Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

1 minute ago, Guest said:

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The one thing that's definitely accurate is that Salzburg win the league every year. Fair enough he's not the complete package but his composure and his work rate relative to Vardy are not the first criticisms that spring to mind, nor do I think they're backed up by any evidence. I must have missed his loan in January, how did he do?

I got the loan bit wrong, hands up. 

I believe his work rate is ok but not comparable to Vardy and composure for me is quite poor.

22 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

why does he get another two years but people like Soumare, Vestegaard need to be shipped out ASAP? I am not sure we are in the position of two years to wait.

Because at times, he’s shown genuine signs of quality 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

I got the loan bit wrong, hands up. 

I believe his work rate is ok but not comparable to Vardy and composure for me is quite poor.

Peak Vardy maybe, but expecting anyone to replicate that is setting themselves up for disappointment and Daka statistically gets through more defensive work than current Vardy by a fair margin. As for composure, if we're talking in front of goal his conversion rate stacks up with basically any elite forward you care to think of - better than Haaland, Benzema, Salah, Mbappe and Lewandowski. Of course, none of that is definitive proof that he is or will come to be a great signing, but they strike me as odd things to single out as weaknesses and I'm surprised you feel you've seen enough of him to consider your initial assessment proven correct.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Gotta be the first instance in FT history where someone has dug up their old comment where they were and still are wrong.

Didn’t that women reply to her own post with “paedo” in the face of kinder thread? lol 

That bloke a few posts back has jumped the gun for sure. That said DAKA is living off potential at the moment that's for sure because he's shown next to **** all since he arrived at City I do think if he hadn't come so highly rated he'd have been written off by many more already. He's going to have to start showing major signs of improvement and fast, before fans turn.

• Haha 1

For me he lacks the technical ability to be involved in the build-up play, which is why I always thought it was an odd signing as I don't think it suits the style Brendan wants to play. He can clearly finish when given the chance, but if he has the ball outwide with a defender in front of him, he hasn't got a clue what to do. 

But then he doesn't get many starting opportunities as he's second choice behind vardy.

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Daka scored goals in not a lot of minutes, he's coming from a different country, probably barely speaks the language.

Soumare probably deserves another season, but he's been poor in all but one or two games.

Vestegaard doesn't suit our football style at all, is on a huge wage, and has again looked poor except one or two games.

Have you ever heard an interview with him? Lol his English is excellent - probably better than most on here! 

7 hours ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

why does he get another two years but people like Soumare, Vestegaard need to be shipped out ASAP? I am not sure we are in the position of two years to wait.

At least with Daka we have seen the odd glimmer of brilliance 

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Daka should start.. vardy the impact sub when the game is stretched

Did you see how much better and how much more often we both scored and won last season with Vardy over Daka?

Daka’s time will come but Vardy is still a level above Daka and Vardy should still be playing every game he’s fit enough for.

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

Did you see how much better and how much more often we both scored and won last season with Vardy over Daka?

Daka’s time will come but Vardy is still a level above Daka and Vardy should still be playing every game he’s fit enough for.

Agree.  But we are not passing thru to him.  My point is he scores more in the second half

Edited by foxinsocks