Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Surprised not to see any comments about him. He got an assist yesterday and won a penalty. He's not amongst the goals at the minute but his pace and running keeps opposition defenders honest. I really hope he kicks on because he is a really likeable player. 

Love him. That pace scares the crap out of defenders and would dearly love more goals from him. Agree he won a penalty (and it looked painful too!) but was the assist really a scuffed shot?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've wanted this lad to work out so so much, but from what I think yesterday the hope ran out. He just never looks clinical or comfortable in front of goal, he can't hold it up well, he can't beat a man or worry defenders. I'd rather we started Kel up front,  he's 3rd choice for me. Move him on regrettably 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I've wanted this lad to work out so so much, but from what I think yesterday the hope ran out. He just never looks clinical or comfortable in front of goal, he can't hold it up well, he can't beat a man or worry defenders. I'd rather we started Kel up front,  he's 3rd choice for me. Move him on regrettably 

I’d rather get a new striker but we ain’t got money to burn. I’ve been critical a lot of Daka and still don’t see what others see in him.

We never play to his strengths, he needs balls in behind like Spartak Moscow to utilise his pace but he never gets that. Whats the point of having a rapid striker but trying to play to his feet? Forget the tippy tappy shite play and get Tielemans dinking balls in behind/down channels

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

We never play to his strengths, he needs balls in behind like Spartak Moscow to utilise his pace but he never gets that. Whats the point of having a rapid striker but trying to play to his feet? Forget the tippy tappy shite play and get Tielemans dinking balls in behind/down channels

Couldnt agree more. Playing to the lads weaknesses and giving him no support. He needs some help up there. He was literally against 4 men yday with no support from the midfield

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Couldnt agree more. Playing to the lads weaknesses and giving him no support. He needs some help up there. He was literally against 4 men yday with no support from the midfield

With our full/wingback and RW issues and lack of quality playing a 4141 is pointless with 1 up top that's why vards goals have dropped off even with his lack of minutes so daka in the position he's playing is pointless imo.

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

I understand that pov but he had a bad game yesterday. He has shown glimpses of form before; I think we are a season or so before binning him off or not...

46 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can remember more instances of Daka completely flubbing his lines when he's one on one with the keeper than times he's scored?

I don't know if it's a confidence thing or just being rusty because he never plays, but whenever we play Iheanacho now he's totally useless and usually just tries a series of pathetic shots from outside the box. In the past even as a sub he was a handy player who tried to create more for other players.

Edited by TJQuik
  • Like 2

He’s got good movement, speed and finishing and we’re certainly not getting the best out of him at at a time when we can’t afford to replace him.

However, he lacks ‘presence’ on the pitch (as does Kelechi) - imposing himself on a game or on a defence in any way is lacking which means defenders aren’t scared of him in the way he is currently played in our system.  If he was played as a pure speedster and finisher in a different system he’d be absolutely fine I think.

We’re asking too much of him at the moment.

Play him with support and he flourishes. Like Iheanacho. 

Not sure the KDH as a support works as well as it does with Vardy.

Daka needs to improve his first touch and get his head up a bit - there were times yesterday we had an overload against Newcastle's defence but he just got his head down and ran when the better option was to pass. 

Feel like he was a bit rusty and slow yesterday - hopefully after a couple of games the match fitness can come back. But it needs to be quick! Also feel like he needs more time than he actually gets in this league, about half a second but that's too much against some defenders...

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Play him with support and he flourishes. Like Iheanacho. 

Not sure the KDH as a support works as well as it does with Vardy.

Daka needs to improve his first touch and get his head up a bit - there were times yesterday we had an overload against Newcastle's defence but he just got his head down and ran when the better option was to pass. 

Feel like he was a bit rusty and slow yesterday - hopefully after a couple of games the match fitness can come back. But it needs to be quick! Also feel like he needs more time than he actually gets in this league, about half a second but that's too much against some defenders...

I am still positive about Daka - but he is not alone striker.  Why will rodgers not pich Iheanacho? It's weird.

46 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can remember more instances of Daka completely flubbing his lines when he's one on one with the keeper than times he's scored?

I don't know if it's a confidence thing or just being rusty because he never plays, but whenever we play Iheanacho now he's totally useless and usually just tries a series of pathetic shots from outside the box. In the past even as a sub he was a handy player who tried to create more for other players.

Couldn’t agree more.

Throw in ANY decision that Daka made yesterday was probably the wrong choice too 🙈

That time he had KDH and Barnes to play in but went on his own and easily got pushed off the ball by Botman summed up his dire performance.