Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Sowah (Loan)

It’s good money, and there is clearly someone coming in on the wing for us. 

Given its all relatively quiet I think it could be a big surprise, Neres is the one I’m looking at, he appears to be leaving, they have bought a replacement, but nobody is talking about where he is going... 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not true, we don't have the players to play a back 5.

Our wide options are now perez, albrighton and Barnes, with very few centre backs. I'd be shocked if we didn't try and sign a wide player.

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

It’s good money, and their is clearly someone coming in on the wing for us. 

Given its all relatively quiet I think it could be a big surprise, Neres is the one I’m looking at, he appears to be leaving, they have bought a replacement, but nobody is talking about where he is going... 

issue with Neres is his love for the spicy side of line isn’t something we’re keen on as a club. 

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Our wide options are now perez, albrighton and Barnes, with very few centre backs. I'd be shocked if we didn't try and sign a wide player.

It's got to be a winger under the age of 21 on the 1st Jan 2021 though surely? Otherwise, I don't see how they get in the PL 25 man squad or the EL squad. Then when you factor in another new defender it's even more of a nightmare.

I think we've hit the perfect storm in not being able to strengthen the glaring weakness in our squad and yet its too tempting to accept the quite decent fee for Sowah.

10 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I don't think he's got any interest in strengthening the wide options, he just wants to play a back five with full backs providing width. 👎

In that case he's going to need to get wing backs in then because we haven't got any, oh and about four more CB's as we can't keep any fit.

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Barnes is the only one that makes 4-2-3-1 work though, soon as he's not available we don't have the players for that 🤔

Agreed. We aren't in a great place right now squad wise.

Don't have the players for 3 at the back without the return of Justin, Fofana and Castagne and even then I don't think any of our talented full backs are good enough to play the left wing back role and it also renders Maddison and Barnes role here useless. 

We don't have any other variation to Barnes in a 4-2-3-1 and even with Barnes there's the painful weakness on the right wing.

It's quite infuriating we've got ourselves in this position. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

It’s good money, and there is clearly someone coming in on the wing for us. 

I'd be really surprised if we went for him given his antics away from football. On the other hand would probably get on well with Perez Though.

8 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Barnes is the only one that makes 4-2-3-1 work though, soon as he's not available we don't have the players for that 🤔

Pretty much proven from last season, 4-2-3-1 looks our best formation yet when one players out ie Barnes we can't play it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't have the players for 3 at the back without the return of Justin, Fofana and Castagne and even then I don't think any of our talented full backs are good enough to play the left wing back role and it also renders Maddison and Barnes role here useless. 

We don't have any other variation to Barnes in a 4-2-3-1 and even with Barnes there's the painful weakness on the right wing.

I started a topic here where I tried to explain we have far too many central options even the forwards are central meaning 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 is reliant on one single player. No one was interested though 🙄

• Like 2

Just now, lcfcsnow said:

I started a topic here where I tried to explain we have far too many central options even the forwards are all central meaning 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 is reliant on one single player. No one was interested though 🙄

I've a horrible feeling this will be the breaking of Rodgers here. I'm baffled the longer this transfer window goes on and the decisions this club has made in the last year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I'd be really surprised if we went for him given his antics away from football. On the other hand would probably get on well with Perez Though.

And Maddison. And Hamza. 

I think we know which social group he’d fit into 🤣

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree..

Despite the new signings we still look paper thin in vital positions.

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Sorry Ric but what? This is probably the best squad we've ever had

It is our best squad but it is still unbalanced in certain positions like Ric mentioned with regards to no real quality right winger (for 4 at the back) and no quality actual left wing back (for 5 at the back)

Either system and it can be seen that there is still a “gap” in quality in a certain position

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't do it to yourself MPH, it'll only hurt more next Tuesday when that window slams shut and there's an Ayoze Perez hologram burned on the inside of your eyelids when you go to sleep.

but there’s still a chance!!!

We have to remember now that any player, young or otherwise, has to be immediately good enough to get us top six minimum. We’re playing in different circles now! 

We might have a cheap buy back… or we might buy him back for £30m in a few years.., either way, this is us now, same way your Chelsea’s etc do business. 

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Sorry Ric but what? This is probably the best squad we've ever had

We are one injury away (Barnes) to having to completely change our formation and the way we play.

We are strong in all other areas I agree, however if we are not selling Praet or Choudhury, I would of prioritised a winger over the Soumare signing

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Bad decision to sell him, loan OK but selling him , like Josh Knight , is a very bad decision. The money is going to make no difference and it does seem a cheap thing to do.

How can you know its a bad decision to sell him? Until he's played at Club Brugge there's not way of knowing. 

I can understand things from another point of view, but I genuinely think most of your posts are to prove your a WUM.

You are the Nick Griffin of Foxestalk