Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Maybe Rodgers should play Vardy in a front two before deciding whether or not he's finished as a starter. Vardy is another classic example of Rodgers masterplan of how not to use players to their strengths. In other words, pick his system then shoehorn players into it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Maybe Rodgers should play Vardy in a front two before deciding whether or not he's finished as a starter. Vardy is another classic example of Rodgers masterplan of how not to use players to their strengths. In other words, pick his system then shoehorn players into it.

Vardy does OK in a front two, but usually as the provider than the finisher. I think it's his movement and the space he then creates for the other forward that is a huge asset. As a goalscorer though in his 30's, he's been far more prolific when plated with a #10 behind him and wingers (at least 1 anyway)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Hopefully that will boost Dakas confidence and motivate Vardy to find his prime form. If it does then we will definitely start to climb back up the table with contributions from kel and barnes and the like too. 

It's not really that ends of the pitch that caused us the problems to put us bottom. We are scoring plenty but if we don't increase confidence and quality at the back it will be a long season. 

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I got a weird feeling watching that goal go in. 

Everything about his performance when he came on was peak Vardy. The running, the hassling, the little touches for other players and then a goal straight out of the Vardy play book. 

With him coming on for the man himself who'd gone off looking a bit tired it felt eerily like watching a profound moment. A passing of the torch. 

I felt reassured but also a little sad. I'm a big Patson fan and I hope this is the start of an era but it definitely also feels like the beginning of the end of one. 

Are you that chap that commentated on England v Italy, ITV, European Championship final last summer?

Think my favourite thing about his goal wasn’t the finish but the little turn and run at the defence he did before laying it off. Feel like he’s getting the confidence to now do that as opposed to take the easier option and lay it back where it came from. Nice cameo and now must be close to a start. As much as he’s a legend I do wonder if it was heart over head extending Vardys contract.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, brookfox said:

Think my favourite thing about his goal wasn’t the finish but the little turn and run at the defence he did before laying it off. Feel like he’s getting the confidence to now do that as opposed to take the easier option and lay it back where it came from. Nice cameo and now must be close to a start. As much as he’s a legend I do wonder if it was heart over head extending Vardys contract.

If Vardy helps with the finishing touches to Daka's development, even if his own game contributions wane, it will be money well invested.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, brookfox said:

Vardy's image rights alone are worth his contract. He's our Totti. However, he has certainly slowed down. I would rather he come on against tired legs after Daka ran himself sick for 60 minutes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I got a weird feeling watching that goal go in. 

Everything about his performance when he came on was peak Vardy. The running, the hassling, the little touches for other players and then a goal straight out of the Vardy play book. 

With him coming on for the man himself who'd gone off looking a bit tired it felt eerily like watching a profound moment. A passing of the torch. 

I felt reassured but also a little sad. I'm a big Patson fan and I hope this is the start of an era but it definitely also feels like the beginning of the end of one. 

Totally agree...

Though Vardy will like yesterday comeback with those odd performances...He still created & had good movement last night..

38 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Vardy's image rights alone are worth his contract. He's our Totti. However, he has certainly slowed down. I would rather he come on against tired legs after Daka ran himself sick for 60 minutes.

On that point about Vardy, often feel the city and club haven’t made into as much an icon as he is. 

Go Rome with Totti. Maradona with Naples. Even Belotti with Torino. There’s a reference everywhere you look 

Edited by CosbehFox

23 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Totally agree...

Though Vardy will like yesterday comeback with those odd performances...He still created & had good movement last night..

Vardy should be used as an impact sub these days, his best days are behind him.  He was our worst player last night, lost count the amount of times he was offside.  He should come on with 20 mins left in a game, Daka should start from now on.

Vardy has been brilliant for us though during his career.

48 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Vardy should be used as an impact sub these days, his best days are behind him.  He was our worst player last night, lost count the amount of times he was offside.  He should come on with 20 mins left in a game, Daka should start from now on.

Vardy has been brilliant for us though during his career.

I think part of that boils down to the reluctance of the player in possession reluctance to release the ball.