Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Just now, ajthefox said:

Not sure why anyone would comment on his ability after today. Vards did sweet FA in an hour and Daka didn't do anything either.

Neither of them were the problem.

Not sure how a striker can score with no service. 

The manager is the problem 

• Like 3

He joined a club that is only good at creating chances for the opposition, unfortunately for him 

When a new manager is in and we have a system that isn’t total shite, we will see. Personally like him, but he’s not had a fair crack yet. 

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I honestly think he must reckon why the Hell has he joined Leicester. He was pinging them in at his last club, was loved by the fans and was being touted as potentially becoming a top European striker.

Then he’s come here and is playing completely a bit-part, with our fans expecting him to come on after 60/70 mins and to turn games.

It’s not going to happen in THIS team! We capitulate in the tail end of games. Compare this today to their striker who came into the game when Southampton were pushing for the goal and the outcome becomes very different.

I feel sorry for Daka. I think he’s much better than the player we are watching and is hugely suffering from playing under Dodgers.

I don’t agree that he’s no good. I think he could be a very prolific striker in the right team.

Your blind faith for Daka contrasts starkly with your assessments of Amartey and yet on the pitch evidence would suggest he’s no better in his striker role than Danny is playing as a makeshift centre back! Daka looks a very limited footballer. For me his one skill is running onto a ball over the top against a high line and that’s not getting enough goals in the modern premier league to justify a place in the team. 

8 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Not sure why anyone would comment on his ability after today. Vards did sweet FA in an hour and Daka didn't do anything either.

Neither of them were the problem.

Vardy closed down his opponent continually and got into a number of dangerous positions. His movement was far better than Daka’s. 

• Like 1

Can't believe people say he needs moving on, as if he's been given a good chance to show us what he can do and also that he's being played to his strengths. 

We create very little, that's quite clear to see even when Vardy struggles. Don't see how Daka is being written off and listed to be sold by some fans because of something out of his control. 

• Like 3

Guest nathan.
Just now, StanSP said:

Can't believe people say he needs moving on, as if he's been given a good chance to show us what he can do and also that he's being played to his strengths. 

We create very little, that's quite clear to see even when Vardy struggles. Don't see how Daka is being written off and listed to be sold by some fans because of something out of his control. 

I have no doubt players like Daka, Soyuncu, Ndidi would all come good under different management.

The fact that our stand out player since last season in KDH is starting to suffer a loss of form/drive and confidence is telling of the general malaise setting in this team. To his credit though he was not giving up and tried till the end. He truelly cares for the club. Many players do but some definately don’t give a toss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, body102 said:

Daka needs to play on the shoulder of the last defender , not go out wide or come short . The man is rapid and if we played to his strengths he will score .

Not sure why he doesn't play that way , maybe Rogers is telling him to make the wide runs

Teams have worked us out massively though, he isn't going to get that chance off the shoulder at all unless we stop inviting a deep-set, counter attacking game from everyone we play.

It's a minor miracle Vardy has thrived in this team, but that speaks more to his football intelligence than any coaching he's had.  A lesser player of his style would have been yesterday's news under Puel.

We're more than a year in now, and I've seen nothing to suggest Daka has the football intelligence required for the top flight.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2