Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

20 hours ago, Simoken said:

Im still not convinced by him tbh.

Niether am I but I hope I'm wrong.

I'm sure I remember under Puel, Kelechi was scoring all the time. I don't really take much from pre season.

As for Vardy, he scored 15 league goals last season, he's still our main striker.

I expect to get shit all over for saying this, as it goes against the general opinion and what we want to believe, but I'm still very much in the camp of being unconvinced by Daka. 

He's rapid and clearly has an eye for goal and he can finish well. No denying all this and it's why we paid for him. But he's insanely raw and seemed out of his depth a lot last season. In the Premier League you need an all round game to contribute to a successful team and so far from what we've seen his all round game (ie first touch, keeping possession under pressure, strength, making the right runs) isn't up to scratch yet.

Any talk of being Vardy's successor should be put on hold until he's proved he actually belongs at this level for me. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I expect to get shit all over for saying this, as it goes against the general opinion and what we want to believe, but I'm still very much in the camp of being unconvinced by Daka. 

He's rapid and clearly has an eye for goal and he can finish well. No denying all this and it's why we paid for him. But he's insanely raw and seemed out of his depth a lot last season. In the Premier League you need an all round game to contribute to a successful team and so far from what we've seen his all round game (ie first touch, keeping possession under pressure, strength, making the right runs) isn't up to scratch yet.

Any talk of being Vardy's successor should be put on hold until he's proved he actually belongs at this level for me. 

I'm the same, and as I mentioned in my post, my main worry is that in order for him to really settle and understand the players around him, we need to be playing well, and playing consistently. We can't expect him to hit 15 goals this season if the team are off form or playing how we did last year. Then we run the risk of Vardy leaving and Daka still has not been able to cement his place as his successor. Speculation of course, but a real possibility if we play poorly this season and Daka cannot hit the ground running. It becomes a huge risk to replace Vardy with someone who has shown glimpses but not actually proven it yet. Really hoping Daka has a good season. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I'm the same, and as I mentioned in my post, my main worry is that in order for him to really settle and understand the players around him, we need to be playing well, and playing consistently. We can't expect him to hit 15 goals this season if the team are off form or playing how we did last year. Then we run the risk of Vardy leaving and Daka still has not been able to cement his place as his successor. Speculation of course, but a real possibility if we play poorly this season and Daka cannot hit the ground running. It becomes a huge risk to replace Vardy with someone who has shown glimpses but not actually proven it yet. Really hoping Daka has a good season. 

I agree, if we are controlling games and playing attacking football, he'll do well as he can focus on getting space and reaction finishes. Although you could say the same for Iheanacho.

If we're fannying around with it at the back he'll just get marked out of games and be a waste of space.

Over to you Brendan.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, indierich06 said:

I still really rate Daka and think he will come good for us, there's definitely a player in there.

He lacks pace and movement when I've watched him in the stadium. He is too slow for quick build-up play or counterattack football.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

that dive was mental. blew my mind that so many around me in that corner thought it was a foul 

I'm not really that biased towards us but it's staggering how so many people around me want fouls for every little thing.

Pressure is on big time this season for DAKA.

time waits for no one and daka has to start delivering. No more learning on the job. We do not have to luxury of time and patience anymore. I wonder what the time line is ie if he simply does not look like he can reach the level he needs to than another plan has to be made. Start looking for another young striker that’s quicker to learn and effective. We have to have an alternative.

There is definitely a player in there, he's getting stronger. He just needs the opportunity and to be played in his best position. Sticking him on for the last 15mins when the rest of the team are knackered isn't enough - despite that, he got a few touchers, ran lots.

• Like 2

On 02/07/2021 at 03:52, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

I don’t want to be negative but this isn’t the signing we need.

I know from a scout who has looked at Central Europe his composure is not good and in terms of work rate he won’t be a vardy replacement by any means. This side have won the league multiple times in a row.

He won’t be any better than what we already have. I suspect come Jan he will be loaned out. 

dont sound so stupid now ay

6 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

why does he get another two years but people like Soumare, Vestegaard need to be shipped out ASAP? I am not sure we are in the position of two years to wait.

Daka scored goals in not a lot of minutes, he's coming from a different country, probably barely speaks the language.

Soumare probably deserves another season, but he's been poor in all but one or two games.

Vestegaard doesn't suit our football style at all, is on a huge wage, and has again looked poor except one or two games.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Daka scored goals in not a lot of minutes, he's coming from a different country, probably barely speaks the language.

Soumare probably deserves another season, but he's been poor in all but one or two games.

Vestegaard doesn't suit our football style at all, is on a huge wage, and has again looked poor except one or two games.

well i hope your right, see you in a year . .. .:-)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

dont sound so stupid now ay

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The one thing that's definitely accurate is that Salzburg win the league every year. Fair enough he's not the complete package but his composure and his work rate relative to Vardy are not the first criticisms that spring to mind, nor do I think they're backed up by any evidence. I must have missed his loan in January, how did he do?

• Haha 1