Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Who are our serious rivals...

I know we have the Premier League as a topic...

but I thought we could/should have A Topic that could Touch on who our fans see as our closest rivals now, then any different Views by the

End of October...Christmas-season...EOS- run-in...I

At present I See a wider choice..and for some Fans might be seen as OTT long shots. I just Think at season begin, at best is on covering another ca 6 teams,

with a 5th or even a 7th being the suprise...!!

I do believe the staying Power will be better this season of the other also-rans so:-

Everton

W.Ham (even if get a result on Monday)

A.Villa

Leeds.

Southampton ( if they Keep their Top squad players fit)

Spurs..

Wolves..

Arsenal..( If they can settle)

Watford,Brighton,Brentford, IMO could Rattle a few cages, but at present, Top 10 is a Good Target for themselves.

• Like 1

Well, if, as currently seems to be the case, we can actually manage to keep our top players at the club this year, then I was hopeful we'd be looking upwards and not down the table to find our close rivals. However, the unfortunate disastrous injury to Fofana, coupled with Evan's persistent foot problem, has cast serious doubts on such aspirations. 

From the chasing pack, I guess it's all down to whoever can find that chemistry, the winning formula, the 'X factor' if you like. Will Rafa be the one to finally drag the perennially under-performing Everton out of the shadow of their Merseyside rivals? Will Danny Ings give Villa the spark they need to compensate for Grealish departing? Like others have said, I really hope Nuno won't be the one to reverse Spurs' non trophy winning formula 🤣

For me, it's most likely to be West Ham and David Moyes who represent the greatest threat in the race for 5th / 6th. They seem to be building a strong team. It'll be interesting to see if their own fans will derail it all for them!

25 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

I fuxing HATE Spurs.

The weakest of the "big six"  as long as we finish above them, it is a successful  season.

Could also have something g to do with the fact that all the Spurs fans at School 20 years ago were TWATS

This sounds about right.  I'm also married to an Arsenal 'fan', though so that has an added influence, too - (currently on pause after the ESL debacle).

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Villarreal

In fairness, until one fateful event by one jerk in the last match, I feel sure most people didn't have any strong feelings about them as a club. On the contrary, because most people liked Iborra there was perhaps quite a benevolent feeling towards them. I'm still the same tbh, one individual doesn't make a team.

I even quite like Athletico Madrid, even though they've been our nemesis in Europe. Real Madrid and what they stand for however and the attitude of their fans, now there's a proper Spanish team it's easy to dislike 😁

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

In fairness, until one fateful event by one jerk in the last match, I feel sure most people didn't have any strong feelings about them as a club. On the contrary, because most people liked Iborra there was perhaps quite a benevolent feeling towards them. I'm still the same tbh, one individual doesn't make a team.

I even quite like Athletico Madrid, even though they've been our nemesis in Europe. Real Madrid and what they stand for however and the attitude of their fans, now there's a proper Spanish team it's easy to dislike 😁

I haven’t looked but I’ll be very disappointed if there aren’t any Sunday League teams named Athletico Madrid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

To be honest I really quite like Villarreal. I've always seen them and thought if a little town like that can make such an impact then it really can be done.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Seriously. One game in.

Get pasted on Monday and it's Burnley, Newcastle and then a six pointer at Norwich.

Ask again after 10 games.

No..!! Read what I wrote..

but I thought we could/should have A Topic that could Touch on who our fans see as our closest rivals now, then any different Views by the

End of October...Christmas-season...EOS- run-in...

From now..later in the season & EOS run-in.  So in "10 games already covered"..  You womble...:P

See how things changes through the season..

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

To be honest I really quite like Villarreal. I've always seen them and thought if a little town like that can make such an impact then it really can be done.

I used to be fairly fond of them but that was utterly classless behaviour that night.  From the needless aggression in a friendly and evident lack of remorse, to their management not appropriately responding by hooking the player, to their social media team posting goal celebration pics with Fofana on the deck.   Iborra is a gent and I bear him no malice, it's just a shame about the manner in which his new club seem to be happy operating.

Now Atalanta, there's a provincial underdog club I can admire and hope to emulate.

• Like 1