Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Internationals 2021/22

Just now, los dedos said:

So we have to name replacement manager every time we want to critise the current one ? 

Well you only have to look at this thread to see the vitriol that is directed at him simply because he didn't win a world cup semi-final and a euros final. If we consider that failure then we need to be looking at a manager that would have *certainly gotten England over the line in those games. I'm not suggesting that he's the perfect manager, but he undoubtedly deserves more respect than he is given. 

* Obviously no manager is guaranteed to win those games and ones that have more experience getting over the line are not going to manage England. 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Grealish is a much better footballer than Barnes though, let's be honest here. I understand the argument for picking players on form but you can't just pick players based on form. If you did that then we would moan when the squad understandably has no cohesion because it keeps changing so drastically. 

Bit harsh on Barnes, not many other players have been as productive as Barnes since he's been in the prem and Grealish has been poor in the best team in England. Like someone else pointed out, other players there based on form too. 

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

I dont think Maddison is too impressed, noticed him liking a few tweets from people who are asking how the hell he isn't in the squad. 

Tbh id be absolutely fuming if i was him and had the last 6 months playing like he has with his stats and not make the squad literally there is nothing more he could of possibly done

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Good, I hope he comes out and slaughters Southgate. Rodgers should apply the pressure too, like Klopp did in regard to TAA. It's an absolute disgrace based purely on non footballing reasons which although is a valid reason if its warranted which it clearly isn't given the indiscretions of many current picked England players.

My hatred of Garry Southgate knows no bounds.

I’ve always hated him. Bloke boils my piss. Especially when everyone was singing his name during the Euro’s…… the blokes a ****ing womble… and how can even sit there and say madders is contesting against Foden and Mount, when their stats aren’t even as good as Maddison’s 😂 absolute nonsense. 

• Like 1

Southgate is the joint most successful manager in my life time, joint with every manager there has been since 73 in winning absolutely jack. I've never taken to him and his pedestrian defensive football and not selecting Madders means he can get in the bin! 

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve always hated him. Bloke boils my piss. Especially when everyone was singing his name during the Euro’s…… the blokes a ****ing womble… and how can even sit there and say madders is contesting against Foden and Mount, when their stats aren’t even as good as Maddison’s 😂 absolute nonsense. 

How dare fans sing their manager's name! 

17 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Tbh id be absolutely fuming if i was him and had the last 6 months playing like he has with his stats and not make the squad literally there is nothing more he could of possibly done

Agreed, he did everything that Southgate asked of him and he still didn't get picked.

I would be looking for my Irish passport if I was Madders 

I’m fairness, Dier getting overooked  is a bizarre one as well, then he’s chosen Ben White! 

The entire selection is wrong in my eyes though. 

Im glad they’ve acknowledged Bowen and Tomori at last. 

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

At this point, if I’m James Maddison, I’m debating playing for Ireland and telling Southgate to do one. 

He can't, Southgate brought him on in a Euro 2020 qualifying game. He's done him like a kipper.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He can't, Southgate brought him on in a Euro 2020 qualifying game. He's done him like a kipper.

Can you change that after a certain time period? 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I’m fairness, Dier getting overooked  is a bizarre one as well, then he’s chosen Ben White! 

The entire selection is wrong in my eyes though. 

Im glad they’ve acknowledged Bowen and Tomori at last. 

There's always going to be controversies and hypocricies and it's a thankless task when you have to juggle form and reputation and some volatility in strength in certain areas whilst maintaining a good balance amongst a 25+ man squad. However, we know what he's said about Maddison and there's not a chance that a player of Maddison's ilk called Mames Jaddison hits 30 goals and assists in a season and isn't rewarded by Southgate somehow in a larger squad due to us playing 4 games across 2 weeks at the end of a gruelling season.

He's really fcuked it has Southgate, it's disgusting and I really hope Maddison goes away this summer and doesn't let it effect him. Cruel.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Its one of the biggest uproars in quite some time. He's taken a dislike to Maddison for non footballing reasons and no matter what he does he won't pick him, maybe if he joins one of the big 6 it will put pressure on him by the media to do so but until then he'll not face much flak.

He tried this shit with Trent Alexander-Arnold too to a certain extent, he's the strangest England manager we've ever had the misfortune of being charge.

People on here want to call Guardiola a “fraud” … yet here’s a chancer whose reputation is based on a couple of absurdly lucky tournament draws.  Who has loads of excellent players available to him, yet hits the buffers - HARD - every time he goes up against a non-pushover.

Happy to see Madders recharging his batteries and not involved in that shitshow.

• Like 1

England always does and will have a big 6 club bias as few others have said Southgate is a yes man in a poor FA system, and it’s all about £££ and sponsorship.

In regards to players, certain players get picked regardless of form and it is what club you play for, happened for years and is ingrained in the upper classes of the FA.

Until the FA gets a mega shake up and different minds in charge, England may have a chance of winning something.

It also can also eventually push English players away from clubs like Us with top 6 admirations  with the notion of “I must play for a top 4/6 team to get included regularly”

Which also keeps The Premier Leagues “big 6” in potential top 6 positions and weakens teams like ourselves as players have to move on to get international recognition they may want.

So in all it’s Win Win for the Premier League and FA when situations like Maddison arises, as we can plain see favouritism in place and things like Grealish not massively used at Villa, bit part player at City and straight in the England squad.

I think when Southgate first came and his quote of “you must be playing regular football, in form etc” was something that we all wanted to hear but in reality he has shown to just get back in line with most other England managers picking on club reputation over form.

Bowen/Justin’s inclusion are just little nods that Southgate does not go on reputation but it’s just for show.

The only thing I do give him credit for is breaking the club divides in England camps and they do seem to gel and lose club loyalty when they get together.

Edited by steflcfc

17 minutes ago, KingsX said:

People on here want to call Guardiola a “fraud” … yet here’s a chancer whose reputation is based on a couple of absurdly lucky tournament draws.  Who has loads of excellent players available to him, yet hits the buffers - HARD - every time he goes up against a non-pushover.

Happy to see Madders recharging his batteries and not involved in that shitshow.

In what universe were Germany a pushover? Their starting 11 that day had 9(!!!) champions league winners in it 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, sishades said:

G Southgate did say that "James had finished the season well". Outrageous decision to leave him out, 18 goals and 11 assists is simply outstanding. Truly baffling.

Tried to make it sound like it was just a few games the massive gimp. 

13 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

In what universe were Germany a pushover? Their starting 11 that day had 9(!!!) champions league winners in it 😂😂😂

Have you seen the results they had leading up to the tournament?

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Basically says it doesn’t matter what you do, or how much better you play than them. 

• Like 1