Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Well what it means is that we can’t write a players career off just because we can’t get them firing on all cylinders  

No, I totally agree, but some players don't suit certain clubs / leagues and when your in need of someone to fill someone else's boots, we can't be waiting years in the hope that a player, who's already 23, might come good.

I've seen nothing from Daka to suggest there's even a glimmer of hope with him being a decent PL striker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

No, I totally agree, but some players don't suit certain clubs / leagues and when your in need of someone to fill someone else's boots, we can't be waiting years in the hope that a player, who's already 23, might come good.

I've seen nothing from Daka to suggest there's even a glimmer of hope with him being a decent PL striker.

...sure he will thrive in a high-tempo game!!!

Watching him in pre-season, you can see he is eager to get at teams and has a pretty good one-touch layoff!!!

Tippy Tappy possession football does not suit him, I suspect instincts put him in the right places, and copying Vardy's style won't help him.

17 hours ago, MPH said:

Kramaric went on to forge a very successful career and has been highly regarded and sought after  for a couple of seasons now..

One or two positive examples. There are many unsuccessful players that didn't work out here I could use instead. Doesn't fit the narrative though does it.

No sign he's gonna be anything. Cut our losses and get rid. We are at a point now where we need a capable striker to come in and help a 35 year old Vardy out.

Edited by Fox92

32 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

One or two positive examples. There are many unsuccessful players that didn't work out here I could use instead. Doesn't fit the narrative though does it.

No sign he's gonna be anything. Cut our losses and get rid. We are at a point now where we need a capable striker to come in and help a 35 year old Vardy out.

we have a capable striker but the players are not going to get used to him  and his runs and he isn’t going to get match sharp if he never plays and as it happens I don’t think the system Rodgers plays really suits him. There are very few of our players it seems Rodgers style suits but I supposed that’s bedsides the point..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MPH said:

we have a capable striker but the players are not going to get used to him  and his runs and he isn’t going to get match sharp if he never plays and as it happens I don’t think the system Rodgers plays really suits him. There are very few of our players it seems Rodgers style suits but I supposed that’s bedsides the point..

...it is exactly the point!!!

He sees how the potential player plays and fits with his existing team, then he brings the player in and plays in another way. 

• Like 1

It’s a joke he gets 5mins and we want to judge him on that. 
On average a player has possession for 3%. 
on average the ball is only in play 60%.

so mathematically in 5 minutes (300 seconds) the ball is in play for 3 minutes (180 seconds) so he is looking at 6 seconds he could have been in possession of the ball. 
add into that he came onto the pitch into a team who had less than 10 touches in the opposing box.

Not saying he’s the answer. But he’s not had nowhere near enough of an opportunity. And don’t forget Vardy struggled and actually wanted to give up football with us in his first season. 

Edited by weggy1976
Stats
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Got to say, I’ve not been a big fan of Patson since he arrived but he was our best player by a county mile today. 

Agreed. Him and Youri stood out.

Daka hasn't played much but it was good control and a good finish.

• Like 1