Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Sowah (Loan)

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yes and tielemans signed at the end of Jan. Notice how he played one game after January? 

Right but I wouldn't say being benched for 1 game is having 1 foot out the door? After that Puel was gone, so it was Rodgers who dropped him. And he didn't immediately reintroduce him at all he played 291 minutes of football under Brendan Rodgers for his first full season in charge?

I genuinely don't understand what you're arguing with? All I had said was the post was incorrect, which it was? 

The post made it sound like Puel had left Mendy in the gutter and Rodgers was his saviour which just wasn't the case at all. Rodgers left him out of the team for basically a whole year, which definitely isn't immediately re-introducing him lol 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Right but I wouldn't say being benched for 1 game is having 1 foot out the door? After that Puel was gone, so it was Rodgers who dropped him. And he didn't immediately reintroduce him at all he played 291 minutes of football under Brendan Rodgers for his first full season in charge?

I genuinely don't understand what you're arguing with? All I had said was the post was incorrect, which it was? 

The post made it sound like Puel had left Mendy in the gutter and Rodgers was his saviour which just wasn't the case at all. Rodgers left him out of the team for basically a whole year, which definitely isn't immediately re-introducing him lol 

Puel dropped him before Rodgers did. You're rewriting history. That's what I'm arguing about.

1 hour ago, Bonanza said:

As an OHL fan all I can say is this:

GREAT DEAL!

Last season Sowah was fantasic in August, September, October and 1 or 2 games in November, but after that his form plummeted and he never recovered. He simply isn't good enough for a team like Leicester. You could argue that he should've been send on loan to the Championship, but when a club offers you this kind of money for Sowah you simply accept!

Seems to me that Rodgers looked at him during preseason and saw he wasn't good enough...

Too many on here only want to sell a young player when it's proven beyond doubt that they aren't good enough.

This deal has the possibility to look like a bad one in the coming years but I'm a great believer in making an early call on a young player and if the offer you get is a really good one then sell without knowing 100% about the player's potential.

I'm happy enough that BR has seen Sowah in training over the last few weeks and made a call on him whilst his stock is still high enough to get a €9m offer. PL teams struggle to sell players downwards as it is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Micky said:

It was obvious in pre-season that he was not good enough. A fantastic deal for us.

Pretty harsh judging him off 3 seperate 45 minutes of pre-season football where in general we didn't look that good.

Just now, moore_94 said:

Pretty harsh judging him off 3 seperate 45 minutes of pre-season football where in general we didn't look that good.

They would have kept a close eye on him at OHL.

To be fair it pretty good money so a unproven squad player

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

It's not just the friendly games though, BR seen him in training for a good few weeks. 

Sowah should have come here very eager to impress and in good condition, bottom line is he hasn't.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Puel dropped him before Rodgers did. You're rewriting history. That's what I'm arguing about.

I wouldn't class a player being put on the bench after missing the previous game through injury as being dropped. Also I was responding to the post saying Mendy had "one foot out the door before Rodgers came in" which clearly just wasn't true. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word dropped but think the meaning of my post was clear, it was Rodgers who phased Mendy out.

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's not just the friendly games though, BR seen him in training for a good few weeks. 

Sowah should have come here very eager to impress and in good condition, bottom line is he hasn't.

I genuinely think the club would have loaned him and looked to see how he improved in another year but this fee to be fair and add ons has triggered us to accept. I don't mind that if we bring another winger in  otherwise we're a winger down who wouldn't have taken a place in the squad as he's under 21 and that's the bottom line.

10 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Brendan praised him for training well and in his own words being "a very talented boy".

The fee we were offered at the time was probably too good to turn down for his situation in the squad and the club have protected themself by seemingly including a buy back clause of some kind.

I think this was more that he isn't quite good enough to be starting for us yet and him staying as a squad player would be pointless for him as he would have been probably 4th choice.

Edited by moore_94

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I genuinely think the club would have loaned him and looked to see how he improved in another year but this fee to be fair and add ons has triggered us to accept. I don't mind that if we bring another winger in  otherwise we're a winger down who wouldn't have taken a place in the squad as he's under 21 and that's the bottom line.

Just now, moore_94 said:

Brendan praised him for training well and in his own words being "a very talented boy".

The fee we were offered at the time was probably too good to turn down and the club have protected themself by seemingly including a buy back clause of some kind.

I think this was more that he isn't quite good enough to be starting for us yet and him staying as a squad player would be pointless for him as he would have been probably 4th choice.

When Rodgers says a young player is very talented, that's basically his kiss of death lol

I'm sure he's said similar about Benkovic and Kaputska then proceeded to never play them. Think it's just a phrase he likes to chuck about.

• Like 1

Fantastic money for someone that’s not played a single first team game for us . It’s a fine line with the academy and young players . We need to hopefully pluck a few gems out but also make some  money . What I’ve seen of him I just don’t think he’d reach where we want to be so it’s a good deal all round . Balances the books a little and may make the difference in us signing another player .

On 26/08/2021 at 01:35, Nicolo Barella said:

I would take even Traore a thousand times over Perez in this team. If we had someone like him to progress the ball halfway up the field immediately after winning possession, it wouldn't matter how shit his end product would be, we have enough decent finishers in our team to take advantage of that. Sure he would be frustrating, but less frustrating than Perez.

I have been thinking this myself...a Change of Team a new Challenge for Traore,would be a shrewd buy...

his Finishing or last 3rd Play  can be improved uponwith sometime, even a season.  Hes a Damn Good water-carrier, so 2/3 of the job done.

In Barnes/Vardy / Nacho / Daka/Maddison/Tielemans / even Ricardo, there would be finishers around..

Plus through him we can find space and the Physical strength to press forward, make runs to Take the pressure off,

or create & Build up our own pressure, hold the ball, hes looked Good defending tackling high up & the Defensive zone.

I wouldnt mind if we put in an offer for him..

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

Think you've rewritten history here. Mendy was playing practically every game under Puel then Rodgers dropped him?

I wouldn’t be so bold as to rewrite history, but I suppose I successfully forced myself to forget that time period when Puel played that miserable double-pivot. 

(Except for Chelsea away and Man City home, I remember that)

Edited by Jordan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I wouldn’t be so bold as to rewrite history, but I suppose I successfully forced myself to forget that time period when Puel played that miserable double-pivot. 

(Except for Chelsea away and Man City home, I remember that)

Never forget the bad times, they make the good times seem even better ;)

• Like 3