Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

24 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

There's 5 subs this coming season so not sure about starts but I'd expect Daka to finish 20+ games and Vardy not to finish many at all.

For me, Daka should be starting games with Vards coming on and giving it his all for the last 30, a fresh Vardy against tiring defences tends to be devastating. Plus Vardy doesn't generally touch the ball for the first 60-70 minutes anyway :D 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

For me, Daka should be starting games with Vards coming on and giving it his all for the last 30, a fresh Vardy against tiring defences tends to be devastating. Plus Vardy doesn't generally touch the ball for the first 60-70 minutes anyway :D 

It would be some statement by Brendan to do that. I think it's a great idea. 

Just now, filbertway said:

Yeah I get you, Vards could be coming on against a fresh back 4 though, with these subs, so that could be a good or a bad thing I guess. 

We need rolling subs really 🤣 start vardy sub at 30mins, back on for the last 20 eek every last drop of whatever he's made of.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think Vardy will start every game in the league next season when he's not injured. He's still one of the best strikers in the league and wouldn't be surprised to see him challenging for golden boot. 

I agree to an extent. Where Daka is much better than Vardy tho is in his pressing. He’s much quicker and with more stamina and he provides a really aggressive press from the front that Vardy can’t do anymore and it’s important to the way we play. It’ll be interesting to see how Brendan weighs up those options. 

Vardy is going to be starting every game when fit still. We saw last season how desperately we missed Vardy when he was out. I like Daka, but he’s nowhere near Vardy’s level yet. Also no point leaving it 60 minutes to bring Vardy on. We conceded first so often last season and lost so many games once a team got an early lead then shut up shop. It’s far more positive to start Vardy and try and get the early goal.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

Daka has all the raw attributes to be a very, very good PL level striker.

He has the perfect role model in Vardy to watch how he can make those smarter runs though.

The way that Vardy curves his runs, moving off one CB onto another’s shoulder (blind spot) is a joy to watch and was overlooked when he had that FIFA 90+ pace.

Would love to see them both scoring 15+ goals next season 😍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dusty said:

I agree to an extent. Where Daka is much better than Vardy tho is in his pressing. He’s much quicker and with more stamina and he provides a really aggressive press from the front that Vardy can’t do anymore and it’s important to the way we play. It’ll be interesting to see how Brendan weighs up those options. 

I like Daka a lot but Vardy is far better at starting and directing the ball for the eventual press. The whole team look better when he's playing if only for this reason.

People seem so quick to underestimate the attributes of the GOAT. He’s about a light year ahead of Daka at the moment.!

Daka needs to spend a bit more time on the bench watching Vardy - the positions he takes and his runs. Then, hopefully, start to make an impact from the subs bench.

Oh … and work on his first touch 

Vardy has world class movement and ball retention ability. Patson doesn’t, yet at least, but I’m sure he is being mentored by Vardy and will continue to learn from him. I don’t think we will ever replace Vardy, and it’s unfair to compare them, but I like Daka from what we have seen so far, hasn’t been dazzling but there is a player there.

Edited by FoxesWalk

Would be foolish to start the season without Vardy but Daka will more than likely not find his feet at this level by sitting on the bench 75% of the time. So don't be upset when Vardy does go or even start to drop off a little bit when Daka isn't ready yet lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This lads about to go bang ain't he? Pure bagsman. Spent a year quietly going about his business and getting whispered about he's muck and he'll now pitch up 2nd season and bludgeon teams. 

always felt he has the goals in him, the question is going to be about his build up play. 

He’s going to be one of those players that you love and hate at the same time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This lads about to go bang ain't he? Pure bagsman. Spent a year quietly going about his business and getting whispered about he's muck and he'll now pitch up 2nd season and bludgeon teams. 

8 g+a in about 1100 minutes in the League. Goal or assist every 137 minutes.

Good going for his first season, comparable numbers to Maddison (20 g+a in about 2.5k minutes - Goal or assist every 125 minutes) and Barnes (16 g+a in about 2.1k minutes - Goal or assist every 131 minutes).

He'll get there, i've got absolutely no doubt.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thought he was unlucky yesterday, and - may the Almighty have mercy on my soul - looked at Vardy three times and said, "Daka would've done better there, lad."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1