Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Patson Daka

13 hours ago, Hammo said:

Bringing Daka on to defend a lead? I mean is Rodgers just plain stupid or is he actually taking the piss?

Vardy was shattered and we had no outlet for when we were winning the ball back. 

11 hours ago, joeybside said:

Lost my shit at him big time for their equaliser although in fairness to him, he was only 1 component of at least 3 players failing to clear the ball before they crossed in for the header. A touch Unfair on him considering what he's being asked to do which is play a tiny bit part to a 36 year old (club legend). Another sad indictment of our side/team/squad atm

Also in fairness to him, he had no one to pass to when he had that ball but the pass was stupid. However like you say there were plenty of other opportunities after his poor pass to stop them scoring. We just weren't strong enough in challenges. 

9 hours ago, TK95 said:

Even more horrendous watching that back. Braindead pass

It was, but as above there was more wrong with the goal than just the Daka pass to be fair. 3 other times we could have won a 50/50 and no one fancied marking or tracking their big striker. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Scapegoat time for Daka again I see!

You can absolutely not judge him being brought on to defend at the end of games on a side fragile as shit with no confidence!

If he was actually being played as a striker with anybody actually creating chances he has shown he will score goals but a striker who scores goals is not good enough for the entitled come lately supporters just like a wide forward who puts the numbers up that Barnes does is shit not just being misused by the awful tactics.

Why is it whenever a player gets criticised for performances there’s always someone saying “they’re being scapegoated”.

No one is scapegoating Daka and saying he’s the sole reason we’re down here.

We’re just saying he’s one of several players who clearly isn’t good enough and whose quite hefty transfer fee was a waste of money by the manager/recruitment team.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Why is it whenever a player gets criticised for performances there’s always someone saying “they’re being scapegoated”.

No one is scapegoating Daka and saying he’s the sole reason we’re down here.

We’re just saying he’s one of several players who clearly isn’t good enough and whose quite hefty transfer fee was a waste of money by the manager/recruitment team.

Fair enough. Personally I don’t think he’s not good enough and don’t want to write him off. I’m sick of seeing various players being constantly slated and sometimes personal comments. They are trying but have had the confidence drained from them. If they weren’t trying and had downed tools Rodgers may not still be here.

I really want to see how some of these guys would be under a new manager and fresh start before I write them off.

• Like 1

Just now, trooky said:

What was the point in bringing him on in the 88th minute yesterday and playing him so deep anyway. He should have been up by the halfway line to chase a long ball and get the team up the pitch.

I'm hoping he comes good but, from what I've seen  he ain't no Alan Smith type for holding up the ball atm.

57 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Vardy was shattered and we had no outlet for when we were winning the ball back. 

Also in fairness to him, he had no one to pass to when he had that ball but the pass was stupid. However like you say there were plenty of other opportunities after his poor pass to stop them scoring. We just weren't strong enough in challenges. 

It was, but as above there was more wrong with the goal than just the Daka pass to be fair. 3 other times we could have won a 50/50 and no one fancied marking or tracking their big striker. 

Daka was too deep and should have been up by the halfway to receive the ball.

Amartey was also slated on MOTD for not being level with Faes, he was a good few yards behind Faes and if level would have occupied the space tha Ferguson run into and scored.

23 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

There’s a real asset there if he’s used properly. You don’t play in Man City’s first team and score goals if you’re not a good player. Criminally treated here.

Ryan McGivern got a game for their first team......

This is a joke by the way before people think I'm seriously comparing the two.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

What do you mean by finesse in football context? Some of his finishes would suggest he has finesse through my understanding of the word.

You're right, he has scored some excellent goals but the man that counts i.e. BR thinks he can't control a ball brilliantly first time and is hit and miss. To be fair Nacho is hit and miss. I like the bloke but PL - not sure. Maybe he needs somewhere where he can get a run in a team with a manager that looks more at his strengths than weaknesses. He might flourish then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rossiter said:

Not a BR fan but are we sure it was 'tactics' that made us sit back? Maybe the players are just scared and it's a natural collective reaction to sit back. The fear can come from the position we are in the table. That's one of the reasons in my view why it's hard to get up the table when in a relegation scrap.

...we have seen this happen too many times.es under this manager!!!

He normally brings on a big defender to help shore up the defence in these situations and we do drop deep and invite the opposition on to us. The manager transmits panic to his players and that is why we struggle to get over the line when we need to, a weak mentality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we have seen this happen too many times.es under this manager!!!

He normally brings on a big defender to help shore up the defence in these situations and we do drop deep and invite the opposition on to us. The manager transmits panic to his players and that is why we struggle to get over the line when we need to, a weak mentality.

Sometimes I think supporters can over emphasize the influence of a manager. Yesterday we are on for 3 points. If Daka had tried to spin and draw a foul we would probably have got a win that we probably wouldn't have deserved. A manager can only do so much. I think most managers get too much praise for wins and too much stick for defeats ' sometimes. Roy Keane said players should motivate themselves a bit more.

The initial hype was stupid but some of the juveniles on here go crazy anytime anyone actually signs for us. Slow build up football was always going to neutralise him. He doesn't have the power to hold up the ball. The fast break is where he becomes dangerous and with a partner preferably. This of course applied to Vardy and Barnes. The opposition know this and often concede possession slowing down our attacking play. Is this the tactic Rodgers prefers or does he have to contend with it. If the latter , he has little idea how to overcome it. Daka is a decent striker but maybe he is in the wrong team. No sensible opposition team are going to allow us to play to our strengths if they can help it. The way to beat it is intelligence and our recruitment should concentrate on finding clever players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1