Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Who are our serious rivals...

On 21/08/2021 at 21:59, filthyfox said:

I fuxing HATE Spurs.

The weakest of the "big six"  as long as we finish above them, it is a successful  season.

Could also have something g to do with the fact that all the Spurs fans at School 20 years ago were TWATS

20 years ago you say?  Hmm

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Nottingham Forest, Derby County and Coventry City. Regardless of league position, those are the club's our fans hate the most. 

Fans who live in the Midlands. I've been a Leicester fan my whole life but never lived outside the South East and London. I despise Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs on account of being surrounded by their fans and watching them buy trophies. Feel nothing towards other midlands clubs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Fans who live in the Midlands. I've been a Leicester fan my whole life but never lived outside the South East and London. I despise Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs on account of being surrounded by their fans and watching them buy trophies. Feel nothing towards other midlands clubs.

Im similar to you a fan of LCFC due to history and family location rather than my own situation ( lived in HoMe counties all my life) BUT at university in the north east when I said I supported Leicester who gave me shit? Who took the piss in 2008 when we went down to L1? That's right Forest and Derby fans. Who has sworn at me and called me a c*** in service stations on the way to Leicester to watch a game? That's right Coventry fans. They're the only ones who care about us as rivals and really they should be the only ones we care about as rivals.

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Im similar to you a fan of LCFC due to history and family location rather than my own situation ( lived in HoMe counties all my life) BUT at university in the north east when I said I supported Leicester who gave me shit? Who took the piss in 2008 when we went down to L1? That's right Forest and Derby fans. Who has sworn at me and called me a c*** in service stations on the way to Leicester to watch a game? That's right Coventry fans. They're the only ones who care about us as rivals and really they should be the only ones we care about as rivals.

We've played Chelsea 19 times since we last played Coventry.

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Not just about 'new' fans though is it? Got fans who have supported Leicester for generations don't forget about that 'New England fox'

When you base rivalries on anecdotal gas station encounters based on shirts or scarves it's going to take a tens or hundreds of thousands of those to add up to the amount of people who see one match.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Nottingham Forest, Derby County and Coventry City. Regardless of league position, those are the club's our fans hate the most. 

They’re just like the default option but at various points over the last few years I imagine our fans would have more of a dislike for other clubs than we do those, we always go back to those 3 in the end but it was hard to exactly care much about what they’re doing, good for a laugh but that’s about it.

Meh ok. I think you'd get a different response in a Leicester pub but will say I'm pretty pleased our fanbase has diversified same goes to you @New England Fox its good we are no longer small time, localised etc because honestly those days were not all that!

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
Meant to reply to post above.. to much red wine on a Sunday evening

13 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I lose no Sleep over close neighbours....Love to see them with us..so I can start to hate them again...What a Rumble with ex-best mates...

A.Villa..WBA, Wolves,Stoke,Coventry, Birmingham Derby, Forest, Leicester,.........All in the PL... instead of those London irritants..

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Meh ok. I think you'd get a different response in a Leicester pub but will say I'm pretty pleased our fanbase has diversified same goes to you @New England Fox its good we are no longer small time, localised etc because honestly those days were not all that!

I go back to the 50s...a lot of Good memories, Happy to compete, not all laurels are for  winners alone.

Without the hard path of the also-rans...Winning & Standing on top has no weight or foundation...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Having lived in Crawley for the vast majority of my life, I feel for you.

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I go back to the 50s...a lot of Good memories, Happy to compete, not all laurels are for  winners alone.

Without the hard path of the also-rans...Winning & Standing on top has no weight or foundation...

I remember the commentary for the League Cup final against spurs.   The Spurs team cake out, and it said "Alan Sugar's millions...."

Says it all when Frank Sinclair was our record signing at the time for £2m.

ps...   I FOXING HATE SPURS!

Edited by filthyfox
cos I do

15 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Doesn't surprise me about cov, abhorrent team. Brings me great joy to watch them fail, genuinely one club I wouldn't be sad to see go bust.