Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

4 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Rodgers not really given him a chance to prove how good he is, we will eventually let him go and he will become a gem playing against us in the future 

In front of him he had Vardy, 133 PL goals and 19/20 golden boot winner and Nacho who had just had his best ever season.

He was alway going to have limited game time this season, he played 1982 minutes which is the equivalent 22 full games

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

On 17/06/2022 at 13:13, LestaAl said:

He’ll be even better this coming season.

If we had European football next season, I’d agree. As it is, I just can’t see him getting the same gametime next season with no European football.

I think he’ll be the biggest loser from our failiure to qualify for Europe and us having much less games next season.

Edited by Sampson

Guest Col city fan

I have big hopes for Patson at Leicester. I’ve seen enough of him to think there’s a goal scorer in there and that he’s going to be successful here.

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

If we had European football next season, I’d agree. As it is, I just can’t see him getting the same gametime next season with no European football.

I think he’ll be the biggest loser from our failiure to qualify for Europe and us having much less games next season.

It`s not going to happen because Rodgers is not really a fan of two up front, but i`d like him to play up front with Vardy.  They tore Liverpool apart in the early part of the game in the League cup, with Maddison feeding them, then Daka got injured and ended up having to come off at, or just after half time.

17 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Huge if

Not really. No one seems interested in Nacho and last season was the first lengthy injury Vardy had had for us since his first season in the Championship. Neither are particularly big ifs.

I like Daka a lot, but I can see him really struggling for gametime next season with no European football and us not needing to rotate Vardy if we’re only playing 1 game a week - and it being hard to find the gametime for Daka to develop.

It will probably be him just being thrown on in the odd last 20 minutes of a game where we’re searching for a goal next season and a round or two of starts in the domestic cups and that’s about it.

Edited by Sampson

Just now, Sampson said:

Not really. No one seems interested in Nacho and last season was the first lengthy injury Vardy had had for us since his first season in the Championship. Neither are particularly big ifs.

I like Daka a lot, but I can see him really struggling for gametime next season with no European football and it being hard to find the gametime for him to develop.

It will probably be him just being thrown on in the odd last 20 minutes of a game where we’re searching for a goal next season and a round or two of starts in the domestic cups and that’s about it.

Daka is a work in progress. He needs a personal coach to look at how he learns the skills and habits of a top epl cf.  Why dont we develop him?

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Daka is a work in progress. He needs a personal coach to look at how he learns the skills and habits of a top epl cf.  Why dont we develop him?

I’m talking about actual gametime. I’m sure development coaching goes on anyway, but best way to improve a player is through playing. As I said I think he’s got potential and I like him, but when do people who keep saying he’s going to have a great season think he’s actually going to play without European football?

He was being played in European games last season and then when Vardy got a lengthy injury or needed rotating.

Now we’re only playing 1 game a week and Vardy won’t need rotating as much and we don’t have the European games, he’s essentially losing what would have been his guaranteed gametime next season to develop. I think he’ll be the biggest loser from our lack of European football.

How many of our 38 league games is he likely to start next season? Less than 10 most likely I’d say, potentially less than 5 even if Vardy stays as fit as he usually does, then we might only have a couple of games outside the league in the League and FA Cup and that’s it.

Edited by Sampson

21 hours ago, Sampson said:

I’m talking about actual gametime. I’m sure development coaching goes on anyway, but best way to improve a player is through playing.

He was being played in European games last season and then when Vardy got a lengthy injury or needed rotating.

Now we’re only playing 1 game a week and Vardy won’t need rotating as much and we don’t have the European games, he’s essentially losing what would have been his guaranteed gametime next season to develop. I think he’ll be the biggest loser from our lack of European football.

How many of our 38 league games is he likely to start next season? Less than 10 most likely I’d say, potentially less than 5 even if Vardy stays as fit as he usually does, then we might only have a couple of games in the League and FA Cup and that’s it.

I agree this is a point.  I would line to see Daka being given 25 mins each game.

Face it, although we all love Jamie  (his finishing is incomparable) his form and fitness will diminish each season now.

Btw I think there is no evidence that we have individual coaches to develop players despite spending a lot on their wages.  In fact rodgers seems to abandon players.  Players are expensive to buy and to wage.  This is madness imo.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

How many of our 38 league games is he likely to start next season? Less than 10 most likely I’d say, potentially less than 5 even if Vardy stays as fit as he usually does, then we might only have a couple of games outside the league in the League and FA Cup and that’s it.

I think 10 is a minimum, given the larger number of mid-week games, and the fact we will be giving some priority to the Cups. But let's face it, Jamie Vardy is a 35-year-old striker in the Premier League: Every niggle is going to see him miss starts, if not games.

I would not be surprised if Daka starts 20 games next season.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think 10 is a minimum, given the larger number of mid-week games, and the fact we will be giving some priority to the Cups. But let's face it, Jamie Vardy is a 35-year-old striker in the Premier League: Every niggle is going to see him miss starts, if not games.

Yes i would hope he starts more than 10. Whilst I don’t expect Jamie to lose his considerable powers suddenly I would expect Daka to continue to improve to the point where he provides genuine competition. This what we hope for but things often don’t turn out the way we expect. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

As far as I can tell, there are only 3 midweek league games all season and we’ll only give the cups priority in the later rounds if we reach them.

I’d be surprised if he starts 10 league games at a mimium. That essentially means Vardy is starting less than 28 games which I can’t see barring a lengthy injury.

Edited by Sampson

2 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Yes i would hope he starts more than 10. Whilst I don’t expect Jamie to lose his considerable powers suddenly I would expect Daka to continue to improve to the point where he provides genuine competition. This what we hope for but things often don’t turn out the way we expect. 

I just don't see Jamie sustaining 90 minutes at full tilt, even at his "smarter, less movement" energy levels under Rodgers. I expect to see him transition to playing 60-75 minutes a game, them alternating as an impact sub, as post-match recovery times continue to increase.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

As far as I can tell, there are only 3 midweek league games all season and we’ll only give the cups priority in the later rounds if we reach them. I’d be surprised if he starts 10 at a mimium. That essentially means Vardy is starting less than 28 games which I can’t see.

Midweek games always increase as the season goes on, due to scheduling conflicts. Since we are out of Europe, I expect Rodgers to field strong teams in the Cups, like he did his first full year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I just don't see Jamie sustaining 90 minutes at full tilt, even at his "smarter, less movement" energy levels under Rodgers. I expect to see him transition to playing 60-75 minutes a game, them alternating as an impact sub, as post-match recovery times continue to increase.

Of course you are right. That is going to happen sooner or later and he may just decide to hang up his boots or try something different. I just find the thought of it makes me feel quite sad. 

1 hour ago, Supergray22 said:

Of course you are right. That is going to happen sooner or later and he may just decide to hang up his boots or try something different. I just find the thought of it makes me feel quite sad. 

Yes,This may well be his final season. He may choose to take a lucrative Contract elsewhere, And who could blame him.

He's been nothing short of exceptional for us.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Only saw the highlights last night, but the way he took that goal on his weaker foot was phenomenal. Good work rate to get back and win the ball after losing in.

That wasn't the finish of a chancer, that was a top form Kelechi type of finish.

• Like 1