Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Internationals 2021/22

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

A few years back I was delighted to see Vardy in an England shirt but I honestly couldn’t give a monkeys if they get picked. 

No point sitting on the bench or collecting caps for 5 mins here and there. Southgate’s got his favourites and they will remain. 

He used Maddison as a scapegoat. Yet allowed Foden, Maguire and Walker (to a piss taking extent) get away with errors. 

The England match on Sat half-clashes with Belgium's match, so I know which one I'll be watching first, at least :P

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1

in a non-southgate world grealish would have been dropped for these friendlies as he’s not done enough at city or been as mercurial as he was at villa. Madders is on fire and that should be enough for him to go straight into the squad. I can’t believe he’s not even getting 1 game. Really pathetic from SG but let him get on with it.

madders should continue testing it up until the end of the season. If he’s still getting snubbed by then SG will no doubt get his ass chewed up from all the backlash.

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He used Maddison as a scapegoat. Yet allowed Foden, Maguire and Walker (to a piss taking extent) get away with errors. 

Backed up by idiots in the media saying "Maddison involved again" on the allowed trip to the darts when the team weren't playing for 10 days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Backed up by idiots in the media saying "Maddison involved again" on the allowed trip to the darts when the team weren't playing for 10 days.

I think what’s frustrating is that if he went to an entitled 6 club it would be all positive about him. But while he’s with us he’s an easy target. 

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Yes . Once the press have someone in their sights they can't wait for excuse to target them again.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Webbo said:

That is quite important.

It is indeed, as long as you've got the other ingredients as well. Thomas has pretty much everything bar being very quick, it might well prevent him from reaching the very very top but as long as he improves his end product to match his undoubted improvements he's made defensively then overall he'll prove himself to be a really good full back in the mould of Christian Fuchs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Kyle Walker broke lockdown at the height of the pandemic which included having two sex workers around his house !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Just seen Harry Kane interviewed about the Russian bid for the Euros and Qatar's record on human rights - they could not have chosen a less articulate and more out of touch spokesman. 

I will never get the hype around Kane the captain & spokesperson. I don’t think I have ever heard less inspiring words on the radio than “stick around for a press conference with Gareth Southgate & Harry Kane” a side totally devoid of character.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2547436/fourteen-foxes-set-for-international-appearances-around-the-globe

Fourteen Foxes Set For International Appearances Around The Globe
INTERNATIONALS

Up to 14 Leicester City players will be hoping to feature for their countries across the latest international window, which includes several crucial FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
- Çağlar Söyüncü, Kelechi Iheanacho, Ademola Lookman, Daniel Amartey and Papy Mendy could be involved in World Cup Play-Offs
- Kasper Schmeichel, Jannik Vestergaard, Youri Tielemans and Jonny Evans have been selected for friendly matches
- Patson Daka and Luke Thomas are also in line to play, while three Development Squad players may feature 

It all begins on Thursday 24 March when Çağlar Söyüncü’s Turkey travel to Portugal in their 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualification Play-Off Semi-Final at Estádio de Dragão in a 7:45pm kick-off.

Winning that fixture would set up a play-off final against either Italy or North Macedonia on 29 March, depending on the result, which also takes place at the same time on Thursday. The winner will claim one of the remaining three spots available for European teams to qualify for the tournament in Qatar.

Portugal’s Under-20s are also in action on Thursday, with City’s Development Squad midfielder Wanya Marcal-Madivadua selected in the squad to play Czech Republic Under-20s at home (5pm kick-off), in the first of three friendlies.

Three days later, Portugal’s youngsters travel to meet France Under-20s, and face the same opponents for a second time on 29 March.

Expand photo

Jonny Evans
The 34-year-old played 90 minutes in the final two World Cup Group C Qualifiers last November, helping Northern Ireland to two clean sheets and four points against Italy and Lithuania.

On 25 March, meanwhile, Leicester forwards Kelechi Iheanacho and Ademola Lookman could be handed minutes for Nigeria as they tackle Ghana in the first leg of their World Cup CAF Qualification Play-Off.

They may come up against a familiar face in Daniel Amartey, with the Foxes defender named in the Black Stars’ squad for the two-legged final which begins at Baba Yara Sports Stadium on Friday (7:30pm kick-off). The return leg is set to be played at Abuja National Stadium four days later (6pm kick-off).

Papy Mendy is also looking to help his country reach Qatar, with Africa Cup of Nations champions Senegal coming up against Egypt. The first leg is a 7:30pm kick-off at Cairo International Stadium on Friday, ahead of battling it out again at The Stade Me Abdoulaye Wade next Tuesday (6pm kick-off). 

Elsewhere on Friday, Northern Ireland centre-back Jonny Evans has returned to fitness in time to meet up with his international team-mates for their friendly clash with Luxembourg, a 7:15pm GMT kick-off at Stade de Luxembourg.

The defender may play again on 29 March, with Northern Ireland set to face Hungary in another friendly back at Windsor Park (7:45pm kick-off).

Expand photo

Youri Tielemans
The midfielder last played for his country in October's UEFA Nations League Finals, losing out to France in the last four.

Denmark duo Kasper Schmeichel and Jannik Vestergaard travel to the Johan Cruijff ArenA for a friendly with the Netherlands on Saturday 26 March (7:45pm), followed by an encounter against Serbia at Parken Stadium three days after (5pm kick-off).

Youri Tielemans, meanwhile, has been selected in the Belgium squad that will arrive at Aviva Stadium for a friendly against Republic of Ireland (5pm kick-off), ahead of hosting Burkina Faso at Lotto Park on 29 March (7:45pm kick-off).

Forward Patson Daka is in line to feature for Zambia as well, tackling Guinea in a friendly set to be held on 29 March.

International minutes are on the cards for left-back Luke Thomas, with England Under-21s preparing for UEFA European Under-21 Championship Qualifiers against Andorra, at Vitality Stadium on 25 March, and Albania, at Elbasan Arena, four days later (both 7:45pm kick-offs).

The Three Lions’ Under-18s side take to the field on Friday, too, as Development Squad pair Sammy Braybrooke and Ben Nelson set to face Sweden Under-18s at 2:30pm, before meeting Denmark Under-18s next Monday (11am kick-off).

All times GMT & BST.

16 hours ago, Stinky said:

I see its that time of year where people feel inclined to enter the international football thread and let us all know that they couldn't give two shits about international football

Which is a perfectly acceptable view.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
33 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Yes, I don't have much time for American Football but I don't go in the NFL thread to tell everybody I think it's shit... 

To be fair I did do that about f1, but that was mainly to test my theory that f1 are weird and sensitive. I feel it's important in life to sense check our assumptions.

33 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Two of my favourites - Nacho & Big Dan - going head to head for a World Cup birth. Who do I root for? Talk about Sophie's Choice.

Okay, not to be that guy: Sophie knew. She didn't have to make a choice. All mothers "know" but hope to take that secret to the grave. (My own mother? My eldest sister. All my siblings know.) I am not saying fathers don't also know, but it is more fluid for us: Who last brought me a beer?

In other words: Big Dan. He always brings me a beer.