Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Internationals 2021/22

On 15/11/2021 at 11:00, davieG said:

Is this the WORST penalty decision ever? South Africa are dumped out of World Cup qualifying after Ghana were awarded a spot kick despite minimal contact on Leicester's Daniel Amartey with Andre Ayew converting

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10203133/World-Cup-2022-South-Africa-dumped-qualifying-woeful-penalty-decision.html

Learning fast from Daka, isn't he?

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

They both made England squads and got an appearance

then they picked up bad injuries - I think both would have made the euro squad if they hadn’t 

both were also competing in a v tough areas too

We also know that JJ would have been selected if he hadn’t got crocked

there is nothing to see here 

chilwell and maguire both played whilst they were with us 

Thomas is regular U22 LB

And we had the U18 captain yesterday 

you can label Southgate with a lot but ignoring non top six clubs for players isn’t really one of them ….

He does call up non big 6 players but I think they have to do way more for longer to get in the team/squad. Mount was fast tracked ahead of Maddison 2 or 3 years ago after a couple of PL performances compared to a whole good season by Maddison, for example. And I'm not sure Barnes would have been picked over Saka for the Euros, even if he'd not been injured. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

He does call up non big 6 players but I think they have to do way more for longer to get in the team/squad. Mount was fast tracked ahead of Maddison 2 or 3 years ago after a couple of PL performances compared to a whole good season by Maddison, for example. And I'm not sure Barnes would have been picked over Saka for the Euros, even if he'd not been injured. 

Mount had been picked out years ago, and by Southgates own admission would have made the squad regardless of how good he turned out to be. They decided he was going to be an England player and nothing was changing that. Crap attitude to picking a squad really.

Edited by Facecloth

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Mount had been picked out years ago, and by Southgates own admission would have made the squad regardless of how good he turned out to be. They decided he was going to be an England player and nothing was changing that. Crap attitude to picking a squad really.

Who was right re mount/madders ??

southgate or us ??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Who was right re mount/madders ??

southgate or us ??

I'm not making it a Mount v Madders argument. I just don't like what Southgate admitted to, that basically Mount could have been awful and he was still getting picked. That's not how we should be picking the squad.

Southgate definitely contradicts himself over selection, no doubting that.

His choice obviously but a bit rich to be calling out Maddison's behaviour (which wasn't anything serious) when he then picked Maguire after the incident in Greece plus several lockdown breakers.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Southgate definitely contradicts himself over selection, no doubting that.

His choice obviously but a bit rich to be calling out Maddison's behaviour (which wasn't anything serious) when he then picked Maguire after the incident in Greece plus several lockdown breakers.

He's proved himself to be a hypocrite.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

The **** said Maddison needed to prove himself at prem level after a full season then started Mount after just 6 games he is a liar not a hypocrite 

Are hypocrites liars?

Hypocrites are like a special type of liar who puts extra effort into disguising their misbehavior and sending us false signals of moral superiority. Those false signals drive our contempt

I'll stick with hypocrite.

Why do so many get worked up over international football.  The standard is often rubbish and in general its a flag-waving exercise. Too often important players get injured and that can undermine a team's performances. I am always concerned about possible long term injuries sustained in these often meaningless matches.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Are hypocrites liars?

Hypocrites are like a special type of liar who puts extra effort into disguising their misbehavior and sending us false signals of moral superiority. Those false signals drive our contempt

I'll stick with hypocrite.

I'd go for both liar and hypocrite, just to cover all bases :D

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

And that’s a wrap! No more international breaks until we’ll after the Christmas period!

We have quite a few Foxes on their way to the World Cup and a few more still alive with their nations.

Gutted, means we've got no break from this muck now. I've loved these 3 breaks this season, lifelines.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm wondering if any of the following might be named in the latest England squad today at 2pm:

• Maddison
  • Barnes
  • Thomas
  • Justin

Surely all of them must at least be in consideration. Possibly a little early for KDH.

It's been a little while since we had a Leicester player in the squad after a good run of Vardy/Maguire/Chilwell being named regularly and even Barnes and Maddison in the odd squad previously.

9 minutes ago, 87fox said:

I'm wondering if any of the following might be named in the latest England squad today at 2pm:

• Maddison
  • Barnes
  • Thomas
  • Justin

Surely all of them must at least be in consideration. Possibly a little early for KDH.

It's been a little while since we had a Leicester player in the squad after a good run of Vardy/Maguire/Chilwell being named regularly and even Barnes and Maddison in the odd squad previously.

It could be an experimental squad with minimal Man City and Liverpool players and a heavy schedule for others so you could be onto something. On that basis here's my thoughts:

Maddison - Very Likely fitness pending

Barnes- Likely

KDH - 50/50

Thomas - Probably not but wouldnt be a surpris

edit - Forgot Justin was on your list, think he's unlikely due to fitness.

Edited by Nalis

5 minutes ago, 87fox said:

• Maddison
  • Barnes
  • Thomas
  • Justin

I think there's an outside chance at Thomas, the others I don't see being picked. Southgate doesn't seem to like Madders for whatever reason, JJ is still not totally back to speed after his injury. Barnes -should- be picked, especially over the likes of Rashford who has been in awful form, but I don't think he will be.