Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

To add to my previous post. Our recruitment doesn't really seem to be recruiting with a style of play or formation in mind anymore (since Congerton has arrived imo).

We bought Daka who played in a front two for his entire career despite the fact that we play with a lone striker.

We bought Soumare a Box to Box midfielder even though we play with a deep lying playmaker and ball winning midfielder.

We bought Perez who was mostly a second striker at Newcastle even though we don't play with a second striker.

We bought Cengiz Under even though we play a high pressing system and Under doesn't do high pressing.

We buy a player like Vestergaard when we play a high line. Players like Vestergaard that have the agility of an oil tanker and the speed of a snail do not suit a high line because they are going to be exploited by pacy wingers.

Our recruitment has recently been recruiting players that aren't necessarily bad players but just players that do not suit our system whatsoever. We didn't really have this problem before Congerton arrived so I expect he is the issue here. 

Even the bad players we did sign back then did suit the system. Adrien Silva was clearly a Drinkwater replacement both were box to box midfielders. Slimani was clearly a Ulloa replacement. Ghezzal and Diabate were both clearly Mahrez replacements. Benkovic clearly a Maguire replacement both 6 foot 4 ball playing center backs.

These days it seems like we buy players for the sake of it rather than actually buying players that fit the style of football we play.

Where did Congerton come from?

4 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

To add to my previous post. Our recruitment doesn't really seem to be recruiting with a style of play or formation in mind anymore (since Congerton has arrived imo).

We bought Daka who played in a front two for his entire career despite the fact that we play with a lone striker.

We bought Soumare a Box to Box midfielder even though we play with a deep lying playmaker and ball winning midfielder.

We bought Perez who was mostly a second striker at Newcastle even though we don't play with a second striker.

We bought Cengiz Under even though we play a high pressing system and Under doesn't do high pressing.

We buy a player like Vestergaard when we play a high line. Players like Vestergaard that have the agility of an oil tanker and the speed of a snail do not suit a high line because they are going to be exploited by pacy wingers.

Our recruitment has recently been recruiting players that aren't necessarily bad players but just players that do not suit our system whatsoever. We didn't really have this problem before Congerton arrived so I expect he is the issue here. 

Even the bad players we did sign back then did suit the system. Adrien Silva was clearly a Drinkwater replacement both were box to box midfielders. Slimani was clearly a Ulloa replacement. Ghezzal and Diabate were both clearly Mahrez replacements. Benkovic clearly a Maguire replacement both 6 foot 4 ball playing center backs.

These days it seems like we buy players for the sake of it rather than actually buying players that fit the style of football we play.

Totally agree with everything you said.  You could of saved time and said recruitment is shit

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Our recruitment has been the best in the league. But recently it has been a bit suspect. What changed?

In all seriousness its Rodgers forcing us to hire Congerton. I feel like Congerton recruits decent players but he doesn't seem to account for whether the player fits the system or not. Ultimately the club screwed up by allowing a manager to interfere with the scouting staff. We have rectified the issue now by bringing in Glover but the damage has been done and we have missed out on our chance to push on from our success.

• Like 3

Never given a good run, often comes on when we are chasing, he's clearly shown ability albeit in a lower league, but Vardy had a tough first season adapting to the premier league and his goal return was low, that was in a squad that worked tirelessly to create opportunities, Vardy was completely nullified today, not sure how people expect Daka to play better when the squad is playing such dog water football. 

He needs time when the team is actually playing well. We have been dire this season, give him chance under a new manager. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

In all seriousness its Rodgers forcing us to hire Congerton. I feel like Congerton recruits decent players but he doesn't seem to account for whether the player fits the system or not. Ultimately the club screwed up by allowing a manager to interfere with the scouting staff. We have rectified the issue now by bringing in Glover but the damage has been done and we have missed out on our chance to push on from our success.

Yep. It's a big part of a manager's job. Regardless of what the increasingly dwindling Rodgers in crew are saying - he iS to blame for our recent shit recruitment policy.

Edited by trabuch

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

Yep. It's a big part of a manager's job. Regardless of what the increasingly dwindling Rodgers in crew are saying - he iIS to blame for our recent shit recruitment policy.

I personally blame Rudkin.

Rudkin's job as director of football is to ensure that our club has a long term vision and that we don't just adhere to the whims of whatever short term desires the manager has.

The way he is meant to do this is by:

Building a scouting team built around recruiting for young talent that suits our style of play since Puel our style of play has been a possession based system.

Building club infrastructure such as the new training ground that helps attract and develop new talent.

Selling players for the highest possible value and negotiating contracts and new signings with the club's long term vision in mind.

Hiring managers that adhere to the long term vision working with young players for the future and agreeing to not to interefere with matters outside of coaching issues.

What Rudkin has done well is he is very good at getting the best price for our players allowing us to reinvest into the training ground and new players.

Where Rudkin failed is allowing Rodgers to interfere in places where he shouldn't be. Rodgers shouldn't as the head coach have anything to do with who we hire as a head of scouting. Rudkin allowing Rodgers to get Congerton in has ruined our chances of pushing on since Congerton hasn't recruited players with our system in mind. I covered this in my previous post on this thread.

Rodgers shouldn't have any business with who we sign in the transfer window. His job is to work with what he has got. He shouldn't be moaning to the media about a lack of signings or commenting on how high he thinks "little Leicester" should aim.

His job is to coach the players and that's it.

Rodgers had the same issue with the club hierarchy at Celtic and him moaning about the club not matching his ambitions. He had a repuation for sticking his nose in places where it didn't belong and despite this history Rudkin hired him. 

Another issue Rudkin has is negotiating player contracts. On what planet is Bertrand and Vestegaard worth 80K a week how does he fit into the vision of signing and developing young talent to sell at a profit? Why the hell did we give Choudhury 65k a week? He has never shown that level of potential. Why did we resign Mendy? He is in the bottom 15th perecentile for almost every statistic on Fbref.

Why did he sanction buying players who have peaked in regards to resale value when our club has become succsessful by buying players who we can sell for more money later?  

He has also allowed the contract situation to get to the point where 7 players are due to be out of contract by the end of the season and another 9 players by the end of next season.

While the new FFP ruling means that we have no space on the wage bill to sign anyone else without letting these overpaid players go first so we can't actually blood any young talent in to replace the outgoings. 

Why has he allowed the contract situation to get this dire?

As it stands by the end of next season we will be losing nearly two thirds of our entire squad with us currently having almost no one lined up to replace the mass exodus.

How does allowing players to run out their contracts fit our club vision of selling young players at the highest possible amount of money? 

I personally blame Rudkin for frankly being pushover just as much if not more than I blame Rodgers and Congerton.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

I personally blame Rudkin here just as much. Rudkin's job as director of football is to ensure that our club has a long term vision and that we don't just adhere to the whims of whatever short term desires the manager has. The way he is meant to do this is by:

Building a scouting team built around recruiting for young talent that suits our style of play since Puel our style of play has been a possession based system.

Building club infrastructure such as the new training ground that helps attract and develop new talent.

Selling players for the highest value and negotiating contracts and new signings with the club's long term vision in mind.

Hiring managers that adhere to the long term vision working with young players for the future and agreeing to not to interefere with matters outside of coaching issues.

What Rudkin has done well is he is a very good at getting the best price for our players allowing us to reinvest into the training ground and new players.

Where Rudkin failed is allowing Rodgers to interfere in places where he shouldn't be. Rodgers shouldn't as the head coach have anything to do with who we hire as a head of scouting. Rudkin allowing Rodgers to get Congerton in has ruined our chances of pushing on since Congerton hasn't recruited players with our system in mind. I covered this in my previous post on this thread.

Rodgers shouldn't have any business with who we sign in the transfer window. His job is to work with what he has got. He shouldn't be moaning to the media about a lack of signings or commenting on how high he thinks "little Leicester" should aim.

His job is to coach the players and that's it.

Rodgers had the same issue with the club hierarcy at Celtic and him moaning about the club not matching his ambitions. He had a repuation for sticking his nose in places where it didn't belong and despite this history Rudkin hired him. 

Another issue Rudkin has is negotiating player contracts. On what planet is Bertrand worth 80K a week how does he fit into the vision of signing and developing young talent to sell at a profit? Why the hell did we give Choudhury 65k a week? He has never shown that level of potential. Why did we resign Mendy? He is in the bottom 15th perecentile for almost every statistic on Fbref.

Why did he sanction buying players who have peaked in regards to resale value when our club has become succsessful by buying players who we can sell for more money later? 

He has also allowed the contract situation to get to the point where 7 players are due to be out of contract by the end of the season and another 9 players by the end of next season.

While the new FFP ruling means that we have no space on the wage bill to sign anyone else without letting these players overpaid players go first so we can't actually blood any young talent in to replace the outgoings. 

Why has he allowed the contract situation to get this dire?

As it stands by the end of next season we will be losing nearly two thirds of our entire squad with us currently having almost no one lined up to replace the mass exodus.

How does allowing players to run out their contracts fit our club vision of selling young players at the highest possible amount of money? 

I personally blame Rudkin for frankly being pushover just as much if not more than I blame Rodgers and Congerton.

It's true but you may as well blame Top. I'm not about to start doing that.

Just now, trabuch said:

It's true but you may as well blame Top. I'm not about to start doing that.

No because Top's hired Rudkin to serve the clubs long term intrests.

Rudkin stopped doing this by trying to sign players with no resale value and allowing Rodgers to stick his nose where it doesn't belong.

Rudkin has probably realised where he screwed up now because he signed Glover and got rid of Congerton but the issue is I think its too late now.

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

We bought Cengiz Under even though we press high up the pitch and Under doesn't press.

Or is this Rodgers? How much say did he have in the signings? And what about the tactics? Maybe we should play with 2 strikers so we can get the best out of Nachos and Daka and even Vardy? Maybe we should not play Ndidi when Rodgers want us to play out from the back? Maybe again ironically we do not play Ndidi when Rodgers wants to defend a lead by sitting back and inviting pressure because Ndidi being pressed is a recipe for him turning the ball over or him being unavailable for a pass so that his teammates had to hoof it up the pitch? Maybe when we want to chase the game, we don’t send defenders on and take our attacking players off?

Just now, Tom12345 said:

Or is this Rodgers? How much say did he have in the signings? And what about the tactics? Maybe we should play with 2 strikers so we can get the best out of Nachos and Daka and even Vardy? Maybe we should not play Ndidi when Rodgers want us to play out from the back? Maybe again ironically we do not play Ndidi when Rodgers wants to defend a lead by sitting back and inviting pressure because Ndidi being pressed is a recipe for him turning the ball over or him being unavailable for a pass so that his teammates had to hoof it up the pitch? Maybe when we want to chase the game, we don’t send defenders on and take our attacking players off?

Whatever you think of Brendan's tactics managers come and go.

The issue is the club need to have a consistent long term vison for the club with a prefered style of football we strive for regardless of the manager so that one bad manager doesn't force us to need to rebuild the squad and backroom staff every few years. 

Allowing Congerton to attempt to fit square pegs into round holes and allowing Rodgers to get involved in issues above his paygrade has set the club back half a decade at the very least. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Would absolutely love Hassenhuttl to come and manage us with his classic 4-2-2-2, I think it would get the most out of all three of our strikers. Rodgers seems not to know how to do anything with three of the best in the PL outside the Top 6.

Iheanacho Daka/Vardy

Barnes Dewsbury-Hall _______ Maddison

Justin Soyuncu Evans Castagne

...I  do not understand the fascination of Hassenhuttle coming here!!!

We seem to have a fetish for Southampton and I would rather we no longer look in that direction for anything to do with our club. For a club to be part of a record defeat twice in one season under the same manager, is astounding yet people want to bring that same manager here.

Calls for Dyche, Benitez or Lampard or Gerrard are so well away from what we need.

Please,  no more clamouring for anything from Southampton,  I  am aware Glover will be coming in soon and I just do not understand why we continue to have any association with that club.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, trabuch said:

****s sake. Let's see him under a better manager. Then we can judge.  I mean - Vardy looks utter shit at the moment. 

Difference is Vardy is 35 years old. There aren't many 35 year old strikers in the league, especially still playing as the main striker. There isn't a comparison between Daka and Vardy.

44 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Needs to hit the weights.

I said this last season in this thread. I don't think I've ever seen Daka beat or hold any PL defender off.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Needs to hit the weights.

Whenever a tall, strong striker is associated with us , dozens pop up up saying he won't suit " Brendan's" way of playing . Tell that to Kane, Haarland , Lewandowski, Benzama , Ibrahimovic or Mitrovic. There is no real substitute for power up front and we lack it.

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Whenever a tall, strong striker is associated with us , dozens pop up up saying he won't suit " Brendan's" way of playing . Tell that to Kane, Haarland , Lewandowski, Benzama , Ibrahimovic or Mitrovic. There is no real substitute for power up front and we lack it.

Again, it’s indicative of the style that Rodgers wants us to play. In exactly the same way as you don’t sign Vestergaard and then play him in a system where he can be isolated one on one with a quick striker, you don’t sign Daka (an off the shoulder of the last defender forward) and isolate him up top with very little supply to run onto.

It’s barmy football management and I’m still struggling to understand how a manager who got things so right for long periods of time, can also get things so wrong, so often. 
Look at the money that’s been spent. C.30 million for Perez, 25 mill for Patson, 15 mill for Vestergaard.., Soumare.. the list goes on.

These are significant sums of money and are HIS signings! Half of them don’t play and when they do play, they look a shadow of the players they can be.

I’ve always said that our football under Rodgers is the most confusing, inconsistent, ambiguous that we’ve seen at the club for a long time.

Maybe he over complicates it??

But I’m convinced that in Daka, definitely Ndidi etc, there are much better players than the ones we are witnessing under Rodgers.

People will be quick to cheaply say they are ‘shite’, ‘a waste of money’ etc. But I’d like to see them playing for a different manager. Then we could really know.

The club needs freshening up, it needs new ideas, it needs a redirection. And it needs it quickly.

I’m torn on Daka.

He clearly can finish but as many others have said imagine Toney being Vardy’s replacement as an example….he might not get 20+ goals a season but the type of striker who could do a good job up top on his own.

Daka/Iheanacho and I believe a 35 year old Vardy cannot play up top on their own.

The dilemma is Madders who’s clearly our most important player right now, where would he fit in if went two up top?