Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

11 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Just needs games Ric. He's one of those striker's you just need to play until he plays himself into form. Typical striker I guess, but when he finds his rhythm he's unstoppable. Unfortunately because he's a fox in the box and not one who'll post big numbers in terms of running stats he'll never be deemed good enough by BR. Shame really as he's an unbelievable finisher given a run of games. 

lots of people are saying he just needs games but my worry is as of yet in the premier league he’s not really even demonstrated he can control the ball, pass it well, hold the ball up, compete physically with his marker, move off the ball effectively or even run with the ball. He’s shown he can get on the end of things but the other fundamental aspects of being a top level striker/player are lacking atm.

30 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I guess the question is more whether Daka has the movement to get into those same one-on-one situations in the first place, he really struggled to when Vardy was out injured last season. Not saying he's crap, but I also think Vardy creates those kinds of chances for himself so often and makes it look so easy that we take it for granted that it should be easy for other strikers to do the same.

Exactly this. He doesn't. I keep pointing it out to Blessing Zambeze and Cuckold Fontelroy whenever they pop up on the FB groups but his movement is shocking. Literally just trotting across the backline barely even troubling centre backs. I really did hope he'd be a natural replacement for Vardy but right now he's a natural replacement for Musa. It's almost like he arrived here yesterday. If you're a Tielemans or a Maddison looking to pick him out, he must be so frustrating.

Pretty soon after he arrived i said that he won't cut it and he'll end up staying for a couple of years then being sold without leaving any impact, Like Kramaric etc. It was obviously disagreed with by a lot but i stick by what i said back then - He's W@nk.

6 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Pretty soon after he arrived i said that he won't cut it and he'll end up staying for a couple of years then being sold without leaving any impact, Like Kramaric etc. It was obviously disagreed with by a lot but i stick by what i said back then - He's W@nk.

He's not that good!

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Kramaric went on to forge a very successful career and has been highly regarded and sought after  for a couple of seasons now..

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

I guess the question is more whether Daka has the movement to get into those same one-on-one situations in the first place, he really struggled to when Vardy was out injured last season. Not saying he's crap, but I also think Vardy creates those kinds of chances for himself so often and makes it look so easy that we take it for granted that it should be easy for other strikers to do the same.

I mean the second didn't take a genius. Perez just lumped it long. 

3 hours ago, BeaumontFox said:

He’s definitely got worse since being here.

Zero confidence, we buy a player on top form and put him on the bench. The lad needs to play. It took Vardy nearly a season to get his eye on goal, but when he did. I feel it’s time for daka now, probably in a 2

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I am starting to think we have got a dud , don’t like his ball control and his movement is poor . 

there’s so many players that Rodgers seems to have coached the quality out of that it would be unfair to label him in that way…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

What exactly are his strengths ?????? cant blame Brendan for everything,

Vardy's not firing at the moment and you can hardly doubt his pedigree. The common factor in all this is Rodgers - playing one up front with little service or support, and minimal attacking attitude.

• Like 2

He looks no more out of depth than Vardy did when he first played in the Championship, and then again when he first played in the Premier League. His game is all about being explosive, very similar to how Vardy was playing at his best, but problem is under Rodgers, all our players seem to get slower and get much worse in this area. You only have to look at Ricardo, Castagne, Ndidi, Tielemans, Thomas etc. Just a few players off the top of my head who all look slower and sharper compared to either before Rodgers came in, or after they had been playing under him for a period of time.

Until we bring in a manager who has a reputation for improve players, unlike Rodgers who has the opposite, I don't see how Daka or anyone improves. I think it's extremely harsh to label him a 'dud', when nobody else under Rodgers has been improving. He's simply not in environment where he can thrive. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, deep blue said:

Vardy's not firing at the moment and you can hardly doubt his pedigree. The common factor in all this is Rodgers - playing one up front with little service or support, and minimal attacking attitude.

I’m far from Rodgers biggest fan but Vardy missing those chances on Saturday wasn’t Rodgers fault.

However, I do agree ALL three of our strikers right now need a partner - A 35 year old Vardy can’t lead the line on his own anymore.

Back to Daka, anyone else remember when he first came here and Rodgers said he asked for a book on Leicester rather than a PlayStation etc?

I bring this up, as hopefully he’s moved on to watching countless tapes of Vardy’s movement as others have said, he really struggles to time/bend his runs, move off one CB onto another etc.

Edited by SafewayFox

3 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

He looks no more out of depth than Vardy did when he first played in the Championship, and then again when he first played in the Premier League. His game is all about being explosive, very similar to how Vardy was playing at his best, but problem is under Rodgers, all our players seem to get slower and get much worse in this area. You only have to look at Ricardo, Castagne, Ndidi, Tielemans, Thomas etc. Just a few players off the top of my head who all look slower and sharper compared to either before Rodgers came in, or after they had been playing under him for a period of time.

Until we bring in a manager who has a reputation for improve players, unlike Rodgers who has the opposite, I don't see how Daka or anyone improves. I think it's extremely harsh to label him a 'dud', when nobody else under Rodgers has been improving. He's simply not in environment where he can thrive. 

Right well that’s a load of rubbish. Rodgers has a great reputation for improving players almost everywhere he’s been. 

Just look at our squad, almost all the players have played the best football of their career under Rodgers: Vardy, Soy, Fofana, Ricardo, Justin, Ndidi, Youri, Barnes, Madders, KDH. He improves players all the time. We are clearly in a rut atm but that doesn’t mean that all of a sudden Rodgers is a bad coach, he just looks like he’s run his course, as all managers do. Look how he got Sturbridge, Suarez and Coutinho playing at Liverpool as well. Players like Edouard, Mcgreggor, Ajer at Celtic all became great players under Rodgers too. 

Just because it’s gone stale now doesn’t mean he’s a rubbish coach, one of his best assets is getting the best out of young players.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MPH said:

Kramaric went on to forge a very successful career and has been highly regarded and sought after  for a couple of seasons now..

Yeah, and so did Harry Kane who was loaned to us in 2013.

Means **** all to us now though doesn't it.

Edited by adejo92

4 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Right well that’s a load of rubbish. Rodgers has a great reputation for improving players almost everywhere he’s been. 

Just look at our squad, almost all the players have played the best football of their career under Rodgers: Vardy, Soy, Fofana, Ricardo, Justin, Ndidi, Youri, Barnes, Madders, KDH. He improves players all the time. We are clearly in a rut atm but that doesn’t mean that all of a sudden Rodgers is a bad coach, he just looks like he’s run his course, as all managers do. Look how he got Sturbridge, Suarez and Coutinho playing at Liverpool as well. Players like Edouard, Mcgreggor, Ajer at Celtic all became great players under Rodgers too. 

Just because it’s gone stale now doesn’t mean he’s a rubbish coach, one of his best assets is getting the best out of young players.  

I'll have to agree to disagree.  Reputations can be built on sand (or on engineered hype).  Of that list I would agree that Madders has continued to improve, though in a rollercoaster way, and KDH, but the others have gone downhill after an initial lift.  And you shouldn't confuse improvement through coaching with that which occurs naturally to some degree in younger players as they acquire more playing experience at a higher level.

As for Rodgers's encouragement of young players, the evidence shows that to be a myth.  The acceleration in KDH's and Barnes's development came largely from coaches outside the club whilst on loan.  And when we are desperately in need of some boost from our U23 squad, especially in our current financial situation, he refuses to take the opportunity to give our most promising youngsters a taste of first team football, which must be disheartening for them.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Who's have thought a manager could make sunday league footballers like Suarez and Coutinho look decent in the Prem.

23 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I'll have to agree to disagree.  Reputations can be built on sand (or on engineered hype).  Of that list I would agree that Madders has continued to improve, though in a rollercoaster way, and KDH, but the others have gone downhill after an initial lift.  And you shouldn't confuse improvement through coaching with that which occurs naturally to some degree in younger players as they acquire more playing experience at a higher level.

As for Rodgers's encouragement of young players, the evidence shows that to be a myth.  The acceleration in KDH's and Barnes's development came largely from coaches outside the club whilst on loan.  And when we are desperately in need of some boost from our U23 squad, especially in our current financial situation, he refuses to take the opportunity to give our most promising youngsters a taste of first team football, which must be disheartening for them.

I hadn’t said they’ve kept improving all the time, I said their best football has come when Rodgers was in charge, which is true. He has brought out the best in those players, where other managers couldn’t. All of those players are now worth a lot more then when they first arrived, because he made them better.

Young players doesn’t mean they have to come from our academy. Justin, Fofana, KDH, Barnes, Madders, Thomas etc are all young players he’s worked with that he’s improved. 

I don’t see how you can’t agree with that tbh? 

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Who's have thought a manager could make sunday league footballers like Suarez and Coutinho look decent in the Prem.

I see you didn’t mention Sturridge? Is that because it doesn’t back up your point. Sturridge was average before Rodgers and rubbish afterwards, when he worked with him he made him a great player. 

I’d also argue that suarez’s best ever season was the one under Rodgers where he was phenomenal and the best player in the league. I think gerrard said he was the best coach he’d worked under too. 

Edited by Dusty

I'm convinced Daka will leave in the summer, go to Germany and score shed loads. 

Vardy's record is astonishing given we've been dog shit at supplying strikers for years. Don't create enough, don't get balls into the box and even if we do we don't get enough bodies in the box to cause havoc for people like Daka to pick up the pieces. Strikers spend so much time chasing opponents from side to side. Everything is so predictable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Yeah, and so did Harry Kane who was loaned to us in 2013.

Means **** all to us now though doesn't it.

Well what it means is that we can’t write a players career off just because we can’t get them firing on all cylinders