Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I remain convinced this lad is much much better than what we are seeing.

Hes yet another player that is completely devoid of confidence playing for Bodgers.

When he squared that ball to Barnes last night, the Daka playing a couple of seasons ago would have absolutely buried that. He’d have had no qualms about shooting.

I feel sorry for Daka personally. I think he’s another very talented striker, playing in a shite team and having zero confidence.

At this rate, they’ll all leave. And I bet you if Daka wants out, he’ll have plenty of clubs wanting his services.

Some of our players are much better than what we’re seeing. It’s the club that’s the issue. It stinks from the top down (no pun intended) and Bodgers cannot get any sort of tune out of them.

As soon as he sods off, we’ll see at least some of these lads demonstrate a fifty per cent improvement 

When? He's only scored 8 league goals for us.

I don't know where poeple are getting this "talented" stuff from.

He probably will go and score goals somewhere else, but it'll be in Europe again.

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Fox92 said:

When? He's only scored 8 league goals for us.

I don't know where poeple are getting this "talented" stuff from.

He probably will go and score goals somewhere else, but it'll be in Europe again.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. You’ve decided he’s shite, I think his form reflects a club in demise.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree. You’ve decided he’s shite, I think his form reflects a club in demise.

I will agree to disagree mate. I have decided he's shite but at the minute I'm also pissed off with them all. None of them even do the basics, regardless of manager.

• Like 1

Never known so many excuses made for such useless signings as Daka and Soumare. I keep hearing oh but it’s not there fault there confidence is low because of such poor results caused by the negative dressing room, maybe it wouldn’t be so negative it they could both do what they were recruited for. That whole crop of signing that summer seemed to be when the rot had truly set in.

Edited by jonathan_ross

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Fox92 said:

I will agree to disagree mate. I have decided he's shite but at the minute I'm also pissed off with them all. None of them even do the basics, regardless of manager.

Which counters your original argument.

Unless Daka, Ndidi, Nacho, Barnes and Faes are ALL shite, there’s a bigger picture going on.

I don’t think they are. I think they are all massively low in confidence and the club needs a big shake up.

I believe Daka could go to another club and start scoring goals again. 

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think people are doing what I  always do. Stating that Amartery is shite and that we should never have signed him.

When we were linked with Daka, he was on fire and lots of clubs across Europe were interested in signing him.

There will always be a bigger picture involved regarding why such a good player has gone off the boil. Ndidi is probably the best example of this, but Barnes is getting there too as is Nacho.

Itll be about the manager, the club and why a particular player, or players, are not performing.

Ndidi, we know, can be excellent. Same with Barnes and same with Daka.

The CLUB stinks at present. It needs a wholesale rethink, starting with a new manager and possibly even a new owner.

Fixed :)

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think people are doing what they always do. Stating that (insert name here) is shite and that we should never have signed them.

When we were linked with Daka, he was on fire and lots of clubs across Europe were interested in signing him.

There will always be a bigger picture involved regarding why such a good player has gone off the boil. Ndidi is probably the best example of this, but Barnes is getting there too as is Nacho.

Itll be about the manager, the club and why a particular player, or players, are not performing.

Ndidi, we know, can be excellent. Same with Barnes and same with Daka.

The CLUB stinks at present. It needs a wholesale rethink, starting with a new manager and possibly even a new owner.

Whilst I thought he looked good before coming here. He’s never looked that great to me. 

I hope I’m totally wrong but I just don’t think he’s anything special 

He's not been great and it's entirely possible that he won't ever be at this level but I don't think it's a coincidence that we've got three strikers, all of whom have demonstrated either here or elsewhere that they're capable of scoring goals, and none of them currently look capable of doing much of anything. The team is absolutely rank and confidence is shot across the board. Passing definitive judgements on pretty much any individual based on their performances in this team is, I think, pointless.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Which counters your original argument.

Unless Daka, Ndidi, Nacho, Barnes and Faes are ALL shite, there’s a bigger picture going on.

I don’t think they are. I think they are all massively low in confidence and the club needs a big shake up.

I believe Daka could go to another club and start scoring goals again. 

No it doesn't counter. None of the players at the minute do the basics right - look at the chance Barnes had yesterday when Pope come out of his goal, his first touch yet again broke the chance down - basics - but I don't rate Daka at all. They're different things.

Only way we will see is under a new manager but when he still looks shite I'll return to this thread :)

10 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

That whole crop of signing that summer seemed to be when the rot had truly set in.

Wow, that's some bad luck on our part. Or perhaps our recruitment team deliberately targeted disruptive influences... for some unfathomable reason. I dunno, it's possible of course. Or we could perhaps apply Ocam's razor and look for a single cause? That is, rather than a convoluted scenario that relies on either acceptance of misfortune, coordinated misdoings or even conspiracy theory. 

Im pretty sure Daka thrives in a 2.  He was part of a partnership at Salzburg and you can see that hold up play isnt his strong suit. 

daka

Nacho 

Barnes                                         Gonzalez

KDH           Le Fee          

Mike Bassett on Twitter: "The team news is out ... https://t.co/HAAuqA8AAo"  / Twitter

Newcastle peppered us for most of the match. Look at how many chances Bruno Guimarães missed in the first 15 minutes alone. Daka had a little. Are we seriously going to call strikers out as crap because they miss one of the only chances they had all game. 

If we create little, we generate little confidence and the law of averages are going to kick in.  

Before the WC, it felt like we pretty much scored every opportunity we had, but thats a luxury. Put Daka in a side that generates far more chances and he will put more away. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Im pretty sure Daka thrives in a 2.  He was part of a partnership at Salzburg and you can see that hold up play isnt his strong suit. 

daka

Nacho 

KDH           Le Fee          

Mike Bassett on Twitter: "The team news is out ... https://t.co/HAAuqA8AAo"  / Twitter

Coincidentally the man who gave him his debut at Salzburg loves 4-4-****ing-2 and is available and has links to our head of recruitment :P (posted in another thread that he's not the best option... but he's certainly and easy and potentially sensible one for 6 months)

Just now, Guest said:

He's not been great and it's entirely possible that he won't ever be at this level but I don't think it's a coincidence that we've got three strikers, all of whom have demonstrated either here or elsewhere that they're capable of scoring goals, and none of them currently look capable of doing much of anything. The team is absolutely rank and confidence is shot across the board. Passing definitive judgements on pretty much any individual based on their performances in this team is, I think, pointless.

Let’s be honest though - “elsewhere” means the Austrian league. 

Daka was golden boot winner in the Austrian League. I’ve posted it before but if you look at all the Golden Boot winners in that league over the past 10-15 years, they all got bought by some top level Spanish or Italian league and all failed miserably, many even when down to the Spanish/Italian 2nd tier and still failed miserably.

I think Haaland has warped people’s view of the level Daka was playing against which has proven to be not even good equivalent to La Liga 2. or Serie B, let alone the PL, if other top strikers in the Austrian League to go by.

He scored goals at a relatively very low level and was always a gamble when he came here. Same with Vardy. You can argue whether the gamble has failed or will come off, but I think the argument that “he scored goals elsewhere” is a really bad one given the level we’re talking about here.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

daka

Nacho 

KDH           Le Fee          

This is EXACTLY the problem. Daka is not a hold up and bring players in type striker!!

He never has been. He plays off the shoulder of the last defender and his pace gets him one on one with them and the keeper.

If Bodgers wants to play an isolated striker, at least get a proper target striker in to play there!

10 million quid a year for this fookin rubbish from the manager is obscene