Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Sowah (Loan)

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The language that will come out of my mouth if we sell him and don't get another winger in before the end of August will be obscene. 

You don't sell this late in the day without having an incoming deal agreed, so we best not muck this up. Playing wi' blokes livelihoods here.

Looking at it from Sowah's point of view, more money, more playing opportunities and Bruges is a beautiful city. From our point of view , another wasted opportunity with a young player and all for 7 million. If we were Nottm Forest , that would be a fair deal but we are a top premiership club and that is peanuts 

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Looking at it from Sowah's point of view, more money, more playing opportunities and Bruges is a beautiful city. From our point of view , another wasted opportunity with a young player and all for 7 million. If we were Nottm Forest , that would be a fair deal but we are a top premiership club and that is peanuts 

We've a buy back clause and/or a sell on fee as well as add on's, so the club are protecting themselves from him progressing to the level where we'd want him or where a club pays a big fee for him and we get a slice more of it.

I'm surprised though, it's not usually how we do things with young players. 

3 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

If this happens we must have someone coming in.

Gray gone then this guy and still no winger?

Last twelve months Grey, Ghezzal and Sowah off the books and Under rejected. All wingers, you have to assume Rodgers is not a fan of this sort of player.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 hours ago, NasPb said:

We absolutely have to get SOMEONE in just for a body at least. If not not acceptable by the club. 

We don't have space in the squad unless praet or hamza leave.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We don't have space in the squad unless praet or hamza leave.

(if sowah leaves) but yes you're right. Either sell 2 or keep sowah imo makes no sense selling a rw for the fun of it

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, NasPb said:

(if sowah leaves) but yes you're right. Either sell 2 or keep sowah imo makes no sense selling a rw for the fun of it

I agree. Hopefully a rabbit will be pulled from a hat. Praet is the obvious one to go but doesn't seem like we have many takers.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I agree. Hopefully a rabbit will be pulled from a hat. Praet is the obvious one to go but doesn't seem like we have many takers.

If we can't sell anyone better to stand still than needlessly subtract imo. Praet and sowah can play on tbe right. 

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Even in this case, where is the back-up? The current situation is that we have 4 players that can play as a winger; Harvey Barnes, Marc Albrighton, Ayoze Perez and Ricardo. How many times has Ricardo even played the position for us? Twice? I'm not even sure if he's done it under Rodgers either.

If we had started the season playing 352 then it would make sense to get rid of wingers, as that would be the preferred system to use. But so far we have started 4231 against Villareal, Man City, Wolves and West Ham.

It is really weird though, that's for sure. Perhaps it will all come out in the wash soon enough. We know this club is brilliant at getting players when they want them, see Vestergaard, Daka, Soumare and then going back a few years Ricardo, Maddison, Ndidi even.

My take on it right now is this; getting such a player is almost impossible. The best way to do it, as risky as it sounds is to wait till transfer deadline day, or near enough and take advantage of the madness as big moves happen to get someone you otherwise could not with a cash bid. It's going back quite a few years now, but I remember that's how Arsenal got Ozil, because Real Madrid needed the cash to sign other players. When you see players like Sancho and Sane go for over 50m, it puts it into light how hard it is to get a top class winger.

All that said not signing Jarod Bowen now looks like a big mistake, as that's someone we could and arguably should have signed.

You forgot Sowah... In the Sowah thread lol

36 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Even in this case, where is the back-up? The current situation is that we have 4 players that can play as a winger; Harvey Barnes, Marc Albrighton, Ayoze Perez and Ricardo. How many times has Ricardo even played the position for us? Twice? I'm not even sure if he's done it under Rodgers either.

If we had started the season playing 352 then it would make sense to get rid of wingers, as that would be the preferred system to use. But so far we have started 4231 against Villareal, Man City, Wolves and West Ham.

It is really weird though, that's for sure. Perhaps it will all come out in the wash soon enough. We know this club is brilliant at getting players when they want them, see Vestergaard, Daka, Soumare and then going back a few years Ricardo, Maddison, Ndidi even.

My take on it right now is this; getting such a player is almost impossible. The best way to do it, as risky as it sounds is to wait till transfer deadline day, or near enough and take advantage of the madness as big moves happen to get someone you otherwise could not with a cash bid. It's going back quite a few years now, but I remember that's how Arsenal got Ozil, because Real Madrid needed the cash to sign other players. When you see players like Sancho and Sane go for over 50m, it puts it into light how hard it is to get a top class winger.

All that said not signing Jarod Bowen now looks like a big mistake, as that's someone we could and arguably should have signed.

Ricardo played right wing for us a lot with Amartey at right back when he first arrived, it wasn't until after Dan broke his ankle Ricardo moved permanently back to right back, both Ricardo and Castagne can play further forward then full back

Edited by Jimmy