Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Don’t get why he started yesterday when Vardy played most of the game vs MK Dons so he likely had more match fitness. 

Looked off it yesterday but looked in decent form before the WC break. 

We know he plays best in a two, and if both Maddison and Praet are out, would prefer Ihenacho alongside him or Vardy. 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I think we need to find a way to switch to a 2 up top, especially when it gets the best out of at least 2 of our strikers

Daka and Iheanacho both play best in a 2, and Vardy hasn't really got the pace to play as a lone striker anymore

For some reason I thought Daka has played a lot more in the league this season than he actually has

8 starts

685 minutes played - 7.6 90s

3 goals

2 assists

Goal contribution every 137 minutes - not too bad actually

For me get back to 4-2-3-1 with Maddison at 10 and a decent RW.

It's about getting bodies closer to him.

• Like 3

I thought he was both good and bad yesterday. Unfortunately 'bad' in the areas you most notice in a striker - end product. His control let him down on occasions, his decision making wasn't the best BUT he was always showing, trying to get to good positions, making the runs. He's a much more willing and mobile striker than Vardy just doesn't (yet?) have the Vardy guile and cunning. Vards is also more agressive and sets an example on the pitch, a motivator/leader. 

He’s had enough time for Christ sake daka didn’t come thru our academy. The chances he has he should be burying the ball in the net irregardless of how the rest of the team are performing. Daka has one job to do the rest of his duties can be forgiven but not finishing. The top teams have spells like these where their goalie nails them out or their main striker finishes a half chance. We used to have a prime Vardy and kasper that did that for us. Lately it has been madders and big did we miss him

Felt yesterday like his first instinct was to pass on responsibility. There were times (which may be wrong as I tried to blank the experience out!) where he had a chance to isolate a defender and take him on but he passed or just fluffed it. Didn’t want to use his pace. There’s always a question mark with strikers if it’s them or the service but I thought he was very poor yesterday.

4 hours ago, Simoken said:

Im not convinced, hes had enough time especially when you compare him to Liverpools new forward. time to think of a replacemnet and use him as a bench warmer. At this level you need to get good quickly sadly.

Not always. Drogba stunk the place out in his first season at Chelsea, he turned out none to shabby. How about our very own Jamie Vardy? Nearly down and out first year, we'd have missed out on probably our best ever striker had we dumped him!

The trick with Vardy was having a manager who could deploy his talents in the best way commensurate with an appropriate system and players to compliment that. Ranieri did that.

I don't think we have that with Rodgers unfortunately and I always get the impression that he's system first and then tries to cram players in to service that system come what may. I don't think we currently get the best out of Daka due to that. I strongly believe he'll come good here under another manager or unfortunately, at another club. I've a feeling we're going to miss out.

I tend to see what players can do rather than what they can't, impressed by their qualities rather than frustrated by their fvck ups (hence me seeing worth in Soumare ;) ) Admittedly, this makes me unable to see who will make good long term BUT I do like what I see in Daka at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Tanya said:

I understand that pov but he had a bad game yesterday. He has shown glimpses of form before; I think we are a season or so before binning him off or not...

Sadly we can't take that risk for me. We need a striker we can rely on. We've got 3 that we don't fancy as first choice. It's madness

It's fairly simple for me, if Maddison doesn't play, we need two up front. Neither Daka or Vardy are playing well enough to create chances of their own making, they need a 10 to slide the ball through or create something. If we don't have a 10 then having two up there to feed of each other should create more oppurtunities.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not always. Drogba stunk the place out in his first season at Chelsea, he turned out none to shabby. How about our very own Jamie Vardy? Nearly down and out first year, we'd have missed out on probably our best ever striker had we dumped him!

The trick with Vardy was having a manager who could deploy his talents in the best way commensurate with an appropriate system and players to compliment that. Ranieri did that.

I don't think we have that with Rodgers unfortunately and I always get the impression that he's system first and then tries to cram players in to service that system come what may. I don't think we currently get the best out of Daka due to that. I strongly believe he'll come good here under another manager or unfortunately, at another club. I've a feeling we're going to miss out.

Kramaric all over again?

Edited by weller54
  • Like 1

Are we really comparing Daka to Kramaric when he was here? For context of what I’m going to say, I think on the whole Daka has looked good this season.

Kramaric- signed for his first move outside of Croatia, joined us in a tough season and then in a complete freak season. He wasn’t a like for like to what we were trying to replace. When he left, he went into a team that he was much more suited to.

Daka- Has done well already in another country, is really a like for like replacement for Vardy as far as attributes go and is playing in a team that really there is a place up for grabs in for at very worst the medium term.

Some people really need to let the Kramaric thing go.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Are we really comparing Daka to Kramaric when he was here? For context of what I’m going to say, I think on the whole Daka has looked good this season.

Kramaric- signed for his first move outside of Croatia, joined us in a tough season and then in a complete freak season. He wasn’t a like for like to what we were trying to replace. When he left, he went into a team that he was much more suited to.

Daka- Has done well already in another country, is really a like for like replacement for Vardy as far as attributes go and is playing in a team that really there is a place up for grabs in for at very worst the medium term.

Some people really need to let the Kramaric thing go.

Can't we compare 2 players who are both strikers and their jobs are to score goals?