Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Internationals 2021/22

On 13/10/2021 at 09:23, lcfc_forever said:

Looks like he played on the left side of a back 3. If Evans is fit, and with Ihenacho and Vardy firing up front, 3-5-2 looks like the way to go, with Soyuncu at RCB, Evans in the centre, and Vestergaard at LCB.

We've been utter shite with 352. Two proper wing backs are required to play that way and we haven't got them.

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

90 mins at CB for Big Dan in Ghana's 1-0 win over South Africa. Ghana top their group and qualify for the African World Cup playoffs.

was immense both in getting the pen and defensively. he deserves to be an indisputed starter here

Is this the WORST penalty decision ever? South Africa are dumped out of World Cup qualifying after Ghana were awarded a spot kick despite minimal contact on Leicester's Daniel Amartey with Andre Ayew converting

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10203133/World-Cup-2022-South-Africa-dumped-qualifying-woeful-penalty-decision.html

• Haha 1

Did Maddison or Barnes get an England call as easily as Conor Gallagher has and a few others in recent months? I know he's started the season very well and I've no qualms with it but Southgate has tended to roll out the party line that it takes more than a quarter of a seasons good form to get called up. There's various inconsistencies with that though I'm sure. 

I know it took Barnes way more than Maddison but Maddison then had to go and show ridiculous form to get any further call ups.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, davieG said:

Is this the WORST penalty decision ever? South Africa are dumped out of World Cup qualifying after Ghana were awarded a spot kick despite minimal contact on Leicester's Daniel Amartey with Andre Ayew converting

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10203133/World-Cup-2022-South-Africa-dumped-qualifying-woeful-penalty-decision.html

The angle is dreadful. Look at the fella behind him and his lack of reaction. 

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Did Maddison or Barnes get an England call as easily as Conor Gallagher has and a few others in recent months? I know he's started the season very well and I've no qualms with it but Southgate has tended to roll out the party line that it takes more than a quarter of a seasons good form to get called up. There's various inconsistencies with that though I'm sure. 

I know it took Barnes way more than Maddison but Maddison then had to go and show ridiculous form to get any further call ups.

I can only assume Gallagher has come through the U21 ranks? They definitely favour keeping those lads on track to senior squads when they get the chance.  Barnes would be in if he’d played anything like his best form.

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

I can only assume Gallagher has come through the U21 ranks? They definitely favour keeping those lads on track to senior squads when they get the chance.  Barnes would be in if he’d played anything like his best form.

So did Maddison and Barnes??

Guest Kopfkino
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Gray got a game on the bench by virtue of people with the U21s at the time, Chilwell similar. Halfway through a break you’re gonna look to who is already around St George’s so it’s easier but he has also had a good run of form

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's just a virtue of the position he plays. We're not exactly stacked with talent in CM, whereas the attacking positions are full of quality (not that you'd know it with Southgate in charge)

Happy for Gallagher anyway, he's been superb for WBA last season and now Palace this season, he'll be an England regular for the next decade. Would love us to go out and sign him. He actually seems to have a proper winning personality as well.

4 hours ago, davieG said:

I thjnk he COULD be pushed from behind there. Bad angle 

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I sill think Mads made it impossible not to be chosen rather than something Southgate wanted to do. Mount and Rice felt like his favorites and anybody else was secondary. The whole, chosen on form is BS. We all know it. Maguire and Kane nailed on first team picks even though both have played terrible all season (including for England in the Hungary game). Suddenly pundits applaud Southgate for standing by his players because they score.... against Albania. Still nobody questions why Kane can't perform against half decent international opposition. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

If any of our players gets picked for England , the first thing they get is big ideas about themselves and the next is their form goes to shit. Vardy got the message and quit early.

Nah, Vardy saw immediately he'd only be warming the bench while Kane got automatic pick, wouldn't be subbed off, even though he's useless against half decent opposition and thought sod that I could spend my summer on a beach. He probably should have given Calvert-Lewin and Rashford a heads up.   

• Like 1