Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham (A) Mon 23/08/21 @ 8pm Match Thread - Sky Sports

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Having had a good look at it... it is a red card.

Perez may be stumbling, but there it's not a natural action to plant his foot either in that manor or in that direction. 

I saw it as he was trying to get his body between the ball and fornals ? I don’t think there’s any intention to foul him

1 minute ago, Bert said:

These are sitting so deep letting us play it around then when we get in their third of the pitch they’re on us and then there’s space in behind for them to break. Rodgers clearly hasn’t learnt from last season. 

It's the absolute blueprint for beating lcfc. Tried and tested by half the league over the last 12-18 months. No sign of it changing.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Yes but I’d argue there wasn’t a tackle or a challenge it was just a natural movement to stop falling

It’s a red. We can argue that he was pushed or lost balance, but his studs were high and he was dangerous and reckless in his action. Accidental or not it’s a red card. 

• Like 3

Atleast he can start Perez for a few games.

Very reminiscent of last season. Too physical for most our team. And they look like scoring with each cross. Damn you zonal marking!

1 minute ago, Le Renard said:

I'm not a Perez hater, but he is just Meh!  If we are looking to kick on and solidify our position towards the top 6, then he's not good enough to start.

he doesnt add value... just like Amartey but they get the nod all the time

5 minutes ago, trabuch said:

This is my optimistic take on it too. We might have a chance of a counter attack - like the old days!

Don't we have to be able to complete a forward pass for that? 

That was a proper shocking half of football from us. 

Let's hope BR makes some changes at half time and actually makes a game of it. 

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

I defend most players to the hilt but I'm sick of Perez. He offers absolutely **** all.

I'm usually pretty positive but some days you just know and we're not getting anything out of this.

Feels like Chelsea away last season. Looked beaten from the off

Tielemans - shocking 

Ndidi - shocking 

Maddison - beyond shocking, like we already had 10 men 

Kit is awful as well, happy days.

At least it's entertaining hearing the gears turn in Big Dan's head as he decides who to aim an overhit pass towards 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Can’t believe any real LCFC fan would think otherwise. If that was Vardy wouldn’t even be a debate on here, everyone would say the same as you have there. 

Ah yes anyone that sees things different and doesn’t have blue tinted specs on isn’t a real fan.

What a load of bo11ocks!!

• Like 1

We need to play on the break now and let them come forward and control the ball. Bring Daka on to give them something to worry about. We are playing the game in front of them and it’s all so very easy and comfortable. Next goal is crucial if we can somehow draw ourselves level we could get something if they get it I’ve got a horrible feeling it could be a 4 or 5-0 job. Time for Brendan and the players to react. Definite red card but every cloud and all that at least he won’t be an option for 3 games so gives someone else a chance to grab that shirt and keep Perez out.

Atleast our possession stats are off the charts. That'll please some.

I'm sorry but you can ever play the "Yeah but us keeping the ball tires them out" because i'm sorry playing one-twos between our centre backs isn't tiring no-one out.

This is the easiest half of football West Ham have ever had.

• Like 1

Poor half. Spent more time passing between the CB’s than actually trying to get through West Ham. 

Was definitely a red card. Yes he was off balance but Perez didn’t have to overstretch like that, it was dangerous. That being said I can’t believe some of the hatred on here for Perez…it was only 3 months ago his interception was critical in winning us the FA Cup

• Like 2