Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

9 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He did as much as vardy did in 75 minutes. He contributed exactly the same. The build up is the problem. Not the players. You're looking it with bias and not objectively. I also assume you weren't at the game? 

Season ticket holder mate. I’m assuming from your observations that you weren’t at the game though. When has Daka actually played well for us other than in Europe away? 

Just now, funkyrobot said:

Season ticket holder mate. I’m assuming from your observations that you weren’t at the game though. When has Daka actually played well for us other than in Europe away? 

Season ticket holder too. I'm shocked you actually are if you don't think he chased anything down. To be at the ground and not see it is pretty astonishing or just an outright lie. 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Season ticket holder too. I'm shocked you actually are if you don't think he chased anything down. To be at the ground and not see it is pretty astonishing or just an outright lie. 

He doesn’t press effectively. He runs after the ball/player like a cat after a mouse. He took too players out through mindless tackles from behind. I’m quite happy to say that he is far behind Vardy and that I’ve not seen him play well yet in the Premier league in a city shirt. Tbh to be at the game yesterday and still stick up for Daka as an impact sub irrespective of Rodger’s formation is utterly astonishing. How well did he do in the player ratings btw? There must’ve been a lot of liars like me at the game. 

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

He doesn’t press effectively. He runs after the ball/player like a cat after a mouse. He took too players out through mindless tackles from behind. I’m quite happy to say that he is far behind Vardy and that I’ve not seen him play well yet in the Premier league in a city shirt. Tbh to be at the game yesterday and still stick up for Daka as an impact sub irrespective of Rodger’s formation is utterly astonishing. How well did he do in the player ratings btw? There must’ve been a lot of liars like me at the game. 

Did I say at any point he did well as an impact sub? No. Did I say he played well in general and should get a good player rating? No. I said to say he did no running is just a lie. 

I dont blame him for kicking out at people either. It must be extremely frustrating having absolutley 0 service and having people having a go at you for it. Especially when the maim bloke is also having 0 service, did nothing either but somehow did amazing I the eyes of the same people. 

The problem isn't daka. It's Rodgers. 

10 hours ago, Fightforever said:

No because Top's hired Rudkin to serve the clubs long term intrests.

Rudkin stopped doing this by trying to sign players with no resale value and allowing Rodgers to stick his nose where it doesn't belong.

Rudkin has probably realised where he screwed up now because he signed Glover and got rid of Congerton but the issue is I think its too late now.

I can't believe i'm doing this but here I am making a small case in Rudkins defence. Before the Rodgers era, we were making great signings that fit the philosophy of the club but also filled short term deficiencies or atleast tried to, Ulloa, Fuchs, Huth, Kante, Mahrez, Cambiasso etc 
Under Ranieri you could see the logic in some of the signings, we bought Ndidi to replace Kante after Mendy did not really work out, both logical. Ahmed Musa a goalscorer in Russia but could play on the wing and was lightning quick, we were excited by that. 
Gray, even Inler was seen as a good signing for 6m or whatever it was. 
Under Puel we oversaw one of our best transfer periods ever in my opinion, Maddison, Pereira, Soyuncu (:() Evans, Tielemans, Kaputska, Benkovic etc, all of these players at the time had a real reason and logical point to being here. 
Some were hit and miss, some were big misses but overall you could understand why for most of them. 

Since Rodgers arrival, we've had more miss than hit, but the frustrating part is that more often than before we've signed players who don't fill a void or don't suit the playing style, or are simply a giant waste of money. We've made a couple of good signings in Fofana and Justin, I like Castagne, but then look at the Bennett deal, Perez, Under, Praet (who I would like to see get minutes tbf) Soumare, Vestergaard.

Rudkin has made mistakes, what club hasn't, but prior to BR arriving he's overseen the most lucrative transfer period arguably in our history from where we were when he joined the club to where we are today albeit with the squad underperforming. It very much seems like Rodgers arrival and bringing in Congerton somewhat derailed the transfer blueprint, it's quite possible that Rodgers demanded a stronger say in the transfer market to get him to sign for us, he's always demanded that at other clubs so why would he change to sign for us?

Edited by cityfanlee23

You can't judge any striker in this current setup. Even Vardy has been criticised on some threads and been accused of being past it. If we create zero chances, the strikers will never be able to do their job whoever they are. I'm pretty sure all our strikers would be more prolific in a creative and less sterile team.

48 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Did I say at any point he did well as an impact sub? No. Did I say he played well in general and should get a good player rating? No. I said to say he did no running is just a lie. 

I dont blame him for kicking out at people either. It must be extremely frustrating having absolutley 0 service and having people having a go at you for it. Especially when the maim bloke is also having 0 service, did nothing either but somehow did amazing I the eyes of the same people. 

The problem isn't daka. It's Rodgers. 

The only problem is that the lie you accuse me of, that I said or even implied that he ‘did no running’ is in itself a complete and utter lie. I can only assume you’ve mixed me up with someone else but you need to give that particular point a rest because I’ve not said that. His running off the ball lacks intelligence, I’ll definitely state that. The problem is Rodger’s and some of the players he’s bought who are no better than what we have even in the U21’s. 

If you're blaming Daka for our problems or bemoaning his lack of form, then I think you're pretty deluded.

It's quite clearly the way we play that isn't favourable. To the whole squad, let alone just one striker who's barely been given a go.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

I’m torn on Daka.

He clearly can finish but as many others have said imagine Toney being Vardy’s replacement as an example….he might not get 20+ goals a season but the type of striker who could do a good job up top on his own.

Daka/Iheanacho and I believe a 35 year old Vardy cannot play up top on their own.

The dilemma is Madders who’s clearly our most important player right now, where would he fit in if went two up top?

...he would play in a diamond!!!

He could also play as a #8 alongside KDH, as we are constantly pushing  Ndidi to play a more progressive game, and he has his moments where he turns over the ball.

59 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

The only problem is that the lie you accuse me of, that I said or even implied that he ‘did no running’ is in itself a complete and utter lie. I can only assume you’ve mixed me up with someone else but you need to give that particular point a rest because I’ve not said that. His running off the ball lacks intelligence, I’ll definitely state that. The problem is Rodger’s and some of the players he’s bought who are no better than what we have even in the U21’s. 

Nah, you listed a bunch of stuff vardy did that you claimed daka didn't do and running was in the list. But yes. Rodgers is the problem. 

I dont know what you expect a striker who gets 10-15 minutes every so often to do. It was the same with iheanacho. Anyone with eyes could see the lad had an eye for goal but zero confidence and there was a right witch hunt on here for him. As there was for vardy at one point. Daka will come good. 

11 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

All I’m gonna say is he is not vardy’s replacement. We will never find anyone who can fill his shoes. Just like we have never found anyone to replace mahrez.

we may have to change the way we play completely.  

Its not about replacing him. It's ahout finding the next identity as a team in general. The whole of the premier league team will be gone in 2 years and we've had a massive wake up call first few games that we could be resetting all this in a lower division if we don't get our act together quick. 

2 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

This lad is set become another huge flop. Championship at best but he’d properly bullied there. 

Jesus Christ.  Seems every single player is now being dug out.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Nah, you listed a bunch of stuff vardy did that you claimed daka didn't do and running was in the list. But yes. Rodgers is the problem. 

I dont know what you expect a striker who gets 10-15 minutes every so often to do. It was the same with iheanacho. Anyone with eyes could see the lad had an eye for goal but zero confidence and there was a right witch hunt on here for him. As there was for vardy at one point. Daka will come good. 

That’s just wrong mate I didn’t state that. Don’t know what you’ve interpreted to get that but it’s not what I stated or meant to infer. Daka runs around like a blue arsed fly, it’s just with no purpose or intelligence. He definitely does have an eye for a goal but the modern striker needs so much more than that at this level. I do genuinely hope Daka comes good but he’s not shown to me that he has the basic attributes to go along with his eye for goal.

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

That’s just wrong mate I didn’t state that. Don’t know what you’ve interpreted to get that but it’s not what I stated or meant to infer. Daka runs around like a blue arsed fly, it’s just with no purpose or intelligence. He definitely does have an eye for a goal but the modern striker needs so much more than that at this level. I do genuinely hope Daka comes good but he’s not shown to me that he has the basic attributes to go along with his eye for goal.

Well if I've interpreted something wrong then fair enough my bad. He will do when we play to service the strikers. He's trying too hard at the moment (much like kel when folk were booing him and vards when he first started) a new manager a new approach and more game time and he'll come good. Strikers need more than a sporadic 5 mins here or there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

This lad is set become another huge flop. Championship at best but he’d properly bullied there. 

That whole crop of signings from that summer have been flops, makes you wonder if rogers was even involved in the signings with how quick he was to cast them all aside.

Edited by josh_baskin

Guest Col city fan
45 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just put him in the Leeds team playing under Marsch playing in a high press like he did at Red Bull Salzburg and we'll see the goals going in

He’d be up there with Haaland 

👍

😉

If we want Daka to be Vardy's replacement he needs a run of games.

I'm not blaming Vardy, who will always be a legend not just for Leicester but of English football. But he's 35 years old, nearly 36, most 35 year olds don't get asked to run in behind for 90 minutes.

There's still a big role for Vardy to play but the replacement for Vardy needs to start emerging now. If it's Daka it's Daka, if it's not then we need to be thinking about who is.

I'm going to get pelters again for this but sentiment and fond reminiscence of times which are now behind us will get us relegated, if not this season then soon.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1

As much as everyone talks about our problems at the back, they are just as stark up front. Vardy looks way off it and is likely done. Sorry, but look at his contributions presently. We just can’t keep waiting for him to click because he’s a legend. But Daka looks even less effective every time he gets on. Giving him a ‘run’ fills me with dread. Nacho for me, right now, is the most likely option and we know how erratic his  performances are. 😞

• Like 1