Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Internationals 2021/22

6 minutes ago, rachhere said:

If this is the case I am absolutely gutted for the guy. 

he has to just go full grealish… play until the pressure on the manager is too high to ignore. 

We do have lots of options in that team and it’s been successful so you can understand why he wouldn’t want to shake it up much (even if on paper it’s wrong) 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

he has to just go full grealish… play until the pressure on the manager is too high to ignore. 

We do have lots of options in that team and it’s been successful so you can understand why he wouldn’t want to shake it up much (even if on paper it’s wrong) 

I don't think anyone is expecting him to come in and be in the starting XI straight away as obviously there are great players with more international experience, but to not even make the nations league squad as an option off the bench for something a bit different is just mystifying. 

• Like 2

Must be frustrating for Madders, but enjoy you're holiday instead and rest up. It would take an almighty injury crisis for Southgate to pick him. He just doesn't fit in to what he wants in a squad. He wants defensive midfielders and wingers. That's it.. 

Great for JJ though, but again we have a stupid number of full backs lol But he probably has a great chance of playing at least 1 of the games at left back. 

I mean Justin has had pretty mixed performances since back from injury and doesn’t look fully fit. He absolutely deserved to be called up for England last season before his injury but it doesn’t say much about England’s current left backs when he’s called up now. Feels a bit like when Hodgson used to call up Wilshere regardless of his fitness.

• Like 1

Delighted for Justin. But no Madders is absolutely criminal. Bowen deserves to be there of course he’s had a great season. I just can’t get my head around the Maddison omission. 

• Like 4

Happy for JJ. Devastated for Maddison. Not sure what else there is to do to get into the squad after such a stellar season. 

At least he can have a good break and come back refreshed next season. 

• Like 2

If Southgate doesn't want Maddison fair enough. I don't rate Southgate as England manager, he's Pulis in a waistcoat, but he shouldn't be picking players he has no intention of playing or doesn't think will fit into what he wants to do. Its the same situation with Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Just now, SixtiesFox said:

Pleased for Justin, but absolutely gutted for Madders. Southgate must really hate him. Hope this doesn't lead to him moving to one of the 'rich six' as he'd walk into the England squad if playing for one of them.

It's a disgrace, that's my thoughts as well, a tiny part of him must think if I was at a 'top 6' team would I be in that squad. 

2 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

Pleased for Justin, but absolutely gutted for Madders. Southgate must really hate him. Hope this doesn't lead to him moving to one of the 'rich six' as he'd walk into the England squad if playing for one of them.

Proves this with Grealish couldn't get near to being picked whilst at Villa, soon as he goes to Man C he gets picked despite not playing for them every week.