Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You better believe it.

I make no bones it about it whatsoever.

I think there’s a very prolific striker in there.

He’s playing in a shit team at the moment.

I’d not be at all surprised if Daka leaves and does very well elsewhere

I would, can’t see what you see in him.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
20 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I would, can’t see what you see in him.

To be fair I’m used to it on here. 
Look at the amount of stick I’ve had for daring to suggest Amartey shouldn’t be anywhere near a Premiership side! I think that started about 18 months ago. If not before that?

I see a goal scorer in Daka. But not at Leicester for two reasons. He lives in Vardy’s shadow and has never gotten a proper run in the side. And because he gets such little supply.

This club is declining. I think he’d be better off moving on, especially as Vards has signed the contract extension.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Hales said:

There is a really good player in there but he has walked into a team in a mess, devoid of confidence and momentum and teammates wanting away and a manager too seemingly.  He deserves time to adjust and be in a happy team. 

Exactly how I see it

And there’s so many similar to that at the moment. Probably the best example is Ndidi. His confidence is shot to pieces.

The club needs to take a different direction. 

Edited by Col city fan

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

And as I said above, the context is essential. Adams came into a team that was on the front foot and looked very much like scoring and then winning the game. 
Daka comes on into a Rodgers team that is trying to defend a lead.

Very very different contexts.

The other factor is Adams is a better all round footballer than Daka, irrespective of goals scored.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Daka did run after things and close stuff down.... mate that no.37 was comfortable all game. From the first to the last their back pair were sitting pretty. 

Vardy couldn't have won a penalty there because it wasn't a penalty. That's why VAR didn't give it. 

Vardy was poor but Daka was far far worse. The milking of the injury when we desperately needed him to drag himself up and get on with the game when we were entering stoppage time topped off a catastrophic substitutes performance by him.

Edited by funkyrobot

Not really going to bother judging our strikers anymore, or any of our players for that matter, whilst Rodgers is still in charge

There is clearly a fundamental problem with the way our team is being asked to play and provide for our strikers when:

Vardy has just 1 shot and 11 touches in 65 minutes

Daka has just 5 touches in 25 minutes

Iheanacho has just 11 touches in 15 minutes

3 strikers played today and the only shot between the 3 of them was a header from about 20 yards by Vardy.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Not really going to bother judging our strikers anymore, or any of our players for that matter, whilst Rodgers is still in charge

There is clearly a fundamental problem with the way our team is being asked to play and provide for our strikers when:

Vardy has just 1 shot and 11 touches in 65 minutes

Daka has just 5 touches in 25 minutes

Iheanacho has just 11 touches in 15 minutes

3 strikers played today and the only shot between the 3 of them was a header from about 20 yards by Vardy.

This pretty much tells the story. 
You’re right. There’s no point judging the strikers in this set up.

👍

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not seen it yet …….. only been a year ….

...only if he changes how he plays!!!

At the moment he is part of the build-up, he should be the one getting on the end of things. He needs to demand the ball more, we need to look to slip him in and that means knowing when to make the pass and read Daka's "trigger movement".

In pre-season, playing in a higher tempo he looked much better, with good one-touch lay-offs and back hells to onrushing players from midfield. He has the skillset, he is playing in a setup that does not cater to him.

I also agree, he needs to cut out this injury, nonsense, a flailing arm in the face, you keep on running to recover the ball.

I don't think it's fair to judge any of our players currently. If we get a manager who is interested and encouraging (and I am not saying that can't be Rodgers - but currently he seems to be on a destroy and exit strategy) then we may see just how good our squad is.  Under Vardy's mentorship he could be superb.

Edited by trabuch

1 hour ago, Thebluefox85 said:

PATSON not good enough for the prem move him along sooner rather than later 

i have to agree, hes had long enough to adjust and i just dont see the player we bought. PL too much for some sadly

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ISJB said:

To say he's a waste of time is unfair. He's never been given a good run of games, how is he ever going to get some momentum or feel any true confidence if he isn't picked to play consistently.

Very much like Nacho. Rodgers is a master of the art of undermining a player's confidence.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, ISJB said:

To say he's a waste of time is unfair. He's never been given a good run of games, how is he ever going to get some momentum or feel any true confidence if he isn't picked to play consistently.

Huh? That’s not true at all. He did have a good run of games last season when Vardy was out injured for 3 months between around December-March last season he started 10 or 11 games in a run.

Then even had another mini run of starts in April/May time.

As a side we looked way worse with him in compared to Vardy when he was given those runs though. And both our goals/points per game stats last season playing Daka compared to Vardy had a stark difference.

I’ve not written him off fully yet, but he absolutely did get a run of games last season and didn’t really take the opportunity. It was also really noticeable how much we improved once Vardy came back.

Edited by Sampson

Would absolutely love Hassenhuttl to come and manage us with his classic 4-2-2-2, I think it would get the most out of all three of our strikers. Rodgers seems not to know how to do anything with three of the best in the PL outside the Top 6.

Iheanacho Daka/Vardy

Barnes Dewsbury-Hall _______ Maddison

Justin Soyuncu Evans Castagne

• Like 2