Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

10 minutes ago, taupe said:

Wow, that's some bad luck on our part. Or perhaps our recruitment team deliberately targeted disruptive influences... for some unfathomable reason. I dunno, it's possible of course. Or we could perhaps apply Ocam's razor and look for a single cause? That is, rather than a convoluted scenario that relies on either acceptance of misfortune, coordinated misdoings or even conspiracy theory. 

Something doesn’t seem to add up, considering he’s showing far less potential even than Islam Slimani did in his initial tenure and he was cast aside on the blink of an eye

44 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We must be the only fanbase that wants to build around one player. It's a team game and he isn't good enough to fit in it.

...there is a different approach to the game if you have to wait for us to build from the back, into the midfield  and then be vigilant for the ball playing you in!!!

If you look at Albrighton, he looks to get that ball out of his feet and his first thought is to find Vardy over the top or a whipped ball for him to get infront if his man to pass it into the back of the net.

Two different styles of playing and the latter suits Daka as well as Vardy.

Building through the thirds, forces both to sit and wait for the ball to be played in, we are too slow in our approach or tempo for both these strikers.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

considering he’s showing far less potential even than Islam Slimani did in his initial tenure

Well, potential is possibly in the eye of the beholder but that statement I would not hesitate to disagree with. I saw Slimani's talents and it's fair to say we didn't play in a manner to use them (other than plan b) but he was, in my eye and for all intents and purposes, a little bit of a cart horse. Daka is pretty much a polar opposite with regard to abilities; both being strikers is about the only similarity. We're comparing apples and oranges,  

17 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Let’s be honest though - “elsewhere” means the Austrian league. 

Daka was golden boot winner in the Austrian League. I’ve posted it before but if you look at all the Golden Boot winners in that league over the past 10-15 years, they all got bought by some top level Spanish or Italian league and all failed miserably, many even when down to the Spanish/Italian 2nd tier and still failed miserably.

I think Haaland has warped people’s view of the level Daka was playing against which has proven to be not even good equivalent to La Liga 2. or Serie B, let alone the PL, if other top strikers in the Austrian League to go by.

He scored goals at a relatively very low level and was always a gamble when he came here. Same with Vardy. You can argue whether the gamble has failed or will come off, but I think the argument that “he scored goals elsewhere” is a really bad one given the level we’re talking about here.

Oh absolutely it's a far lower level. By elsewhere I was also pointing to Iheanacho at Man City, but of course I acknowledge that as with the Austrian Bundesliga and the Premier League, scoring goals for them and for us are very different matters. Regardless, I think between his record at Salzburg and his contribution for us relative to his actual game time as highlighted by @moore_94, there is probably sufficient grounds to believe that he is capable of more than what we are currently seeing from him in this team, as is the case for all our strikers and indeed most of our players.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Still don't think he has been too bad for us so far since we signed him

Total

58 appearances

33 starts

2,841 minutes played - 31.5 90s

21 goal contributions - 14 goals and 7 assists

Goal contribution every 135 minutes

League Only

39 appearances

22 starts

1,859 minutes played - 20.6 90s

14 goal contributions - 8 goals and 6 assists

Goal contribution every 133 minutes

Still pretty good goal contribution rates, especially with how few chances we seem to actually create for our strikers

You think 14 goals in 58 games is good? If we'd have signed a striker from the football league, and he had this return, people wouldn't rate him.

Not sure why assists are even part of the stats. Nobody is bothered about assists when judging strikers, it's goals.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

You think 14 goals in 58 games is good? If we'd have signed a striker from the football league, and he had this return, people wouldn't rate him.

Not sure why assists are even part of the stats. Nobody is bothered about assists when judging strikers, it's goals.

Assists make goals. To not count them is daft.

• Thanks 1

Bang average - not even close to being as dangerous as iheanacho and a p*ss poor effort at replacing vardy- doesn’t look like he has anything about him at all - even when we were playing well before Xmas he was rubbish 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Out of interest, would you say the same about e.g. Firmino or Gabriel Jesus? Jesus currently on 5 in 20 for Arsenal in all comps, more or less the same goals per game in a much better team as Daka for us, but I think the consensus would be that he started very well there. Disclaimer: I am not saying that Daka is as good as either of those players.

44 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Pretty certain that players like Daka, Ndidi, Castagne, Barnes and KDH will push on/get back to their best once we get rid of Rodgers.

Agree with this. Inject some life and confidence into them and they'll be fine. Also get them to do what they're good at and not complicate their roles. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Bang average - not even close to being as dangerous as iheanacho and a p*ss poor effort at replacing vardy- doesn’t look like he has anything about him at all - even when we were playing well before Xmas he was rubbish 

hes been here long enough to adapt, the truth is, nunuz from liverpool whos been in the PL for a day even with his lack of goals that are almost laughable at times has adapted already more than Daka. time to get rid.

Edited by Simoken
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jonathan_ross said:

There would be less problems if he could put the ball in the bloody net or even stay on his feet.

He may not be world class or elite but he’s a perfectly good striker. Like most of the rest of the squad, he’s be ****ed over by the tactics and man management of our untouchable overlord!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Guest said:

Out of interest, would you say the same about e.g. Firmino or Gabriel Jesus? Jesus currently on 5 in 20 for Arsenal in all comps, more or less the same goals per game in a much better team as Daka for us, but I think the consensus would be that he started very well there. Disclaimer: I am not saying that Daka is as good as either of those players.

Arsenal get goals from plenty of other areas… we don’t..

adds more pressure on Daka.

daft think is, BR wants us to be a passing team , build from the back and keep the ball.. yet signed a so called vardy clone who suits counter attack football 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

I just scrolled the premier league  and there is at least one striker from every team in the league I would rather have than Daka…. 

Who would you rather have from Southampton or Bournemouth because I can’t even name a striker in their squad? Everton? Not having this statement at all tbqh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I don't mean to be any blunter than I ever am but both of these points are pretty thick. 

The whole iF hE wAs EnGlIsH stuff is boring. You sound like Harry Redknapp. People aren't trying to encourage patience for Daka because he's foreign but because even a cursory glance at the goals he has scored here shows a really potent finisher if we can get him confident and actually give him supply. 

As for rubbishing assists, sorry that's just extremely wide of the mark. You want all round goal contributions from your forward players regardless of whether they play centrally or wide. 

• Like 2