Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Guest Col city fan

I think he’s a really good striker who needs to be playing regularly in a good side. Not playing second fiddle to an ageing Vardy in a shit team.

As I said weeks ago.

Daka would look good in a good side 

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Ball over the top for one of the quickest strikers in the league and he scores.. amazing! Its almost asif trying to play to his feet is a waste of time after all 🤔

To be fair we have had to coach him to run for the ball over the top and not drop in to look for the ball to feet. Now he seems to have got that he could be phenomenal 

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

Our best chances recently have come from direct balls over the top (Vardy’s missed chances Vs Chelsea & Daka’s goal today). 

If we get a manager who will play this direct style consistently (like the majority of PL teams are doing now), our 3 strikers will score a hatful.

Won’t matter until we sort our defence out

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

To be fair we have had to coach him to run for the ball over the top and not drop in to look for the ball to feet. Now he seems to have got that he could be phenomenal 

Disagree. It's what he did at Salzburg, it's what he did for us in Europe. This coming deep for the ball feels like a Brendan thing...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cal21212121 said:

Disagree. It's what he did at Salzburg, it's what he did for us in Europe. This coming deep for the ball feels like a Brendan thing...

I specifically remember after one game last year it being said that he had to be reminded at half-time why we had signed him as he wasn't sprinting or pressing. On a number of occasions last year he ran towards the ball rather than look for it over the top but perhaps he just needed to settle in. 

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I think he’s a really good striker who needs to be playing regularly in a good side. Not playing second fiddle to an ageing Vardy in a shit team.

As I said weeks ago.

Daka would look good in a good side 

Don’t forget that ‘ageing’ Vardy got 15 goals in half a season last time and a run of 5 games not scoring doesn’t mean he is finished. Daka had plenty of opportunities last season to cement a place in the starting line up and didn’t take it. 

He played well today, but let’s not go overboard after one game. He has clearly got talent though and hopefully can keep improving. 

Edited by Viva

18 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I know this was posted in the match thread but Daka and Nacho could have a great partnership up front if allowed to flourish.

We know Vardy and Kelechi can play well together

We know Vardy is getting older and we thought Daka was his replacement.

Perhaps use one of the 5 subs to give Vardy and Daka 45 minutes each......alongside Kelechi

But if Kelechi gets taken off for a defender at 70 minutes....  perhaps not much potential flourishing time in the 2nd half.... ?

Whatever, 2 up front please.....