Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

Here’s a serious question - let’s say that Vardy and Kelechi are unavailable for a run of games….does anyone else have reservations about relying on Daka?

I want him to succeed but just feel that his game is too limited to PL football, definitely how we set up, a much more physical nuisance is the way to go with one up top.

The reality is we aren’t going to get anyone as good as Vardy. Fans need to accept that. 

Vardy has been top drawer and if he was younger would have moved to one of the big boys at some point. His numbers are right up there with the PL greats. 

We need realistically a 12 PL goal striker - Daka could be that surely?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

The reality is we aren’t going to get anyone as good as Vardy. Fans need to accept that. 

Vardy has been top drawer and if he was younger would have moved to one of the big boys at some point. His numbers are right up there with the PL greats. 

If we improve our defence, 50 goals may be enough, so 10 from another striker, 10 from Barnes, 10 from the rest of midfield and  a  few others here and there.

Edited by Beachyboy

42 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Here’s a serious question - let’s say that Vardy and Kelechi are unavailable for a run of games….does anyone else have reservations about relying on Daka?

I want him to succeed but just feel that his game is too limited to PL football, definitely how we set up, a much more physical nuisance is the way to go with one up top.

I think someone playing close behind him i.e. Madders / Kel would see him do really well. Someone who can feed him at closer quarters. Rather than it being from 40 yards. But his match awareness needs to improve as well. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Bang on. I’m on the fence with his performance on BD, his output was utter dogshit but he was actively trying. He’s good for 10 or so a season. Kelechi’s output would be the same (if this lad got more game time, analysts and defenders would work out his knacks easy)

Edited by CosbehFox

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Dames said:

Haaland would struggle to get more than 10 a season with the way we approach games. Daka has shown he has ability but any striker in the world would struggle to score for us when we create so little in terms of chances. 

I agree completely.

Daka is one player I’ve got belief in. He’s quick and a cool finisher. In a good side, I think he’d score plenty.

But not at Leicester under Rodgers  

38 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I agree completely.

Daka is one player I’ve got belief in. He’s quick and a cool finisher. In a good side, I think he’d score plenty.

But not at Leicester under Rodgers  

I don't think he's really shown this (Moscow aside, but can't live off that forever). He seems to panic when through on goal, either shoots absurdly early or just blazes it. I'd love Daka to come good, but I'm losing faith in the lad at this point. His movement is shockingly poor for a striker, marks himself out of games at times.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

I don't think he's really shown this (Moscow aside, but can't live off that forever). He seems to panic when through on goal, either shoots absurdly early or just blazes it. I'd love Daka to come good, but I'm losing faith in the lad at this point. His movement is shockingly poor for a striker, marks himself out of games at times.

He constantly snatches at chances.

3 hours ago, Dames said:

Haaland would struggle to get more than 10 a season with the way we approach games. Daka has shown he has ability but any striker in the world would struggle to score for us when we create so little in terms of chances. 

The best strikers (and obviously Daka isn't that but you brought up Haaland) create the space, the movement. They allow midfielders to play that through ball. Compare that to how static we are up top.

It's so easy to say "xxx would struggle to score in our team". A player like Haaland would score in our team because he's a better striker. I'd agree that our one striker system (which is pathetic) does isolate them but Daka isn't strong enough to even play this role. Plus there are only 7 other teams that have scored more than us, and four of those are the sides currently in the top four.

Daka isn't strong enough to hold the ball or fight off defenders, and doesn't do enough to get in good positions. A good striker yesterday would have scored had at least one goal and would've created another great chance by playing Barnes in.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dames said:

He, like any other striker, would be too isolated in our system. 

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, l444ry said:

It's hard enough for Vardy to shine in this godforsaken one up top system Rodgers employs. Nacho the same. The club seem to have developed a knack of not playing people to their strengths. 

It’s true, but plenty of clubs play one up top without looking as impotent as we usually do, our issues are the lack of support from midfield in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s true, but plenty of clubs play one up top without looking as impotent as we usually do, our issues are the lack of support from midfield in my opinion.

Think it's more to do with other sides playing a central striker more physically and technically suited to playing the role more effectively?  Also, Rodgers loves width but the two wide strikers seem to be more concerned with that as opposed to getting closer to the central striker.    

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

On 27/12/2022 at 17:38, brookfox said:

Felt yesterday like his first instinct was to pass on responsibility. There were times (which may be wrong as I tried to blank the experience out!) where he had a chance to isolate a defender and take him on but he passed or just fluffed it. Didn’t want to use his pace. There’s always a question mark with strikers if it’s them or the service but I thought he was very poor yesterday.

...you get the impression that he has been asked to play in a way (linking up) as opposed to what he normally would do!!!

We need ti get the ball to him as quick as possible, if we look at the way Albrighton looked to find Vardy, it is much the same we need to find Daka. 

He could win a lot if penalties, he just needs to get himself between the ball and the man in the box. 

• Like 2

I ain’t saying the whole how & why,because it’s all been said..

but we are simply playing & supporting him wrong…

We should play 2 strikers with Maddison* tucked in behind

Or * Perez/Praet..because that’s the choice we have.Then build around it..

& train through the week..

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 hours ago, Apollo said:

Hes in the 98th percentile for accurate shooting. Hes a very calm finisher.

Screenshot_20221227_134438_Chrome.thumb.jpg.707edbe66696d1306b15e933c0b09a8b.jpg

17 hours ago, weller54 said:

Kramaric all over again?

Quite possibly, though in fairness, at that time, we had a system that with Vardy at the top was largely working and Krameric didn't quite fit that system. 

Now we have at times utilised systems that don't work and try and shoehorn players into them regardless of whether they can do it or not. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

and yet ive seen almost no evidence of this at Leicester... if he is that good elsewhere, why not here?

That's the last 365 days so you obviously don't watch us much.

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you get the impression that he has been asked to play in a way (linking up) as opposed to what he normally would do!!!

We need ti get the ball to him as quick as possible, if we look at the way Albrighton looked to find Vardy, it is much the same we need to find Daka. 

He could win a lot if penalties, he just needs to get himself between the ball and the man in the box. 

As a side note... jamie  was making runs in the Newcastle  game and no one popped the ball to him.  I honestly think there is little point in playing him without albrighton

• Like 1