Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Sowah (Loan)

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

I can't wrap my head around that. 

BR has spoken about working to get playerS (emphasis on the plural) in but wouldn't go into what positionS (that plural again). I honestly can't think of a position we need to address more so than on the wings so I'm confused at to what players and what positions he's looking at. Weird, man. 

Center back

• Like 2

€9m towards Neres :ph34r:

But seriously good look to him, the club /Brendan have clearly made the call and had a chat with him to let him know he won’t play much here after watching him pre season. It’s a great move for him, hope he does well. And if he does amazingly, I hope we have a buy back! 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Center back

I mean, an argument can certainly be made for CB given our injuries but when everyone is back... 

I said we needed a CB before Wes got injured and do believe we need to look at loans for short term cover but I wouldn't have it as priority over a winger as we aren't blessed with a variety of options there even when everyone IS fit never mind injuries. 

Maybe Sowah hasn't settled here and is asking for a return to Belgium but it is a bit strange. He talked glowing about how pleased he was to sign a long term deal here last summer and he dreamt of playing in the PL. Rodgers said only last week he is a big talent and it was reported earlier in the summer how impressed the club had been with him.

Maybe we view £7m up front as too tempting and it affords us the ability to get 1 or 2 more players in but its a little perturbed if that sort of fee is all that's needed and we'd sell a talented youngster in order to do so.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Must mean we are bring someone in.

100% we are. Whether or not that's a winger we don't know. If Vestergaard is injured for a long time / Evans injury worse than feared then we will be centre back FC this window.

To me this says to me we needed to sell someone to get just a little bit more money... Perhaps feeling the extra 5-10m we need to pay is worth it... :ph34r:

Edited by StriderHiryu

I'd have liked to see a bit more of him, maybe in the domestic cups or the Europa, but if we've seen enough to come to the conclusion he's not at the required standard then it makes sense to move him on while his stock in Belgium is still fairly high. Hopefully we can do something with the money.

I reckon we will get someone dead good in and this will cover his loan fee only for us to sign him  permanently next season  for what might seem like a bargain, but with this loan fee taken off the full fee.

Just now, Scotch said:

I mean, an argument can certainly be made for CB given our injuries but when everyone is back... 

I said we needed a CB before Wes got injured and do believe we need to look at loans for short term cover but I wouldn't have it as priority over a winger as we aren't blessed with a variety of options there even when everyone IS fit never mind injuries. 

I just want us to collect as many center backs as possible. See how many we can get injured. Then play defensive midfielders in the CB role for the rest of time.....

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe Sowah hasn't settled here and is asking for a return to Belgium but it is a bit strange. He talked glowing about how pleased he was to sign a long term deal here last summer and he dreamt of playing in the PL. Rodgers said only last week he is a big talent and it was reported earlier in the summer how impressed the club had been with him.

Maybe we view £7m up front as too tempting and it affords us the ability to get 1 or 2 more players in but its a little perturbed if that sort of fee is all that's needed and we'd sell a talented youngster in order to do so.

I think our failure to offload Praet and Hamza has forced our hand..

• Sad 1

Don't really understand the meltdown on this one. A very high fee for a player who has never played (and most likely never would have) played in our first time. Record transfer for a play incoming to the Belgian League. And surely the money will go towards signing another player. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

It would have been stranger if he'd said he wasn't that arsed about signing a deal and hated the Premier League or if Rodgers had said he's got nothing about him and everyone had been really disappointed by what they'd seen of him

• Sad 1

Just now, MPH said:

I think our failure to offload Praet and Hamza has forced our hand..

Money can't be that tight, we can move Praet on for at least £12m but we'd possibly have to get him to take a pay cut or we subsidise it marginally. Hamza is the problem.

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I just want us to collect as many center backs as possible. See how many we can get injured. Then play defensive midfielders in the CB role for the rest of time.....

• Haha 1

Just now, Adster said:

Don't really understand the meltdown on this one. A very high fee for a player who has never played (and most likely never would have) played in our first time. Record transfer for a play incoming to the Belgian League. And surely the money will go towards signing another player. 

yeah we need a winger who is a nailed on starter. Playing in the europa and gunning for top 5 again means we have no time

to blood someone into the side who may or may not need time to settle into the side..