Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

2 hours ago, sdb said:

Good finisher but not sure what else he offers. I think players of this nature are becoming extinct in the modern game.

Completely the opposite, as the game has shifted more and more towards counterpressing, a striker with pace and the ability to spin in behind is more and more valuable. He doesn't fit in a tiki-taka side sure, but let's be honest pretty much all of our forwards are left on the periphery of games with how we play. Put in a system designed to press and where turning defences is a big attacking strategy and he'd smash it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Completely the opposite, as the game has shifted more and more towards counterpressing, a striker with pace and the ability to spin in behind is more and more valuable. He doesn't fit in a tiki-taka side sure, but let's be honest pretty much all of our forwards are left on the periphery of games with how we play. Put in a system designed to press and where turning defences is a big attacking strategy and he'd smash it

But they have to do more than just that. How many top teams have a pacey poacher style striker?

25 minutes ago, sdb said:

But they have to do more than just that. How many top teams have a pacey poacher style striker?

They do have to do more, has Patson had any chance to do so while playing in a system that doesn't really suit him or the squad we've got? Not really. 

• Like 1

All our strikers are going to struggle this season because Rodgers can’t get the team playing.

Daka has shown glimpses but he’s definitely one for the future.

Nacho should be our main striker now, he’s the only one at the peak of his career.

I don't buy the narrative that he "has to" play in a 2, I never have. It's rubbish. That said, I'd like to see it for as long as Barnes is injured.

I just wish Rodgers had the bollocks to do it properly, coached by someone else this would be a terrific team:

Keeper

Wes, Evans, Cags

Castagne, Tielemans, Ndidi, Justin

Madders

Iheanacho, Daka/Vardy

With Ndidi dropping in to make a 'back four' allowing the wing backs to do what they're actually supposed to be doing and getting right up the pitch and Maddison given both wing backs and both strikers to aim at? Pressing high, playing with energy, getting bodies forward? Glorious. I'd argue it's our strongest 11 on paper given the current injuries. 

(Edit: You can have KDH in for Tielemans, if you're so inclined. That's an argument for another thread. But Maddison, KDH, Ndidi and Tielemans shouldn't all be on the pitch together unless Madders is on the "wing.")

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

We cant afford to have a striker who does not contribute to build up play and etc.

He is not Vardy and niether Haaland

I would love to have someone more skilled and comfortable with ball

When i said i preferred to leave Nacho at club and get De Ketelaare instead of Daka i was laughed at

This guy is very limited and is just not good enough at what he should be good - finishing, running behind defenders and creating space

not good at finishing lol hes a great finisher he just never gets the time or chances

• Like 1

People have got to be patient with Patson, was always going to take time to adjust coming in from Austria and I think he’s probably about where he should be right now. He’s a striker who thrives on service and if he doesn’t get much he doesn’t quite have the all round game to contribute as much yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't buy the narrative that he "has to" play in a 2, I never have. It's rubbish. That said, I'd like to see it for as long as Barnes is injured.

I just wish Rodgers had the bollocks to do it properly, coached by someone else this would be a terrific team:

Keeper

Wes, Evans, Cags

Madders

Iheanacho, Daka/Vardy

With Ndidi dropping in to make a 'back four' allowing the wing backs to do what they're actually supposed to be doing and getting right up the pitch and Maddison given both wing backs and both strikers to aim at? Pressing high, playing with energy, getting bodies forward? Glorious. I'd argue it's our strongest 11 on paper given the current injuries. 

That is a very good team but I sometimes think 3 at the back asks a lot of the wingbacks. Guess we dont have much choice with our limited wing options though.

Just now, Nalis said:

That is a very good team but I sometimes think 3 at the back asks a lot of the wingbacks. Guess we dont have much choice with our limited wing options though.

Castagne made his career out of playing as a "proper" wingback and excelled, we signed him on the strength of that. Plus a fully fit James Justin might actually be the best athlete in the squad now, he's incredible.

Rodgers just doesn't do it, though. I don't think we've seen Rodgers play with "proper" wing backs at all in a 352. His back "three" is nearly always a back five. Ironically, the most aggressive he's allowed a full back to be is Ricardo playing in a back four. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I really want to see Rodgers lining us up with three centre backs. He'll pick Amartey over Soyuncu, which is moronic, and he'll restrict the wing backs to being full backs, leaving no real attacking width and it'll be the same turgid mess it always is. 

But he's got to find a way of getting a front "three" on the pitch that involves two of strikers and Maddison.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Castagne made his career out of playing as a "proper" wingback and excelled, we signed him on the strength of that. Plus a fully fit James Justin might actually be the best athlete in the squad now, he's incredible.

Rodgers just doesn't do it, though. I don't think we've seen Rodgers play with "proper" wing backs at all in a 352. His back "three" is nearly always a back five. Ironically, the most aggressive he's allowed a full back to be is Ricardo playing in a back four. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I really want to see Rodgers lining us up with three centre backs. He'll pick Amartey over Soyuncu, which is moronic, and he'll restrict the wing backs to being full backs, leaving no real attacking width and it'll be the same turgid mess it always is. 

But he's got to find a way of getting a front "three" on the pitch that involves two of strikers and Maddison.

Good points, you'd think Southampton at home is the game to do this.

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Good points, you'd think Southampton at home is the game to do this.

Probably won't though, let's be honest.

Genuinely not sure what he'll do. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a 433 with maybe Albrighton or Perez? Or Maddison and Albrighton/Perez? Something like that. I'll be surprised if he doesn't change it but what he changes it to is a mystery.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Probably won't though, let's be honest.

Genuinely not sure what he'll do. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a 433 with maybe Albrighton or Perez? Or Maddison and Albrighton/Perez? Something like that. I'll be surprised if he doesn't change it but what he changes it to is a mystery.

Without Barnes, I don't see him playing 4-3-3.

Suspect it'll sadly be another back 3, and 1 striker :( 

47 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Keeper

Wes, Evans, Cags

Madders

Iheanacho, Daka/Vardy

(Edit: You can have KDH in for Tielemans, if you're so inclined. That's an argument for another thread. But Maddison, KDH, Ndidi and Tielemans shouldn't all be on the pitch together unless Madders is on the "wing.")

I agree and it's so obvious it plays to our strengths too.  Wilf doesn't need to do anything but screen.  Soy in a back 3 where he plays better. Young attacking fullbacks being able to get forward and provide width. Tielemans a pure number 8. Maddison 'free role'  well not quite but able to drift where he needs to create.  Kel linking play up front something our other strikers lack and Vardy or Daka a pure predator not having to do anything except sit on the shoulder and be clinical. 

Then you have game changers in Barnes and KDH on the bench. 

Square pegs in square holes,  makes far too much sense for Brendan to ever go with it because he's far too inflexible and fixated on 4-3-3

3 hours ago, LVocey said:

People have got to be patient with Patson, was always going to take time to adjust coming in from Austria and I think he’s probably about where he should be right now. He’s a striker who thrives on service and if he doesn’t get much he doesn’t quite have the all round game to contribute as much yet.

....with these cameo roles, it is as if he is auditioning for every game!!!

He doesn't take any major confidence into his next game, he always has to start from scratch, every game.

• Like 1

Go to admit, I want to be patient with him and see him come good, but I become less and less convinced he'll come good every time he plays. It wasn't just the lack of service today, I think hhis movement isn't great for a striker who wants to play with pace.

• Like 3

Don’t see anything in Daka. Can’t control the ball, gets knocked off the ball way too easily, can’t dribble, movement off the ball is non existent. Only strength is running on to an over the top ball against a high line. It’s a niche strength that is hardly of any use in this league. Would prefer Iheanacho and if not him then Hirst, 

Honestly would rather give Hirst a chance at this point, he offers none of the streetwise positioning or runs that an in-form Vardy does, can't handle a low block and he's got the body balance of one of those wobbly cats I saw on the news the other week.

He knows how to finish, I'll give him that. He's probably still good value for 8-10 goals this season. But that doesn't make him special. He'll probably bag a brace against Stockport, but the Prem is a completely different ball game.

He's a pound shop Vards, and I'm making that comparison to current, off-form Vards. :dunno:

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

I honestly think he must reckon why the Hell has he joined Leicester. He was pinging them in at his last club, was loved by the fans and was being touted as potentially becoming a top European striker.

Then he’s come here and is playing completely a bit-part, with our fans expecting him to come on after 60/70 mins and to turn games.

It’s not going to happen in THIS team! We capitulate in the tail end of games. Compare this today to their striker who came into the game when Southampton were pushing for the goal and the outcome becomes very different.

I feel sorry for Daka. I think he’s much better than the player we are watching and is hugely suffering from playing under Dodgers.

I don’t agree that he’s no good. I think he could be a very prolific striker in the right team.

Edited by Col city fan

Daka needs to play on the shoulder of the last defender , not go out wide or come short . The man is rapid and if we played to his strengths he will score .

Not sure why he doesn't play that way , maybe Rogers is telling him to make the wide runs