Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Internationals 2021/22

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Could be purely confirmation bias but I seem to remember those three linking up quite well for us about a year ago.

Look - we have managed to hang on to Perez and Hamza.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Could be purely confirmation bias but I seem to remember those three linking up quite well for us about a year ago.

They did link up well. I still can't get my head around us letting him go, hopefully it's just for the year!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hales said:

They did link up well. I still can't get my head around us letting him go, hopefully it's just for the year!

Praet won't play for us again unless we change manager and even then I'd deem it unlikely. Seems a strange episode to me from start to finish, we pushed the boat out a bit to get him, under Rodgers, but Rodgers has never seemed overly keen on using him that much.

He's done here as far as I'm concerned.

• Sad 2

The Praet Rodgers saga is up there with the most baffling. He was being used more frequently before getting injured in the fa cup, then was thrown in straight after an injury due to the covid rule breakers in the squad. It seems like the bad performance turned Brendan off of using him. 

Very odd that he’s the one the got the blame for that game from the manager while Perez and Maddison swanned back into the side. Even more odd that he wasn’t given the time to get back to his best that Ricardo or other injury returnees seem to get. 

It also is similar to unders story here. He was also given one start to impress and didn’t and seemed on the outs from then on. I think the slavia game just sealed the deal. 

I think Brendan is one of those managers that once he’s made a decision in his head he sticks with it. Probably the same reason he doesn’t drop perez or mads, because in his head they are good. 

Seems like rather than judging people on the pitch, he’s judging on his own idea of them in his mind (if that makes any sense) 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 07/09/2021 at 23:41, jayfox26 said:

The lack of pace is frightening. Think Cags will find form again once he has Evans next to him 

yeah people are really quick to forget Cags quality now that he has a rough time. Vestergaard is definitely not going to bench Soyuncu lol. 

He had a good start to the season and had good performances in the Wolves and was instrumental in the FA Cup and Community Shield runs.

He will bounce back from these poor matches, right now it really seems like a confidence rather than a ability issue

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps some interesting dynamics on the horizon 

players can visit red countries to play without quarantine on return IF they are double jabbed

Patson has to play in Zambia in the next break 

cags has to play in Montenegro in the November break 

I suppose we will find out by default if they’re double jabbed! 

I don’t think any other players will have any issues in this regard

other clubs will have more issues I think, especially those with s American players