Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

1 minute ago, foxfan92 said:

Really gutted to see his goal ruled offside as I think he'll be one that, when he scores once, he'll score regularly. 

He obviously needs a run in the team. 

Fitting him, Nacho and Vardy into the team is going to be a headache, but its a nice one to have.

Certainly only needed half a sniff to slap one straight in the bottom corner. Looks like he has Iheanacho's eye for goal. 

The two of them could be cracking together given time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Piper on RL seemed to be writing off Daka at the end of the game. Reckons he's not the guy to lead us forward. 

Id be surprised of piper was writing him off. He’s normally the last person to write a player off. One think Daka isn’t is a winger, so Rodgers needs to get his game plan right so he doesn’t have to drop him onto the wing. 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

No love for Patson? He looked raw but was impressive throughout the game. Very unfortunate to be given offside, as I thought he was on.

He also played about 4 positions in the game. Sometimes he was the lone striker, sometimes he was part of two up top, sometimes he was a right winger, sometimes he was a 10. A very challenging role to play against a very impressive team.

Patson still has a lot to work on, but I would be shocked if he's not a success here. Seems like a very good player and a very good man. His emotion at the goal made me very happy.

Not the easiet game to make you first start in, had good moment and bad moments.

Needs time to develop his all round game, a bit like Vardy when he came here.

Pace is a great attribute but agasint a better class of defender you need a little more.

Exciting option for the season ahead. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Id be surprised of piper was writing him off. He’s normally the last person to write a player off. One think Daka isn’t is a winger, so Rodgers needs to get his game plan right so he doesn’t have to drop him onto the wing. 

Said he hoped he was wrong and that the didn't think that Vardy was the man either but definitely not a fan of Daka based on today. Have a listen to the post match. 

1 hour ago, foxfan92 said:

Really gutted to see his goal ruled offside as I think he'll be one that, when he scores once, he'll score regularly. 

He obviously needs a run in the team. 

Fitting him, Nacho and Vardy into the team is going to be a headache, but its a nice one to have.

....we do not need to, he is a rotation option for Vardy!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442

53 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I was surprised at Piper's comments. Said he knew instantly that Fofana was class, Daka unsure. He did qualify this by saying that he didn't JV initially. Personally, thought he did OK, particularly for his first start. Even Keith Weller was underwhelming in his first game. 

6 minutes ago, enmac said:

I was surprised at Piper's comments. Said he knew instantly that Fofana was class, Daka unsure. He did qualify this by saying that he didn't JV initially. Personally, thought he did OK, particularly for his first start. Even Keith Weller was underwhelming in his first game. 

Same. Thought it was poor form to pass judgement this early and I thought he was off the mark anyways. Patson looked good. 

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Same. Thought it was poor form to pass judgement this early and I thought he was off the mark anyways. Patson looked good. 

....it would have been great if the "goal" had counted as we do not want a player trying too hard, and not looking to implement the best options for the team!!!

It is easily done and the player develops tunnel vision trying to get off the mark. He would have been buzzing to get on the pitch as early in the season as he could.

Am I missing something regarding what Piper said? I don't think Daka looked bad. There was some rustiness - couple of times he blew what felt like decent chances to break, but he's clearly got both exceptional pace and a great finish on him. Reminds me of somebody.

• Like 2