Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

11 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

You wouldn't play our full strength side in Europe?

We can rotate and still have a pretty "full strength" squad.

Frankly we now have about 14/15 players who (depending on form/formation) could easily be in our "starting XI".

Edited by NaijaFox

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not if you want to keep the squad 100% fit and avoid some unnecessary muscle strains …….

Some players need to get match sharp too - we may need them if we get some injuries. 

If we top the group we go straight into the knockouts, if we come second it's an extra round of matches. Napoli are our main contenders for top spot, we need to beat them at home. Most of the players have just had 2 weeks off, it's still early season, I don't think there'll be many changes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If we top the group we go straight into the knockouts, if we come second it's an extra round of matches. Napoli are our main contenders for top spot, we need to beat them at home. Most of the players have just had 2 weeks off, it's still early season, I don't think there'll be many changes.

I believe in that extra round of matches is where you also face the Champions League dropouts

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I’m not disagreeing with you in respect of what Brendan will do

im just saying what I think he should do to avoid injuries etc - but that doesn’t seem to be his modus operandi- they’re just collateral  damage …..

18 hours ago, foxile5 said:

It's entirely possible that Daka will score 10+ this season and not start regularly in the league. And that's okay. Long term; not impact. 

Whilst I agree with this and think Rodgers will definitely take his time with Daka, I do think there's a bit of risk of stalling his progress. 

Iheanacho came to us high on confidence with a reputation as a great finisher with a high goal per minutes rate off the bench for Man City. We took that confidence and a mixture of injuries and mismanagement absolutely ruined him for years. 

Strikers need consistent opportunities, momentum is a big part of keeping up their goal scoring form. 

Daka came to us on a massive high after an incredible goal scoring season and there's a risk that if we bench him for too long, we'll stunt the progress of the guy we're hoping is our actual Vardy successor. 

Rodgers has to manage the right balance to keep up Vardy's excellent start to the season whilst also making sure Daka gets more than the odd 5 minute cameo to run around closing down and not getting a sniff. 

Absolutely not easy at all from the managers point of view. 

• Like 2

No love for Patson? He looked raw but was impressive throughout the game. Very unfortunate to be given offside, as I thought he was on.

He also played about 4 positions in the game. Sometimes he was the lone striker, sometimes he was part of two up top, sometimes he was a right winger, sometimes he was a 10. A very challenging role to play against a very impressive team.

Patson still has a lot to work on, but I would be shocked if he's not a success here. Seems like a very good player and a very good man. His emotion at the goal made me very happy.

• Like 2

Just now, Mark said:

I don't know what Rodgers was thinking but we had Iheanacho and Daka in the wrong positions, Daka was so unsuited to the wide right role.

Nacho doesn’t do much running with the ball. He’s better back to goal, ball into feet and bringing others into the game. Him central and Daka running in the channels made total sense

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

I disagree on both points

Totally understand your disagreement on the second point. But on the first, on the lines on sky he was about 12-18 inches off. Confess I didn’t watch the after match stuff. Did they find a different graphic?