Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham (A) Mon 23/08/21 @ 8pm Match Thread - Sky Sports

These are sitting so deep letting us play it around then when we get in their third of the pitch they’re on us and then there’s space in behind for them to break. Rodgers clearly hasn’t learnt from last season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Vardy wasn't even looking at Mustafi. 

I don't think Perez went to injure him but it was a dangerous incident. We'd want a red if it was the other way round.

I was gonna say it was was a bit like Bertrand at Southampton but I watched that again and he had his eyes up. Clumsy and bad as a fan, but if it was against us, we’d be foaming

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

I think you need to watch it again. His left foot is far from a natural stumble position. He moves it further left to try and block fornells leg. 

'natural stumble position' I've heard it all now 

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, Bozman said:

Lets hope Arsenal are hoping to sign Maddison fookin bang average

They can take BR as well

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

“Intent” is nowhere in the rules for serious foul play red cards. It’s a red card all day.

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Yes but I’d argue there wasn’t a tackle or a challenge it was just a natural movement to stop falling

We’re a bad match up against West Ham. We can’t seem to cope with Moyes sets them up. We’re pretty slow and ponderous with our passing and it’s ideal for them because they’re like a coiled spring just waiting to Nick the ball and go. 

Twice last season West Ham’s tactics were the same, twice we lost, all be it for a late flurry in the second game. It’s just too easy for them, we could be here until next week and we won’t lay a glove on them. 

Moyes knows how to beat us and he just so happens to have the tools to do it. 

Just now, MPH said:

that’s the point though- he never lunged at the player. He didn’t even look at him of fully know where he was. He didn’t tackle the player. Both your points are null and void 

He takes a big stride with his left foot and plants it on Fornals’ ankle. It’s endangering the opponent, hence, it’s a straight red card.