Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Vardy looks less and less effective with every game in Rodgers one up top, tippy tappy system. If people cut him slack (rightly) then Daka and Nacho should be afforded the same. The team seemed to create many more real chances in the second half at Arsenal once they went longer and got into crossing areas quicker. 

Edited by l444ry

15 minutes ago, josh_baskin said:

15 goals in the championship before the end of the year should knock his confidence up

He's far better than the Championship. It'd be an absolutely stupid move. 

Would leave us very short up front. Give him the game time and minutes and he'll score here. Doesn't need a loan to a lower division lol 

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

We are not a team strikers truly thrive in. Vardy's brilliance covers a lot of issues.

Doesn't seem his usual self, looked well below the usual Vardy.... maybe it's age or something else..... Maybe the court case effected him, I know he's rich but coughing up 3m for a stupid case would really p*** anybody off with their Misses

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

We are not a team strikers truly thrive in. Vardy's brilliance covers a lot of issues.

Maddison is basically operating as a striker now. Its not the transition I expected but as Vardy fades and Barnes is injury prone its a good job he is.

13 minutes ago, Apollo said:

People are judging Daka on his reputation, not what he’s done for us. Shown very little (Moscow aside) - personally think he’s miles off it, but hope I’m looking very silly with this comment in future 

Gets very little service tbf. Doesnt help when hes one of the fastest strikers in the league but instead of putting balls in behind to actually use his pace (aka Moscow and Derby in pre season) we try and play it to his feet.. Brendan Rodgers tactical genius for you 👏🏻

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Corky said:

Yep, I reckon there are probably at most a handful of strikers in the world who would look consistently effective for us. Vardy is essentially a non-factor for most of our games but makes up for that by being one of the best finishers around. Daka is not the finished article just yet but I have absolutely no doubt he'd score goals in a team that actually creates good opportunities for their forwards with any degree of regularity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Doesn't seem his usual self, looked well below the usual Vardy.... maybe it's age or something else..... Maybe the court case effected him, I know he's rich but coughing up 3m for a stupid case would really p*** anybody off with their Misses

You’d be pissed off if your missus was a fame hungry slapper 

Edited by mod hero
  • Haha 1

I always think from this season we should start  Daka so he can get his confidence and game time up and play vardy as an impact sub, Daka isn’t going to improve in this league if he only gets 20 min here and there we need to boost his confidence get him banging in those goals he’s capable of doing so !

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I like Daka but he’s better in a two upfront with  Nacho tbh all our strikers need to be played in a two upfront. Kel is the glue, play him every game with either Vardy / Daka.

Mind you, that would mean Mr. Elite having to think a bit. Can’t be having that. #infallible

We cant afford to have a striker who does not contribute to build up play and etc.

He is not Vardy and niether Haaland

I would love to have someone more skilled and comfortable with ball

When i said i preferred to leave Nacho at club and get De Ketelaare instead of Daka i was laughed at

This guy is very limited and is just not good enough at what he should be good - finishing, running behind defenders and creating space

• Like 3

For me,  and don't bother getting on me for having an unpopular opinion please,  this is a discussion forum... he's way waaaaaay below the required standard.  I would go as far as saying he's totally out his depth. Will be amazed if he makes it in the PL,  whether under Rodgers or someone else, just not good enough. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

We cant afford to have a striker who does not contribute to build up play and etc.

He is not Vardy and niether Haaland

I would love to have someone more skilled and comfortable with ball

When i said i preferred to leave Nacho at club and get De Ketelaare instead of Daka i was laughed at

This guy is very limited and is just not good enough at what he should be good - finishing, running behind defenders and creating space

...I totally agree with you regarding De Ketelaere, he would have linked the forwards and the midfield perfectly if he played as the CF or even a false 9!!!

Daka is not going to progress without game time. The same problems besetting Vardy (poor and infrequent service) are now something he has to cope with. If Vardy had not achieved what he had done in this league, on the last two showings and last season, we probably are thinking he is not up to this league.

For Daka, playing for his previous club, there would be chances coming on a more regular basis, he just had to be ready to make the most of them. The odd half chances in games will only make you snatch at them, as he is not certain another one would come your way anytime soon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, justfoxes said:

I always think from this season we should start  Daka so he can get his confidence and game time up and play vardy as an impact sub, Daka isn’t going to improve in this league if he only gets 20 min here and there we need to boost his confidence get him banging in those goals he’s capable of doing so !

No point in playing him the way Rodgers wants to play him, he's just gradually going to lose confidence and get worse. Huge potential, deserves better. 

• Like 2