Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Internationals 2021/22

Gutted for Madders not getting in.  Should be well in over Gallagher. It Sends a message to all English players that if you're on form and have had a great season you probably won't get picked..

As for JJ, pleased he got in but it's a baffling decision from Southgate. JJ played all of 13 games, not been in great form and there is others who perhaps should have been ahead of him for this international round of fixtures. Kyle Walker Peters, Rico Henry and Matt Targett to name a few. 

Just because they aren't fancy names or play for the so called big clubs shouldn't mean they should be overlooked but unfortunately that's Yes Man Southgate all over.

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Like 3

We have an exceptionally talented player in Madison who has proved it against the best in England and Europe this season. The type and quality of goals are proof enough. Southgate has to find a way to get madders in the squad! When a player this good comes along you have to include him. Stupid southgate! Meanwhile useless plonkers like Maguire keep getting picked.

He's picked the wrong 'James', hasn't he?

To include Justin and exclude Maddison makes it perfectly plain to me that Southgate has not watched Leicester recently (i.e. in the last three months). Nor has he sent scouts to do so.

Maddison must be wondering what on earth he has to do to get the call.

Yes, we're biased on here, and I don't normally give a toss about England, but his omission this time is a clear miscarriage of justice and it makes me angry.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

JJ being called up is an absolute joke.

Maddison not being called up is a disgrace.

Southgate will never pick him, he's a clueless ugly willy puller.

Why is JJ being called up an absolute joke?

JJ called up as Southgate rated him highly pre injury and wants to have a look at him ahead of the world cup, considering Chillwell is out long term and Shaw's form has fallen off a cliff . He can play left & right full back in a back 4 or as a wing back and has a v high work rate, which ticks a lot of boxes. 

• Like 1

Four right backs in the squad not including Justin. He is definitely going to get some game time in his better position on the left.  Great recognition for him.

Southgate. If he carries on like this he is going to lose a lot of talent for the future. This was an opportunity to recognise and observe up and coming talent even if he doesn’t play them. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

B*****d Southgate wants Maddison to leave and sign for a club like Arsenal,Man U Spurs etc then he will probably consider him.

Why am I seeing this 'big club bias' argument banded about? He's literally just picked James Justin who has been pretty ordinary since returning from injury. 

I think he holds bias against Maddison based on past interactions and the perception of his personality rather than who he plays for. 

9 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

B*****d Southgate wants Maddison to leave and sign for a club like Arsenal,Man U Spurs etc then he will probably consider him.

Nope. He has a personal problem with Maddison and no matter who he plays for he won’t be getting in the side. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, turlo said:

JJ called up as Southgate rated him highly pre injury and wants to have a look at him ahead of the world cup, considering Chillwell is out long term and Shaw's form has fallen off a cliff . He can play left & right full back in a back 4 or as a wing back and has a v high work rate, which ticks a lot of boxes. 

If he's using him as a LB then fair enough, Southgate will likely give him 20 minutes over the 2 games though knowing the moron.

Re Maddison. It reminds me of Alan Hudson back in the 1970s.2 caps, and he was world class. How many caps did Keith Weller get? Was it 4?

Revie was the manager back then. Another a hole. Almost seems that 

he picked Justin to have a dig at him, because he's not at his absolute best at the moment. 

Mount is a pony, Foden is decent but in a world class team.

Madders has at time dragged us through periods of averageness, I’ve never understood why that doesn’t count for more when it comes to England. It is why they will never win a major tournament again as long as they continue to employ gormless fools like Southgate. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Why is JJ being called up an absolute joke?

We can’t moan about players not being called up on form and then not say a Leicester player who still looks half-fit and hasn’t really sparkled  since coming back from injury doesn’t deserve to get called up tbf.

I think Justin will come back real well next season but it’s a daft call up and if I was a fan of another club I’d be baffled by it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Why am I seeing this 'big club bias' argument banded about? He's literally just picked James Justin who has been pretty ordinary since returning from injury. 

I think he holds bias against Maddison based on past interactions and the perception of his personality rather than who he plays for. 

Has to be this, on performance his stats are decent. Tbf he has picked Gallagher (although he'll be back at Chelsea no doubt) who has played ok but not the stats

10 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

Southgate says that is if its a problem. Baffling decision.

You can just picture it now - its the world cup semi finals and we are playing against a really defensive organised top team, begging for a player who can unlock their defence and shoot from distance... and there's Madders at home, throwing darts at Southgate's head on the TV 

• Like 1