Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

He can clearly finish, look at the goals in Europe and even this season the flick against Forest, the way we play isn't going to get the best out of any forward. We really need to buy a technically good forward though, Daka's touch and overall play is just not upto scratch, much like Vardy's but he had other great qualities to make up for it.

• Like 2

Vardy, as agreed by most, is on his last legs so why Daka isn't playing every game from the start is a mystery. It should be Vards coming on for cameos and closing down defenders to hold a lead. Daka will never get up to speed in this league until he gets the belief he's first choice. He'll never learn from past mistakes by being benched for 82 minutes. Another one that's gone backwards under Rodgers.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Bringing Daka on to defend a lead? I mean is Rodgers just plain stupid or is he actually taking the piss?

I seriously don’t think even Rogers for his countless bad decisions and tactical errors would be that stupid, it’s almost like there’s some kind of contractual obligation to play him, I know he divides opinions but I’ve genuinely never cringed so much when I’ve seen a player in possession of the ball, people say he’s a natural successor to Vardy yet whenever he gets on to a Vardy style though ball his balance and control is so bad he falls over!

Some of our supports must actually believe his sh1t smells of roses too.

Edited by jonathan_ross

Lost my shit at him big time for their equaliser although in fairness to him, he was only 1 component of at least 3 players failing to clear the ball before they crossed in for the header. A touch Unfair on him considering what he's being asked to do which is play a tiny bit part to a 36 year old (club legend). Another sad indictment of our side/team/squad atm

31 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Defending from the front? Pressing? Offering a mobile outlet? When he came on Brighton were more or less camped in our final third.

Mods!  
Please do something about people trying to bring common sense to one of our 10,000 “bash Rodgers” threads!

3 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

He’s really not the heir to Vardy is he?

It’s not just us that play 1 up top….bringing in a genuine threat and striker who can hold the ball up/run the line is needed in the summer if not this January.

Any ideas from the lads on here who know their European football? 

....I did think CDK would have been a better fit for this club as a CF!!!

Daka is on a hiding to nothing, what we need from him is not his game, he has had to try and learn these skills to fit into the way we play. First-time balls played into his path for him to get on the end of, is game. 

Why we would assume changing how he plays is what we needed to replace the goals coming from Vardy. Unless we were going to replicate the style of his previous club, we are not going to get the best out of him. We really need someone up here with him to link with and playoff, we cannot have the gap we have, with him being isolated upfront, just like Vardy has been for a big part of his time here since Okazaki.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Even more horrendous watching that back. Braindead pass

Really? He’s thrown on at the end and instructed to defend. Intercepts and gives it away playing pure Rodger’s ball (short pass to feet).  However, he wins it back and Tielemans messes up, then our entire back line sh1ts themselves and can’t deal with anything. Finishes with Amartey defending far to deep and giving Ferguson a free header. 

More at play than a Daka mistake here. Sh1t coaching and everyone losing their heads. 

Would love to see this guy play under a decent system. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was hoping Daka was just adjusting to this league. But he's had enough time now. Honestly I'm not sure he's good enough for the PL. He's not strong enough, not able to link the play. His all round play is just so poor. But Rodgers still decides to use him instead of a Iheanacho. I don't get it.

7 hours ago, Claridge said:

He’s been rubbish in ninety percent of the games he has played.Can’t see him ever being good enough. A new striker is needed if we ever get any money

Yet another player who has gone backwards made by Rodgers. Mind you, Rodgers, we spent 29m pounds for him and you can’t say you didn’t have the money to buy. But the club can’t give you unlimited get out of jail cards. 

Also, why is Nacho not playing???????

Whilst I don't agree with all of Jermaine Jenas's comments on MOTD, he was spot on about there being no outlet to progress the ball up the pitch. 

When Daka made that stupid Rodgersball pass, I was wondering what the hell he was doing, but it turns out that he was the player who was furthest forward.  There was literally nobody else to pass to.

Given Vardy was in the same position 5 minutes earlier, I suspect that this was a tactical decision of Brendan's making.

If the tactics were to defend deep and get every player behind the ball for the final 5 minutes, then why even bring Daka on?  Take Vardy off and replace him with any of the defensive minded players on the bench.  Or, if you are bringing Daka on, do it so he might cause problems higher up the pitch.

There's a player in Daka, for sure, but he needs to be played in a system that suits his strengths, which are pace and finishing.  

Defending deep and slow build up play are tactics that won't get the best out of him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Claridge said:

He’s been rubbish in ninety percent of the games he has played.Can’t see him ever being good enough. A new striker is needed if we ever get any money

Agreed and I can’t wait to get rid. Nearly £30m we paid, never getting that back.

Scapegoat time for Daka again I see!

You can absolutely not judge him being brought on to defend at the end of games on a side fragile as shit with no confidence!

If he was actually being played as a striker with anybody actually creating chances he has shown he will score goals but a striker who scores goals is not good enough for the entitled come lately supporters just like a wide forward who puts the numbers up that Barnes does is shit not just being misused by the awful tactics.

• Like 1

Not a BR fan but are we sure it was 'tactics' that made us sit back? Maybe the players are just scared and it's a natural collective reaction to sit back. The fear can come from the position we are in the table. That's one of the reasons in my view why it's hard to get up the table when in a relegation scrap.

1 minute ago, Rossiter said:

Not a BR fan but are we sure it was 'tactics' that made us sit back? Maybe the players are just scared and it's a natural collective reaction to sit back. The fear can come from the position we are in the table. That's one of the reasons in my view why it's hard to get up the table when in a relegation scrap.

Give it a rest Brendan.

• Haha 2