, Col city fan said:

He really didn’t shine himself in glory today but I think that was a product of the game itself, not the player.

We created SO little than any striker would have looked bang average today. My fear is that we are turning quite a prolific goal scorer into a bit of a pussycat

" prolific " ? Really where ? certainly not here.

35 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

He won't be when we create absolutley **** all for him. What are people expecting him to do? 

We may aswell play without a striker because we don't use them at all. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

What's he done today that annoyed you?

Yesterday, i thought he pressed well but chances were few and far between. Vardy hardly set the world alight when he came on. Both teams were setup negatively, and i dont think you can blame the strikers for that.

There was one part when got the ball, headed towards goal, and i wish he had a better run in. Instead looked for a foul, which he would have probably got if he was wearing an Arsenal shirt.

He had two great opportunities to run at the last man and was hopeless. The stupid diving was awful. He makes a run when it’s too late and his closing down is rubbish. Went flying with a mild hand on his chest and can’t trap bag of wet cement. Apart from that he was fine

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

His minutes per goal are marginally above 1 in 2 games- that's quite prolific.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Maybe it's playing in Vardy's shadow which is part of the issue. There's a lot of pressure on anyone's shoulders to fill such a gap that is/will be left by Vardy. 

We shouldn't judge him by those standards which Vardy took years to achieve. Vardy himself even took a year to get going when he first signed. Why is Daka not afforded that luxury? 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maybe it's playing in Vardy's shadow which is part of the issue. There's a lot of pressure on anyone's shoulders to fill such a gap that is/will be left by Vardy. 

We shouldn't judge him by those standards which Vardy took years to achieve. Vardy himself even took a year to get going when he first signed. Why is Daka not afforded that luxury? 

.. perhaps because people keep comparing them and Vardy is always part of the conversation regarding his (Daka) place in the team!!!

When Wilf turned up he immediately said he was not a Kante clone and should be judged as himself. 

Daka is putting a lot of pressure on himself, but the club looking for a Vardy like player does him and the club no favours. We need to move away from that style of play, to give us more flexibility in our game.

If Daka had the same mental acumen as Wilf, he could have difused the expectancy of our supporters and the media.

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Because Daka cost 23 times more than Vardy and had a good reputation in European football. 

But surely Leicester fans should have learnt not to judge players to quickly? It’s pretty bad seeing our fans slate him. 

• Like 4

The problem for me is the opposition are not going to let him play to his strengths and that , with our often slow build up is going to neutralise him. He has yet to show the cunning of Vardy who can still score even when our opponents do their best to stop him. He will learn some trickery with experience but have we got the patience. I expected ten league goals this season but it looks as though he will fall short.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Anyone slating Daka is an utter moron. The lad is incredible and will be incredible. Just show some patience yeah?

Its no surprise that the PL's top scorers this season are,with the exception of Jota, all 30 or there about in age. The days of prolific young strikers ,like Owen, seem to be over. Modern tactics demand experience and brain power to create opportunities. Patson should improve his tally year on year but it could be four or five years before he becomes a goal every three starts striker. With Vardy already in his mid-thirties this could mean we could be struggling for goals. We will just have to hope that Barnes and Iheanacho can make double figures until Daka is at full strength.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Was Vardy playing in Austria and didn’t have English as his first language too?

Even Vardy struggled his first season with us in the championship and wasn't a world beater in his first season in the prem apart from that great game against Man utd. Very few players hit the ground running 1st season in the prem. 

• Like 3