Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Internationals 2021/22

1 hour ago, shen said:

He is unrecognisable from the Soyuncu we saw last season and looks more like the bombscare during his first time here.

Wonder what has contributed to this terrible form. Ünder not staying?

I suspect it’s not having Evans alongside him. 

57 minutes ago, shen said:

I really struggle to understand what's happened to Austria. Some really quality players who took champions Italy into extra time.

They could easily have scored five themselves against Israel, but were both profligate as well as shambolic at the back.

They are missing Sabitzer  big time. Cannot wait for newspapers tomorrow....

Kariyerim boyunca bir daha yaşamak istemediğim bir gece. Gördüğüm kırmızı karttan dolayı çok üzgünüm. Tüm takım arkadaşlarımdan ve halkımızdan özür diliyorum.
Translated from Turkish by
A night that I don't want to live again in my career. I am very sorry for the red card I saw. I apologize to all my teammates and the public.

11 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

The problem with Soy appears to be how he recovers from a setback during the game. 

If he starts well and the team are performing well, his confidence is there and his performance is invariably strong, as shown by his performances vs Wolves and Man City this season. However, if he has a setback, he's struggling to come back from it and seems to go into a downward spiral more often. 

As many have said, having a reassuring, experienced presence alongside him is important for Soyuncu but that's not a long-term solution. 

Perhaps work with a sports psychologist would be a good move to help him build his resilience and mental strength. 

This is a mindfulness issue.  

He needs to focus on his next tackle, pass  move etc rather than being distracted by thoughts of the recent past (which will not help him).

This is so important in all sports to be able to focus on the current moment... without thinking about the significance of it (the future or the stakes) or of previous actions (mistakes).

There is a lot of research on this... yet footballers seem to ignore it.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

I watched a good deal of the Holland v Turkey match (as it was on tv here) and Soyuncu was diving in and mistiming challenges from the off. The cards were really no surprise. There's something up. It's not his abilities, they're still there. I dunno, I'm at a loss. Maybe something in his head, maybe feeling a bit of pressure, lack of confidence... I don't know.

Under did look lively. I didn't see his goal but he had a few chances (and fluffed his lines) so it doesn't surprise me that he finally made one count. Holland were playing a high press and invariably got caught on the break on occasion. Turkey actually played some decent looking football at time, so it was an occasion where Under was going to look good up front, using his pace and skills. He offered little defensively though and was often the 'out ball' 

I'd watched the Germany v Armenia match and that really was one sided.

Edit: should really have mentioned how good Holland were. Not only was their finishing clinical, there was really clever build-up play.

Edited by drumbeat

Seems like he's in his own head at the minute. Overthinking and trying to force things will lead to dodgy passes and diving in. He seems like he's stuck in his own head, could do with a chat to a sports psychologist and taking out of the lime light for a week or two.