Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham (A) Mon 23/08/21 @ 8pm Match Thread - Sky Sports

Getting bullied. Need Soumare on and castagne for Thomas if fit

Also at 11 men Vardy needed to run the channels more to create space for an out ball like he used to.

Need to soak up the pressure and hope for a lucky counter attack now. 

We look weak physically, need some strength in midfield. A slight breeze is enough to push our players over. I agree with a previous poster...this season may just be not our time. The test will be on Saturday against Narwich. Lose that one and my furniture goes out of the window.

1 minute ago, Brooksy said:

One of the worst halves under Rodgers?

We seem to say this a lot. FA Cup and Community Shield performances aside his style of football is horrendous but we won the FA Cup so can’t complain too much. 

I don’t get why we play Vardy in games like this. It’s clear he won’t touch the ball and when he has today he set them on their way for the goal.

Cant let dog shit football beat you every time BR. Learn and see we need a player to come deep and do something.

Had enough making these shit tactics beat us so easily! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

It was going to be hard enough to come back with 11,itll need a miracle now. I think it was a red card, even if there wasn't any intent. 

Can accept its red, but to say there is intent is laughable

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

These are sitting so deep letting us play it around then when we get in their third of the pitch they’re on us and then there’s space in behind for them to break. Rodgers clearly hasn’t learnt from last season. 

Yep. Just like last season all over again. Their game plan is so basic but we appear clueless against it.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So it really is a popularity contest as I suspected all along. Nothing to do with judging it on its merits. You are kinda  dumb lol

Vardy is popular because he's done more for the shirt than any player in our history, perez is unpopular because he doesnt perform. Popularity amongst fans is linked to performance on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

You just know some people on here were begging Oliver to pull out the red as they have more hate for Perez than they do love or want for Leicester to win. And that's a sad indictment of how fans think these days. 

The worry is it's more than some.

• Like 1

Here is the problems I have identified.

Another game with too much possession at the back with the cb's passing to each other.

No driving the ball forward by dribblers, the players we have had that do this injured, fofana, justin.

It wasnt addressed mid first half, which ultimately led to a goal conceded and under pressure perez to do a wreckless challenge.

I do think the red was a red.

The only positives are when we win the ball up the pitch we have turned into attack a few times, but then those have fizzled out with errors or good west ham defending.

So moyes has nailed it on strategy, and we will see in second half if rodgers can sort out the strategical blunder.

Now we down to 10 men I am hoping we go counter attack, and have urgency going forward.

Edited by Chrysalis

Guest Kopfkino
3 minutes ago, Bert said:

These are sitting so deep letting us play it around then when we get in their third of the pitch they’re on us and then there’s space in behind for them to break. Rodgers clearly hasn’t learnt from last season. 

It’s a shocker tactically, they know they need to mark Tielemans out of the game and that we’re so lopsided towards the left so get two on Barnes and we’re nullified. As soon as we try to move up the pitch through the centre, they just bully us and win it back.  

Sign a ****ing right winger