Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Internationals 2021/22

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Big decision for BR on Saturday. He probably has to play Cags, given the current lack of alternatives, but his last few games have been shockingly bad and playing Man City may finish off his confidence once and for all. Hard to fathom really as I thought he was really good in the Community Shield and against Wolves.

I'm still not completely writing him off but this is embarrassing now and it can't just be because of the lack of Evans.

I've liked him since he's come into the side, remember his debut against Wolves when he was basically the main reason we didn't lose, and I thought we had a real gem a few months later.

God knows what's happened. Feel like he just needs a month or so out of the side but there's literally nobody to bring in. It's the worst possible time he could've hit this kind of form as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm still not completely writing him off but this is embarrassing now and it can't just be because of the lack of Evans.

I've liked him since he's come into the side, remember his debut against Wolves when he was basically the main reason we didn't lose, and I thought we had a real gem a few months later.

God knows what's happened. Feel like he just needs a month or so out of the side but there's literally nobody to bring in. It's the worst possible time he could've hit this kind of form as well.

Maybe a bit tired? And lack of confidence without Evans for sure 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I think Brendan will back Cags and continue to play him

That'd be my guess but the club are obviously closer to him (Cags) and have a better idea of how he responds, what his head and temperament is like.

He's made a number of poor judgment calls of late, and some have been costly, and that must mess with your confidence.

Edited by drumbeat

Just now, NasPb said:

Maybe a bit tired? And lack of confidence without Evans for sure 

Could be a mix of things really. He shouldn't need Evans holding his hand though. He's not some kid anymore. He's got over 100 appearances in top level leagues and most of them for us.

I remember Maguire getting a red card for England about a year ago and he looked visibly gutted, like it had all got on top of him a bit, but he's come back from it really and he's looking alright now. Hoping for a similar kind of turnaround.

It's just sods law we can't really afford to rest him. Is anybody who has been out back for Saturday?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, drumbeat said:

That'd be my guess but the club are obviously closer to him (Cags) and have a better idea of how he responds, what his head and temperament is like.

He's made a number of poor judgment calks of late, and some have been costly, and that must mess with your confidence.

I would hope Brendan would only make a decision based on his club form (which admittedly has been sketchy too). I certainly wouldn't hold any performances for Turkey against him because, as we saw at the Euros, there isn't much in terms of ability/form around him at the moment.

I wonder if his contract situation has caused any issues with his confidence and form. He came back from his injury last season and was unreal again. Then he's had the best part of 4 or 5 howlers for us, bar the cup final when he put in one of the best defensive performances I've seen on a big occasion with Fofana. Then it's gone to rat shit again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder if his contract situation has caused any issues with his confidence and form. He came back from his injury last season and was unreal again. Then he's had the best part of 4 or 5 howlers for us, bar the cup final when he put in one of the best defensive performances I've seen on a big occasion with Fofana. Then it's gone to rat shit again.

Maybe sacking his best mate off....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've seen you say that a few times Ric but I really don't think Soyuncu was particularly great after coming back from his injury. He was notably no nonsense in his approach immediately after coming back, but he had quite a few mediocre games along the way.

Even the cup final you mention I thought he was extremely shaky 1st half, before being fantastic in a backs to the wall effort in the second.

The way Soyuncu defends requires full commitment and precise timing, his best attributes were always stepping in and nicking it off a strikers foot high up the pitch. Once some doubt, or a lack of confidence creeps in, it doesn't take much of a swing for his strengths to become his weaknesses, That sending off tonight is another prime example. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

He just seems all over the place at the moment. It's a shame because I like him as a player and the way he plays. Could he be trying too hard? He's always had a rash side to his game and it's showing regularly.

He'll never be one to quietly go about his business, he probably needs a spell out of the team but we can't give it yet.

38 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Turkey are ruining him. Being humiliated at the Euro's must have been difficult for him, and perhaps his confidence has been effected. Presumably the Turkish manager will get the boot soon enough.

Pure speculation, of course. I'm sure it is a combination of things in reality, with no Evans and all the chopping and changing at the back in pole position.

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Scotland looking in a much stronger position now to claim the 2nd spot.

I really struggle to understand what's happened to Austria. Some really quality players who took champions Italy into extra time.

They could easily have scored five themselves against Israel, but were both profligate as well as shambolic at the back.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Sixth clean sheet in a row for Schmeichel in this group.

Besides two disallowed goals, Israel offered surprisingly little, to the point where Christensen actually had Israel's best effort on goal!
Denmark just love playing these... 15-0 goal difference in their four competitive fixtures so far.

22 minutes ago, martyn said:

I've seen you say that a few times Ric but I really don't think Soyuncu was particularly great after coming back from his injury. He was notably no nonsense in his approach immediately after coming back, but he had quite a few mediocre games along the way.

Even the cup final you mention I thought he was extremely shaky 1st half, before being fantastic in a backs to the wall effort in the second.

The way Soyuncu defends requires full commitment and precise timing, his best attributes were always stepping in and nicking it off a strikers foot high up the pitch. Once some doubt, or a lack of confidence creeps in, it doesn't take much of a swing for his strengths to become his weaknesses, That sending off tonight is another prime example. 

Oh he was, Fofana got injured vs Leeds and Soyuncu stepped in and we had a run of about 4 or 5 games I think where he was brilliant. The QF vs Man Utd he was strong too. However something changed in his form and its not showing any sign of changing yet.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Oh he was, Fofana got injured vs Leeds and Soyuncu stepped in and we had a run of about 4 or 5 games I think where he was brilliant. The QF vs Man Utd he was strong too. However something changed in his form and its not showing any sign of changing yet.

He got Covid which meant he missed a couple of games and set him back.

• Like 1