Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

14 minutes ago, Claridge said:

nowhere Vardys ability for a tight away game

I kinda agree, but the elephant in the room is that Vardy is nowhere near Vardy's ability for a tight away game...

I recognise his assist and his runs and his drawing of defenders but his shooting boots haven't been on for time now.

23 hours ago, Nick said:

I kinda agree, but the elephant in the room is that Vardy is nowhere near Vardy's ability for a tight away game...

I recognise his assist and his runs and his drawing of defenders but his shooting boots haven't been on for time now.

or his heading to be fair

People shouldn't be comparing him to Vardy imo, he's his own man, and a different player. Vardy is unique, there's not been many / any like him before in terms of how he runs back lines and his athleticism running into spaces, pulling apart defenders etc. I think Daka's a bit more of a technical centre forward as well.

On 04/10/2022 at 18:07, Nick said:

Aye, but it's not something I'd attribute to aging so can't see a reason why it wouldn't come right again. He's had these periods before when he starts to get snatchy after a few misses, then he gets one and the dam bursts.

Other than the finishing (yes, yes) on Monday night he just looked to me like... well, Vardy.  And you have to start Vardy, no? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Aye, but it's not something I'd attribute to aging

Not necessarily, no. But it is a possibility.

I reckon we have to ready ourselves, as a club and as fans, to the end of an era. Vards is deserving of the status which must not speak its name and there will come a time in, imho, the not so distant future where we will say 'thank you for the memories'... and it will feel nowhere near enough.

1 hour ago, taupe said:

Not necessarily, no. But it is a possibility.

I reckon we have to ready ourselves, as a club and as fans, to the end of an era. Vards is deserving of the status which must not speak its name and there will come a time in, imho, the not so distant future where we will say 'thank you for the memories'... and it will feel nowhere near enough.

Going to have to sleep on this

People getting a little carried away with 1 goal against an already beat side.

Vardy has always had barren spells, even when he won the golden boot he had a period of no goals in 7 games.

When we won the league he had two spells of were he didn't score for 6 games.

We are going to need Vardy, Daka and Nacho to climb out of this mess.