Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Sowah (Loan)

This guy needs to be coming on as a sub and slowly introduced to the premier league or starting cup games etc  . He’s already been on loan for the 3 seasons . Yea I know that’s mainly due to work permit reasons but he’s got 61 first team appearances . 

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

More likely it means Sowah was never going to get any meaningful time and isn't a factor either way,

You can't try and compete in 4 competitions with only 3 wingers, if Sowah is being loaned out then we'll need a 4th winger and there's no point them being inferior to Perez or Albrighton if we're letting Sowah go. Needs to be someone who can contribute.

• Like 1

If he remains at the club ,we will have a right side of Pereira, Castagne, Perez, Albrighton and Sowah  . Justin returning will also be an option. Arguably that is pretty strong , Left side we have Bertrand, Thomas, Barnes and Albrighton and Justin if necessary. Personally I don't see any real weaknesses even if we fail to get another wide attacker. Matheus Pereira would have been the ideal reinforcement because of his versatility on either side and centrally and I would love to know why we couldn't find a way of convincing him to come. The money was there for Vestergaard  so I assume there were other reasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

If he remains at the club ,we will have a right side of Pereira, Castagne, Perez, Albrighton and Sowah  . Justin returning will also be an option. Arguably that is pretty strong , Left side we have Bertrand, Thomas, Barnes and Albrighton and Justin if necessary. Personally I don't see any real weaknesses even if we fail to get another wide attacker. Matheus Pereira would have been the ideal reinforcement because of his versatility on either side and centrally and I would love to know why we couldn't find a way of convincing him to come. The money was there for Vestergaard  so I assume there were other reasons.

$$$$$$$$$$ - Supposed to be on £100k+ a week at Al Hilal and he gets to keep pretty much the whole amount, we would basically have needed to offer at least £200k a week to even attempt matching his take home pay

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

$$$$$$$$$$ - Supposed to be on £100k+ a week at Al Hilal and he gets to keep pretty much the whole amount, we would basically have needed to offer at least £200k a week to even attempt matching his take home pay

.. that all sounds very logical but I  suspect we never saw him as the answer to our problems!!!

I still believe that they were wrong, but we will eventually find someone to fill  the role, sometime.

40 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. that all sounds very logical but I  suspect we never saw him as the answer to our problems!!!

I still believe that they were wrong, but we will eventually find someone to fill  the role, sometime.

Probably not, but even if they did want him he wouldn't have come to us unless we offered him stupid money

Edited by moore_94

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Probably not, but even if they did wat him he wouldn't have come to us unless we offered him stupid money

....I do not agree with this premise, and as I said previously it all sounds very logical!!!

As someone who was initially bought for  £7.8m and became available at the end of the season with little signs of clubs beating down his door, he had a decision to make. As he said, a chance to earn an exorbitant amount of money became an option, in view of no teams, of any stature, willing to employ him. If no one is interested, and no international representation liability, it is no wonder he would opt for the pot of gold, than to continue to ply his trade in a team with a manager, who no longer valued or respected him.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I do not agree with this premise, and as I said previously it all sounds very logical!!!

As someone who was initially bought for  £7.8m and became available at the end of the season with little signs of clubs beating down his door, he had a decision to make. As he said, a chance to earn an exorbitant amount of money became an option, in view of no teams, of any stature, willing to employ him. If no one is interested, and no international representation liability, it is no wonder he would opt for the pot of gold, than to continue to ply his trade in a team with a manager, who no longer valued or respected him.

West Ham were interested in him, and yet couldn't sign him because they couldn't match the wages he was being offered by Al Hilal

Edited by moore_94

A top championship club would do him good but I’d rather we keep some cover in case of injuries.

Give him some cup games, a few run outs in games we’re winning, then loan him out in the new year unless he’s broken through to the first team.

Fuming if we let him go permanently, big fan of him and think he could definitely at least be a good squad player to have in the future.

I hope the club looks to try and include a buy back clause because I have no doubt he will put up even bigger numbers at Club Brugge than he was at Leuven and will get some good interest in him in the future.

This better mean we are bringing in a quality winger.

• Like 3