Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Internationals 2021/22

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Hope Castagne is not called up for Belgium.

He’s not.

And neither is Evans for NI.

So by my reckoning we should have a good group of players at home resting and recovering for the final run in to the season.

Ie. Castagne, Justin, Ricardo, Fofana, Evans, Choudhury, KDH, Barnes, Maddison, Vardy, Perez, Soumaré. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Kyle Walker Peters ahead of Justin and Thomas.

Are you kidding me?

Also ahead of Lamptey too for balance. Wow, Southgate is utterly obsessed by players he coached for the 21s isn't he 

The Ghana Football Association have finally confirmed the Black Stars roster for the eagerly anticipated 2022 World Cup playoff with regional rivals Nigeria.

An analysis of the squad list revealed that four goalkeepers, nine defenders, six midfielders, four wingers and four strikers have been summoned for both matches by manager Otto Addo.

There are call-ups for Arsenal midfielder Thomas Partey, Leicester City defender Daniel Amartey and Crystal Palace striker Jordan Ayew.

The Ghana Football Association have finally confirmed the Black Stars roster for the eagerly anticipated 2022 World Cup playoff with regional rivals Nigeria.

Leicester City winger and new Super Eagles invitee, Ademola Lookman may have to wait to make his debut for Nigeria.

The former Everton winger is a doubt for the Qatar 2022 World Cup Qualifier games against the Black Stars of Ghana.

Lookman picked up a knock against Rennes in the Europa League but completed the match. It was the same game Wilfred Ndidi sustained a medial ligament injury to his knee.

The winger was however not listed for the Foxes clash against Brentford during the weekend as a result of illness.

Reports emanating from the Super Eagles camp leave his current situation dicey with his recovery from the illness not sure yet. However, there’s no official communication yet from the team.

Lookman’s Leicester teammate, Kelechi Iheanacho arrived the camp of the Super Eagles on Monday, few hours after featuring in a Premier League game.

In Lookman’s absence, a look on the standby list has Chidera Ejuke and Peter Olayinka as possible replacements.

Nigeria will play away to Ghana on Friday, the 25th of March before playing hosts to the Black Stars four days later in Abuja.

https://soccernet.ng/2022/03/ademola-lookman-doubtful-for-clashes-against-ghana.html

46 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Kyle Walker Peters ahead of Justin and Thomas.

Are you kidding me?

Also ahead of Lamptey too for balance. Wow, Southgate is utterly obsessed by players he coached for the 21s isn't he 

My thoughts exactly, I kind of understand KWP over JJ just based on form this season and JJ not long back from a serious injury, but Tyrik Mitchell from Palace over Luke thomas has to be a joke surely? I don't watch much palace but has he really been better than Luke thomas who you would argue plays and performs better for a better side. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Imagine finishing 5th two seasons on the bounce, having been in the top 4 almost the entire time, as well as win an FA Cup and during that time only 1 of our young English players got any call ups and played and that was Ben Chilwell who Southgate coached at U21's.

I know circumstances and injuries have likely scuppered Justin and Barnes getting call ups (actually Barnes did get 1 didn't he) but his hatred of Maddison is just astonishing. This season he's been excellent and is now everything Southgate wants from a creative midfielder. Infuriating.

Mitchell over Luke Thomas as well 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Where does Maddison fit into Southgates disgusting style of football? He's still not half the grafter that Mount is and is about as fast as Mark De Vries carrying GTF on his back.

I'd probably go Mitchell over Thomas as well, purely because Mitchell looks much more suited to being a wing back. Thomas doesn't really contribute anything past the half way line (which I find astounding considering how intelligent his crossing and passing into the box is)

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jabfox said:

My thoughts exactly, I kind of understand KWP over JJ just based on form this season and JJ not long back from a serious injury, but Tyrik Mitchell from Palace over Luke thomas has to be a joke surely? I don't watch much palace but has he really been better than Luke thomas who you would argue plays and performs better for a better side. 

Mitchells not represented England at youth level either so thought Thomas would be the one to get a call up considering he's been selected over Mitchell at u21 level for the last year. The u21s have two qualifiers next week so might be why they've kept Thomas in the u21 squad

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, turlo said:

Mitchells not represented England at youth level either so thought Thomas would be the one to get a call up considering he's been selected over Mitchell at u21 level for the last year. The u21s have two qualifiers next week so might be why they've kept Thomas in the u21 squad

****ing hell, didn't realise he got called up. Southgate hates Leicester.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Imagine finishing 5th two seasons on the bounce, having been in the top 4 almost the entire time, as well as win an FA Cup and during that time only 1 of our young English players got any call ups and played and that was Ben Chilwell who Southgate coached at U21's.

I know circumstances and injuries have likely scuppered Justin and Barnes getting call ups (actually Barnes did get 1 didn't he) but his hatred of Maddison is just astonishing. This season he's been excellent and is now everything Southgate wants from a creative midfielder. Infuriating.

Mitchell over Luke Thomas as well 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Southgate does seem to have a blindspot with Maddison.  Pretty sure if the discipline issues of past were with other players they would have been forgotten by now. James can only keep playing well for us whereby not calling him up becomes almost impossible. Good job a lot of our players are not English so more to wind us up. Still think Vardy done well to get as many caps as he did bearing in mind should have started more games.

31 minutes ago, turlo said:

Just never really been impressed by Mitchell when I've watched him either, just a shame would have been great to see a local lad get a call up.  

• Like 2