Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Club are wisely letting the lad settle in - decent adjustment from Austria to PL

He should be an automatic sub for Vardy at 60 mins. Vardy needs to sprint to be effective and asking him to do that for 90 mins. is pushing it too far now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is the problem with our recent success. Certain players are undroppable and in many ways, rightly so. Vardy is our greatest ever player and I've no problem with him playing, he's in great form this season. If and when he gets injured again or goes off the boil then we no longer have the problem of no alternative. Daka is a beast in the making but he can't play as well as Vardy so we've a conundrum there and very much like James Justin, Castagne and Ricardo, it's the beauty of having a high quality squad.

My annoyance is Rodgers being too set in his ways with certain players who have shown absolutely no form for quite a while now. Maddison, Perez and possibly Barnes shouldn't be automatic starters for this team right now, not when we have the likes of Iheanacho, KDH, Soumare and Lookman also waiting in the wings with Daka. Maddison has to be dropped, now we can put Iheanacho in there or go 4-3-3 with Soumare or KDH for Maddison and then Lookman and Barnes either side of the striker.

I do understand people's frustration at not getting to see new signings play straight away, but playing them does mean dropping someone who's played a part in our recent success.

Re: persisting with out-of-form players - I get it, but if I try and put myself in BR's shoes, I guess he's thinking he knows what they're capable of, and that it's only a matter of time before they play themselves back into form. You do have to ask how long you can persist with any one player, though. I don't think you drop a player like Vardy after one bad game - I doubt many people would - but you also don't persist with a player who hasn't done anything for months (unless it's Perez - just to pre-empt the replies). I don't think it's an easy decision to make. I guess we'll see what happens now we have 2 games a week. If we're still not rotating, then I'll say the people complaining will have a point, but up to now, a lot of it seems like whining.

I think the squad is probably the strongest it's ever been. It looks to me like we've really added strength in depth in almost all areas. When the fixtures start piling up, it will be interesting to see how we deal with it now there are proper alternatives on the fringes, and also how much the added depth will help us. Injuries have plagued us for the last two seasons. Hopefully, we'll be a bit luckier this year (touch wood), but even if we're not, I think the squad we have should be able to handle it better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Jesus wept, what’s the rush?

He will play, Vardy can’t play 50+ games a season can he?

If anyone will put that to the test, it's Rodgers.

Our current squad is a good example of why balance matters - "sign good players" isn't enough.  We signed good players who aren't playing.  We have three good strikers and no right wingers.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Jesus wept, what’s the rush?

He will play, Vardy can’t play 50+ games a season can he?

Our fixture list coming up is incredibly congested, Daka will start and soon. Just be patient.

Rush is i stuck a cheeky fiver on him being top scorers....ain't going to happen warming the bench.... 🤣

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

We seem to have signed daka and soumare to play if wilf or vardy are injured,which is fine, but I don’t see them starting if those two play 

I don't think we have enough to go on to say that yet.

I think Daka and Soumare will be eased in and allowed time to adjust to the league before they're thrown in at the deep end. I don't think it was ever going to be the case that we signed players who instantly benched Wilf or Vardy. Daka and Soumare might force their way into the starting XI eventually, but I don't think it's realistic to expect that to happen so soon after they arrived.

We might have a bit of a better idea about how BR sees their status over the next couple of months with 2 games a week.

13 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

What usually happens when guys rarely play, especially strikers, is that they lack sharpness and tend to try too hard.  Then they don't get starts because their play wasn't good enough.  A vicious circle if ever there was one.

Iheanacho also proves that you can take your chance multiple times and still don't get rewarded for it

13 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

What usually happens when guys rarely play, especially strikers, is that they lack sharpness and tend to try too hard.  Then they don't get starts because their play wasn't good enough.  A vicious circle if ever there was one.

Sure. Agreed. The point is though he will get game time. People are complaining he hasn't played enough when we've played 4 games, and even then it's been one game a week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

We seem to have signed daka and soumare to play if wilf or vardy are injured,which is fine, but I don’t see them starting if those two play 

Soumare will never come in for Wilf. He's not a defensive midfielder.

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

If anyone will put that to the test, it's Rodgers.

Our current squad is a good example of why balance matters - "sign good players" isn't enough.  We signed good players who aren't playing.  We have three good strikers and no right wingers.

Iheanacho can't play up top on his own so signing Daka was essential IMO. Soumare is the one we might look on as a little needless if he's got very little intention of playing him, even if he's likely to come in for Tielemans in a year. We needed a right winger to improve out starting XI. We must be the only team who contends at the top of the table that doesn't strengthen their starting XI in recent seasons, Liverpool aside and its going to catch up with us.

I’m hopefully he will start against Napoli…. I love Vardy, and he is the greatest player we’ve ever had, but if Daka starts scoring goals he simply HAS to start all of the time. 

Im sure he will shine when given the opportunity. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Claridge said:

I can see Brendan rotating the squad for The Euro home game with Napoli to prevent Burn out, Soumare Daka Lookman etc will get their chance to shine with Brendan having the likes of Vardy Maddison & Barnes on the bench especially with a turn around with another game coming up on the Sunday ?

Hoping Soumare gives the game of his life to give a headache of choosing him over Maddison for the Premier League game as Madders has really underperformed so far this season is it the head turn from the Gooneys links worried about his injury or further injury or is it just an ego thing thinking he’s better than he actually is, trouble is Madders has so much potential but he fails to turn up game after game and Brendan continues to pick him over others as Soumare but we’ll see Thursday how these new lads shape up for the Foxes and give Brendan a headache over his selections as we have some amazing quality players and it’s a real shame to keep them on the bench and not play especially a prolific goal scorer as Daka ?

4 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Why do you think Edouard would have played if we'd signed him?

We've been playing with one striker and Vardy's started the season well. We're only a few games into the season. I'm not surprised Daka hasn't featured much yet. I think you're reading far too much into it.

I think he'd have played him ahead of Kelechi, which is what worries me slightly, (I emphasise slightly) at this stage with Daka.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, blabyboy said:

I hope BR starts him in the Europa game against Napoli, and perhaps a few others. I agree with Ric, we can't be having Madders and Marc starting - they look knackered atm

No we don't want to throw him in to our most important game of the season thus far. 

Has to be strongest side for the EL - surely that's our main target this season...?

We've won the league, won the Cup; a European trophy is the next level.

10 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

No we don't want to throw him in to our most important game of the season thus far. 

Has to be strongest side for the EL - surely that's our main target this season...?

We've won the league, won the Cup; a European trophy is the next level.

Not. There likely to be changes from the Man City game.

Having a much deeper squad means we can rotate starters.