Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham (A) Mon 23/08/21 @ 8pm Match Thread - Sky Sports

Gonna have to change everything here. West Ham stopping Leicester midfielders from even turning by laying off amartey and Soyuncu and Thomas who seems to be making it look like a back 3.

now we a man down now I say just play it ugly and kick it up to the forwards with either kelechi or daka on too 

Have some sympathy for Perez, he was pushed and trying to plant his foot to help get his body between himself and the ball, but it is a red. He was about our best player before that, not that there's much competition.

Barnes looks short of form, Vardy on jog mode, Maddison and Tielemans ineffective and Ndidi being ragdolled by Antonio.

Nacho, Daka and Soumaré on at some point.

Edited by martyn

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Farrington fox said:

It’s shit isn’t it

It's the curse of the green kit. Remember the traumas we had with the Ind Coope version

Officially Licensed Leicester retro football shirts | leicester city fc  vintage soccer jerseys

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Atleast our possession stats are off the charts. That'll please some.

I'm sorry but you can ever play the "Yeah but us keeping the ball tires them out" because i'm sorry playing one-twos between our centre backs isn't tiring no-one out.

This is the easiest half of football West Ham have ever had.

It's tiring me out.

• Like 1

Just now, MPH said:

that’s the point though- he never lunged at the player. He didn’t even look at him of fully know where he was. He didn’t tackle the player. Both your points are null and void 

He does see the player, I’ve watched it over 

It’s reckless 

Ayo's off balance and it happens so quickly, but you have to expect a professional to know stamping down with that much force into an area Fornals is pushing into would be dangerous and it's connected really nastily - so it's a red card.

West Ham somehow have our number. Double over us last season and now this. Wasnt long ago we were rocking up there putting the second string out and winning with ease. We look really poor finishing chances and covering breaks. Probably ends 3-0

The red card makes no difference, we were already stinking the place out and only ever going to lose playing like that. Literally worse than anything Puel came up with. Some players I'm that starting line-up that don't deserve to be there when you see what we have on the bench too.

Is Rodgers overly cautious with new signings? He seems to have a big thing about integration and “getting up to speed physically” - it seems like the days of your new star signings automatically starting are long gone, and to be honest we could probably do with it. Daka and Soumare would have freshened us right up tonight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s a red. We can argue that he was pushed or lost balance, but his studs were high and he was dangerous and reckless in his action. Accidental or not it’s a red card. 

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

He’s quite clearly challenging for the ball

I’m not convinced it was. If any challenge endangered fornals it was the one on Perez! I’m convinced perez didn’t even make a challenge and was not in control of his movement due to the push before hand. No way is it a red in that situation. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So it really is a popularity contest as I suspected all along. Nothing to do with judging it on its merits. You are kinda  dumb lol

Yeah I'm dumb kid. 

Who scored the winner last weekend? 

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

These are sitting so deep letting us play it around then when we get in their third of the pitch they’re on us and then there’s space in behind for them to break. Rodgers clearly hasn’t learnt from last season. 

We seemed absolutely lost and didn’t know what to do with them refusing to press us..

great tactics by Moyes, has to be said…

Daka or Iheanacho will grab their chance next three games and bring an end to this Perez nonsense.

All the “he was playing quite well” brigade.. Christ he made one average pass and hoofed an easy shot almost out for a throw in. 

• Like 1

Seems to be a two way street in the fact that either Perez meant it or it was an accident . My own view is that people are judging it on the slow mo and as his foot went down he wasn't even looking . Even if he was he had no time to react . 

Saying that if it was the other way round id want a West Ham player off 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, honeybradger said:

Vardy is popular because he's done more for the shirt than any player in our history, perez is unpopular because he doesnt perform. Popularity amongst fans is linked to performance on the pitch.

So this explains the Tielemans love does it? I do not like Perez as a player, but he is our player, so what does pissing your pants achieve?

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Men against boys. We've so many weak players who can't deal with thus type of game. 

Red is harsh but fair. We'd expect it given the other way but I don't think there's intent there.

Just what I said ..  not physically or mentally strong enough ..  so many weak spots for them to attack ..  all that tippy tappy at the back nearly put me to sleep ..  need to really shake things up sub wise to stop this from being a rout.